Cortes is Back...

Ha. Then you should go take a look at the “To Dark Ninjaa” thread.

It started out with some doofus calling out DarkNinjaa for bad language, and with one phrase in French, I managed to turn the whole thing into a polyglot free-for-all, with DarkNinjaa cussing her sweet fine ass off in French: “yeah, and that son of a whore isn’t here to defend his point of view. Where is that imbecile? That coward?! I respect men with balls, and I shit and piss on little bitches like the OP!!”

It was beautiful. You should have been there.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Ha. Then you should go take a look at the “To Dark Ninjaa” thread.

It started out with some doofus calling out DarkNinjaa for bad language, and with one phrase in French, I managed to turn the whole thing into a polyglot free-for-all, with DarkNinjaa cussing her sweet fine ass off in French: “yeah, and that son of a whore isn’t here to defend his point of view. Where is that imbecile? That coward?! I respect men with balls, and I shit and piss on little bitches like the OP!!”

It was beautiful. You should have been there. [/quote]

I’m there.

Welcome back you magnificent bastard you!. its about time.

DarkninjaS been tearing it up lately. She/he has a gift for mayhem lol…

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Welcome back you magnificent bastard you!. its about time.

DarkninjaS been tearing it up lately. She/he has a gift for mayhem lol…[/quote]

Always good to see you, too, my good buddy, thanks!

Nice to see your avatar, Cortes!

Was wondering where you’d gotten off to, can’t remember how long it was since I’d last seen you post, welcome back!

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

Where have you been, buddy? [/quote]

Oh, here, there and everywhere. Took some time off from T-Nation, but was lured back after stumbling across an old thread where Chushin among others was speculating on the reasons for my absence. Shall we say that rumors of my demise were greatly exaggerated. What brought me back, though, was the new to clear up the details of a legend On Edge was attempting to spread about me, involving the sinews of a freshly-killed wild boar and the teeth of a catfish… Or something like that.

But even I didn’t start up a thread whose sole purpose was to announce my return, Cortes, and I guarantee you that my ego is much bigger than yours. :P[/quote]

In otherwords, Cortes, if you ever decide to return to America be sure and double check those statutes of limitations or you might also go missing for a while.

You were gone for like what a couple weeks? Snore.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
You were gone for like what a couple weeks? Snore. [/quote]

I’m glad you noticed I was gone.

To be honest, I seriously started this thread to learn the truth about DN and nothing else.

Hate away, though.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
Nice to see your avatar, Cortes![/quote]

Thanks Em! Always nice to see the Charles Kitman avi, as well. (^^)

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:
Was wondering where you’d gotten off to, can’t remember how long it was since I’d last seen you post, welcome back![/quote]

Just for you BK:

Crazy Heart, 13 Assassins, Hara-Kiri (OMG!) and I DID see and love The Place Beyond the Pines.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

Where have you been, buddy? [/quote]

Oh, here, there and everywhere. Took some time off from T-Nation, but was lured back after stumbling across an old thread where Chushin among others was speculating on the reasons for my absence. Shall we say that rumors of my demise were greatly exaggerated. What brought me back, though, was the new to clear up the details of a legend On Edge was attempting to spread about me, involving the sinews of a freshly-killed wild boar and the teeth of a catfish… Or something like that.

But even I didn’t start up a thread whose sole purpose was to announce my return, Cortes, and I guarantee you that my ego is much bigger than yours. :P[/quote]

In otherwords, Cortes, if you ever decide to return to America be sure and double check those statutes of limitations or you might also go missing for a while.[/quote]

I check them religiously, on edge. (^_~)

Damn,

Just saw this thread.

First post, and Cortes mentions me. Hahaha! Fucking hell.

Gotta go. Will read this thread later.

Ps: welcome back, you, fucking misogynist motherfucker!

:slight_smile:

Hmmm. I think “fucking misogynist motherfucker” trumps “kusogaijin yarou”.

Darkninjaa wins again. Damn.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:
You were gone for like what a couple weeks? Snore. [/quote]

I’m glad you noticed I was gone.

