Correlation Between Blood Pressure and Hematocrit

Am I right in thinking that if hematocrit is high then blood pressure will be high as well? Can you just go off blood pressure by determining when to donate blood?

I am wondering if it is necessary to be getting hematocrit tests all the time or if blood pressure reading would suffice. Before you say just go get it tatted at the blood bank, I do self phlebotomy so that is not an option. They banned me for being on trt which I think is bullshit but whatever.

Thanks for any replies

Why are you donating blood on cycle?

[quote]Squige wrote:
Why are you donating blood on cycle? [/quote]

Well technically I am on a blast right now, and will go back to trt when done so I wouldn’t call it a cycle, but i’m assuming you are unaware of aas and increase in rbc production? Aka thickening of the blood. It is important to monitor this.

hematocrit and blood pressure are two of the most important health indicators to keep an eye on… having said that, I would imagine that there is a correlation between the two.

it’s standard procedure to donate blood/have therapeutic phlebotomy about every 2 months… if you could buy a blood pressure cuff like the one they have at the hospital and test your BP a few times a week that would be optimal…but hematocrit takes a while to creep up IIRC

PS. you were probably banned from donating blood…but im sure you could get a prescription for routine therapeutic phlebotomy

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
hematocrit and blood pressure are two of the most important health indicators to keep an eye on… having said that, I would imagine that there is a correlation between the two.

it’s standard procedure to donate blood/have therapeutic phlebotomy about every 2 months… if you could buy a blood pressure cuff like the one they have at the hospital and test your BP a few times a week that would be optimal…but hematocrit takes a while to creep up IIRC

PS. you were probably banned from donating blood…but im sure you could get a prescription for routine therapeutic phlebotomy [/quote]

Thanks for the reply walkaway, glad to see you still around.

I tried the therapeutic phlebotomy route but my dumbass doc just doesn’t seem to understand, and he’s an endo. Big surprise right? He even told me, you don’t want to do that, there are side effects from donating blood, haha!

I do have an omron bp wrist cuff monitor. If I take two baby asprin it will lower my bp within minutes to around 135/80 ish. If I don’t take any baby asprin it is slightly higher, higher than id like it to be anyway.

I have also noticed the lower my pulse, the higher my bp and the higher my pulse the lower my bp. I guess that has to do with my blood getting circulated faster?

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:

Thanks for the reply walkaway, glad to see you still around.[/quote]

You’re not the only one.

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
I tried the therapeutic phlebotomy route but my dumbass doc just doesn’t seem to understand, and he’s an endo. Big surprise right? He even told me, you don’t want to do that, there are side effects from donating blood, haha!
[/quote]

Side effects like… could save your life and the life of another? X2 on the Dumb Ass!

I guess I’m just confused. Why would you want to donate your testosterone packed blood to someone who is obviously not going to be on steroids. Unless I’m missing something physiologically.

Its not enough blood to make a difference, the receiver would not notice anything out of the ordinary either.

Unless you want to be more vulnerable to heart attack, stroke, blood clots, etc. I suggest you donate blood when needed, or atleast get it out of you somehow. Too high HCT is no joke.

[quote]Squige wrote:
I guess I’m just confused. Why would you want to donate your testosterone packed blood to someone who is obviously not going to be on steroids. Unless I’m missing something physiologically. [/quote]
It’s not exactly like this but assume a 210 lb guy has about 11 pints of blood you are losing 1/11 of what is in your bloodstream at the time. Not that I haven’t thought about it, donate on one day, then pin the next day. Truthfully it doesn’t even make me tired.

I have a private nurse bring home the vacuumed tubes and a blood bag. I dump about 400 ml every 3 months and feel like a million bucks after.
I was banned from giving blood because I have been to Dominican Republic in the last year. Didn’t even get the AAS or needle questions… I was totally pissed. Malaryia come on!