Correct Form for Snatch-Grip Deadlifts

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
What kind of success have you guys had with them?[/quote]

I have successfully hurt my fingers and wrists.

I’ll probably do this at some point, but I’m not looking forward to it.

Today I did my 4th workout with them (following one of Alwyn’s routines at the moment). I don’t know that I’m progressing with them, although I am finding them progressively easier. Problem is, Alwyn prescribes high reps, and I hate high rep deadlifts.

My deads always go down when I stop doing them, but they don’t disappear completely. When I’m done with Alwyn’s routine in a week or so I’ll check where my dead’s at and report back.

[quote]Miserere wrote:

My deads always go down when I stop doing them, but they don’t disappear completely. When I’m done with Alwyn’s routine in a week or so I’ll check where my dead’s at and report back.

[/quote]

Cool. I look forward to seeing the results.

I use olympic lifting on my deload weeks.

I use snatch grip pulls and find them to be a nice change.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Cool. I look forward to seeing the results.[/quote]

They’re in, and they’re not pretty.

My heaviest deadlift was at the end of a 5x5 12-week cycle last November: 360x5.

Today I put 365 on the bar and (after warming up with some lighter sets) just about managed to pull it once. I went to a corner to cry for a few minutes, regained my composure, then went back to the bar and managed a double. Quite pathetic.

Some things to bear in mind: Back in November I was 198-200 lbs and eating lots of carbs. Right now I weigh in at 184 lbs and have been low carbing for about 2 months; I was also feeling rather shit today, but wanted to deadlift anyway.

Verdict: I think I’ll reserve the snatch grip for snatch pulls or actual snatches from now on.