Correcting the Biology Teacher!

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

Meat is forever :wink:

Bushy[/quote]

Yeah baby!

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
you want to hear about my Algebra professor? [/quote]

Algebra… Professor…

Just wanted to see if anyone else caught that.

[quote]Otep wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
you want to hear about my Algebra professor?

Algebra… Professor…

Just wanted to see if anyone else caught that.[/quote]

I was about to post a response until I got to the end and saw your post. I assume he’s in community college and doing some very basic coursework, or something.

Now, he could be talking about linear algebra, but… you know, I kind of doubt it.

My biology teacher was a former Rugby Union player (who was in the Australian team when they last won the world cup). So little silly stuff like that.

i cant say anything to my Bio teacher, shes a fucking lunatic cunt. she took 2 points off my final grade and threatened to kick me out for the rest of the semester because we were disecting pigs and they come in a packaging with some kind of preservative juice in them and everyone flushed it, then she got mad about it and im like, well you could have told us.

then this clown is talking about adipose tissue and we were looking at slides at it and shes like well if you go to a doctor and he does a sample and finds a lot of this hell tell you to exercise more or you may be in serious danger. then i say, well you wouldnt need to run some kind of test, its pretty easy to see just by looking at them. then she gets into an argument with me that someone could be fat [u](im assuming like morbidly fat cause thats what she seemed to be talking about)[/u] and you couldnt even tell without some rediculous procedure. so she points to this tiny asian girl next to me and starts using her as an example, like can you tell if shes fat or not? im like well its pretty obvious shes not in danger of dying and she started arguing that since her face isnt sucked in or w/e that she could be somehow hiding tons of blubber…my god i fucking hate her. [/quote]

I hate to break it to you, but your teacher is right. Not about being obese (like you assumed), but about having excessive fat around the organs. Yes, a normal-looking person can have excessive visceral fat, and it can cause health complications. Your teacher probably told everyone in the teachers lounge about the idiot student that made a complete fool of himself in class.

Congrats.

i think it was my first time going to that algebra class and i was late by a couple minutes, like 2. and she made a big deal about it, made a big deal about anyone who would come in late, compeltely taking away from the lecture. the school fucking sucks, theres a few good teachers but theres also a ton of rediculously shitty ones, community college blows.[/quote]

oh snap!

I assumed you were in high school from your attitude.

You’re lucky that you were let into the class late at all. If it were my class, you would have found the door locked (although you’d probably just get a warning on the first day).

thank god im not in canada

algebra professor, yea? wtf i dropped out of 9th grade got my GED and went to Community College, im not good at math sorry bruh.

and to the other guy, if she was talking about organ tissue why would she make the example using the student next to me’s cheeks? last time i checked cheeks werent an internal organ but ok-k-k. shes an idiot, straight up and down, she also used an example prior to that saying that oh if the doctor says you too much fat on spots x,y,z youll have to exercise parts x,y,z more often (stating you could spot reduce fat stores). i didnt bother to correct her on that bit of misinformation but when she made the comment about needing a tissue sample to determine bodyfat (yes we were talking about BODY fat) i couldnt hold back.

thank god im not in canada [/quote]

Yup, up here if you’re late you get locked outside with the polar bears…and they’re hungary this year.

As for correcting a prof…touchy subject from my experience, it’s really individual.

If they are an idiot, you won’t change their mind and you may get penalized later.

If the prof is more receptive, I’ve found it best to take in a reference and phrase it as a question. Research on your part shows initiative and an interest in the subject matter.

i dropped out of 9th grade[/quote]

And suddenly a lot of things started to make sense…

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i dropped out of 9th grade

And suddenly a lot of things started to make sense…[/quote]

Give the guy a break, he’s back in school.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i dropped out of 9th grade

And suddenly a lot of things started to make sense…[/quote]

haters everywhere we go

haters everywhere we go

i think youre a haaaaaaater

i think youre a haaaaaaaaaater

[quote]Dweezil wrote:
Otep wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
you want to hear about my Algebra professor?

Algebra… Professor…

Just wanted to see if anyone else caught that.

I was about to post a response until I got to the end and saw your post. I assume he’s in community college and doing some very basic coursework, or something.

Now, he could be talking about linear algebra, but… you know, I kind of doubt it.[/quote]

its actually biology 253, at university of portland