Correct Usage of Surge?

I have used Surge for a few days now and was wondering if I might be using it wrong.

First off, a little background:
two weeks ago today, I decided to actually get down to business and gain weight, so far with just eating and lifting as heavy as I can, I have gained 12 lbs.(mostly water weight from what you all tell me on here), anyhow it’s the heaviest I have ever been, and I am happy to know that it’s actually easy for me to gain weight(at least so far)!!!

Now about Surge, I cannot stand the taste of it, I hate angel food cake, just the smell makes me nausious.

So the way I have been taking it is I mix 1 scoop with as little water as possible and take that to the gym with me, I will usually take a swallow from this, then go get a few drinks from the water fountain, by the end of the workout I figure that I have taken in more than a liter of water - and the same thing with the 1 scoop right after the workout, I just swallow it as quickly as possible and then fill my nalgene with water and gulp that down directly after…

do you think this is fine, my main concern is that I want to get the full effect of the Surge,
Thanks in advance for your input and help,

I think one of the experts will verify this or correct me if I am wrong, but in my view to get the desired insulin response taking it down the gullet in one fell swoop would be desired. By taking little bits spaced out over time, I would think you are blunting the full effect of what Surge is designed for.

Also, you are one of the rare individuals who doesn’t like Surge. In that case as I said yesterday on another thread suck it up a little bit. If Surge is going to help you get bigger muscles and stronger endure a little discomfort and swig it down.

Good luck,

D

Hmmm… let’s see…

Mixing Instructions: Pour the desired number of level scoops into cold water and either stir or shake. After mixing, to reduce foaming, refrigerate and allow to sit for five minutes (or longer) prior to drinking.

Recommended Use: Consume immediately after training on an empty stomach. Based on bodyweight (see chart below):
Bodyweight Amount Water
< 200 lb 3 level scoops (93 g) 16 oz

200 lb 4 level scoops (124 g) 20 oz

For Gaining Muscle: If your goal is to gain muscle, one to two hours after consuming the drink, eat a meal consisting of 67% carbohydrates and 33% proteins.

I don’t see anything in there about one scoop… or water fountains… or mid workout. All you really have to do is follow the directions on the tub.

If the taste bugs you, chill your water ahead of time. This has worked for me in the past. The colder it is, the less you taste it.

I happen to love the taste of Surge after a long workout.

okay, i got you…but I thought that I read that you were supposed to take 1 scoop of Surge during your workout and the other scoop directly after finishing your workout,

as far as gulping it down, that doesn’t concern me much, what my concern was if I take the surge with about 6 ounces of water, then follow that up with the liter of water required, is that sufficient?

Try the opposite of what you are doing…water it down more. Try mixing one scoop with about 16-20oz of water. Drink one of these during your workout and one after. I’m using the old Surge. You may need two scoops of the new.

I have a feeling the taste will grow on you! This is usually the case with people that claim they don’t like it at first. I was one of them. :wink:

anyways,
the above answered my questions, guess I got lost on someones spoof of how to take Surge or something, swear I read that somewhere???
oh well…
thanks for the input,

I hated Surge when I first tried it. By the end of my first container I was 50-50 on it. By the end of my second container I loved it. Now it’s like crack and I become a danger to society when I run low. Suck it up… or you can just mainline it.

[quote]jsteele wrote:
okay, i got you…but I thought that I read that you were supposed to take 1 scoop of Surge during your workout and the other scoop directly after finishing your workout,

as far as gulping it down, that doesn’t concern me much, what my concern was if I take the surge with about 6 ounces of water, then follow that up with the liter of water required, is that sufficient?[/quote]

You can take one scoop during and one after. I do this and I believe a large amount of others do as well.

To be more specific you can drink half your serving during your workout and half after. You can drink the whole serving after if you like. It was actually Dr John Berardi that suggested sipping half your serving during your workout. He helped make the product.

[quote]jsteele wrote:
anyways,
the above answered my questions, guess I got lost on someones spoof of how to take Surge or something, swear I read that somewhere???
oh well…
thanks for the input, [/quote]

I read that somewhere too, and I believe it was from either Barr, CW, or JB???

[quote]etaco wrote:
I hated Surge when I first tried it. By the end of my first container I was 50-50 on it. By the end of my second container I loved it. Now it’s like crack and I become a danger to society when I run low. Suck it up… or you can just mainline it.[/quote]

This is exactly how I felt about Surge, and how I feel when I run out.