To be honest, I seriously started this thread to learn the truth about DN and nothing else.

Hate away, though. [/quote]

Just giving you a raz.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Well, that may be a mistaken conclusion, brought on by the fact that Dark Ninjaa seems to have a lot more balls than the majority of her detractors.

Welcome back, you kusogaijin yarou. :)[/quote]

Loud/potty mouth does not equal balls.

If that were true my 8 year old nephew has the biggest balls this side of the planet.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:
Was wondering where you’d gotten off to, can’t remember how long it was since I’d last seen you post, welcome back![/quote]

Just for you BK:

Crazy Heart, 13 Assassins, Hara-Kiri (OMG!) and I DID see and love The Place Beyond the Pines. [/quote]

Funnily enough I saw Crazy Heart not too long ago, I saw The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke drunk and somehow it led me there afterwards, and I have a fairly lengthy review of 13 Assassins in the Even More Movies thread from a couple days back. Be happy to talk to you about it if you like, mostly about how great Naritsugu is as a villain, how great introducing the “yokai” assassin was and how brilliant that fight scene in the latter part was, even for how incredibly long it lasted. Yeah PBTP was brilliant wasn’t it? I have some reservations about Gosling’s Only God Forgives though, I’ve heard some very differing opinions so far.

Have not seen Harakiri though, for some benign reason it’s one of the ones I really should have seen but managed to miss it, shall watch it very soon. Man, there’s a Danish film I reviewed in the Even More Movies thread too (it’s Derek’s new one, along with 13 Assassins) called The Hunt, I expect you’d enjoy the hell out of it, if you ever have time try to find it, it’s one of my favourite films I’ve seen fresh this year.

Also, it’s way too early right now, but Takashi Miike has a new one out called Shield Of Straw that premiered at Cannes. And there’s one by Hirokazu Koreeda called “Like Father, Like Son” that won the Jury Prize, worth looking out for.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
Damn,

Just saw this thread.

First post, and Cortes mentions me. Hahaha! Fucking hell.

Gotta go. Will read this thread later.

Ps: welcome back, you, fucking misogynist motherfucker!

:)[/quote]

Thanks, you foul mouthed, narcissistic pervert, you!

Looking forward to catching up. (^_^)v

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

Just for you BK:

Crazy Heart, 13 Assassins, Hara-Kiri (OMG!) and I DID see and love The Place Beyond the Pines. [/quote]

Funnily enough I saw Crazy Heart not too long ago, I saw The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke drunk and somehow it led me there afterwards, and I have a fairly lengthy review of 13 Assassins in the Even More Movies thread from a couple days back. Be happy to talk to you about it if you like, mostly about how great Naritsugu is as a villain, how great introducing the “yokai” assassin was and how brilliant that fight scene in the latter part was, even for how incredibly long it lasted. Yeah PBTP was brilliant wasn’t it? I have some reservations about Gosling’s Only God Forgives though, I’ve heard some very differing opinions so far.

Have not seen Harakiri though, for some benign reason it’s one of the ones I really should have seen but managed to miss it, shall watch it very soon. Man, there’s a Danish film I reviewed in the Even More Movies thread too (it’s Derek’s new one, along with 13 Assassins) called The Hunt, I expect you’d enjoy the hell out of it, if you ever have time try to find it, it’s one of my favourite films I’ve seen fresh this year.

Also, it’s way too early right now, but Takashi Miike has a new one out called Shield Of Straw that premiered at Cannes. And there’s one by Hirokazu Koreeda called “Like Father, Like Son” that won the Jury Prize, worth looking out for.[/quote]

Good stuff, BK, thanks for the recommendations, I’ll definitely adding those to my watchlist. You MUST see Harakiri. See the original version BEFORE the Takashi Miike version, but make sure you see both. Back to back is best, as they are almost, but not quite, the same story. The original is as good as the best Kurosawa movies. Yes, it’s as good as Seven Samurai. I did say that.

I am extremely excited about Only God Forgives. I am fairly certain the bad reviews stem from queasiness and little else. I like movies that make most people queasy.

Crazy Heart was fabulous. This is actually what led me to it: