Coronavirus - What Happened?

You can’t disconnect the fervor from the public health measures. And yes, it is pretty much the sniffles for most people at this point.

Kids need to get back to school, businesses need to get back to business and people who are at severe risk need to take whatever measures they find most appropriate. At least where I live.

We are, quite literally, self-flagellating ourselves as a society right now. We are inflicting harm, especially on children, in no small part so people can perform self-congratulatory performance art under the now very broad banner of public health.

Again, strawman arguements

Public health measures work, but they’re a band aid used to reach the point where the medical community gets a handle on the new disease on the block.

We’ve reached that point for months now. When the new and improved variant was named “OMICRON” (a cartoon term) instead of Omega (a neutral “science” term), I went on record stating that now, “they” are just trying to scare people, and the pandemic is downhill from here.

Everybody wants to think that they’re overcoming “danger” or that they’re in a “war” (listen to that c**t Harris compare Jan 6 to Pearl Harbor and 9/11), because hey, most people shit in their pants when something like that happens to them. But with 'da COVID, wearing a mask outdoors 24/7 means you’re a hero. Easy peasy.

2 Likes

You are from Maine, correct? These are Google mobility numbers for your State. You can’t force people to return to work with top-down edicts while the pandemic is not under control.

I concur. Once you have a more sophisticated tool at your disposal, you don’t have the use the hatchet that is ordering people to stay at home. You’ve got vaccines and FPP2 masks for indoor public places and with these mild inconveniences you can carry on as normal.

But apparently a sizeable minority (still a minority) of people oppose this because they’ve been brainwashed into believing that it’s another chapter in the culture war. They’re praying on ignorance (“experimental medical procedure”) and fake bravado for people with fragile senses of self worth (“it’s just the sniffles”)

Add to that a formidable ecosystem of grifters that are using social media platforms to run profitable scams for gullible idiots and you’ve got a toxic problem.

Look at the Greek alphabet, Omega is at the end. They skipped the letters between Lambda and Omicron in order not to piss off Winnie the Pooh.

2 Likes

Brainwashed? Or, they see actual videos of people like Gavin Newsom, Nancy Pelosi, Obama (birthday bash). And now today, POSs like AOC and Swalwell vacationing in a “death state” like Florida, because guess why?

1 Like

The harsh truth is, if one had the means to access top notch medical care, stat, the danger of death from 'da covid lasted about a New York minute. Exaggeration? Maybe. But not when you watch how “they” act, and not what “they” say.

Joe Rogan shared a post on Instagram: "Yellow Journalism 
#fakenews". Follow their account to see 6587 posts.

No. I live in Maine. I’m not from Maine. I can never be a Mainer. I’m from away. I’m a Hoosier, which no Mainer can ever be.

You’re not from here, but you’re ready to inform me that things are out of control. Well, I live here, and they’re not. If your measure of getting things under control involves unrealistic metrics or silly demands from my neighbors, well, your measure is worthless here.

Call me brainwashed then. We seem to be in the midst of a particularly eventful chapter of the culture war.

What do I know though? I only live here.

2 Likes

I thought it was “Mainiac?”

No that was the mascot of a Quebec Major Junior Hockey League team we had for a few years. My kid, who is a Mainer, was a Jr. Maineac for his first few years of hockey before the league folded its only American team.

It was really great hockey to watch for cheap. Many NHL all-time greats played in that league.

1 Like

They do? Why is everybody getting sick then? And why is it in the areas with the worst measures? Maybe public health measures work, but these measures sure as hell don’t.

Yes. It’s voluntary. Besides the fact that this is the worst of false equivocations. Why do you care what other people do? This is what blows my mind. Especially if you believe the vaccines and masks work. If you believe that, you surely must feel protected and can go about your day strapped in a fucking gag and not worry about Joe the Plumber, who doesn’t want that shit and doesn’t give a fuck what you think about it.

Not we, they. I am not for any of this shit. One week in to ‘two weeks to flatten the curve’ I was over it. I’d rather die from covid than live in fear of it. The fact of the matter is while it is bad, it’s not as bad as first thought. It was purported to be between 2 to 5% death rate at the beginning. And even early on, it was clear that was not happening.
Not to mention the numbers getting highly inflated due to the actions of Cuomo and Witmer who put, not just old people, but people of all ages in to nursing homes with the most vulnerable. This is despite having the Mercy and the Javid Center pretty much completely empty. Those people are murderers.

Cut him some slack, he doesn’t have real facts, it’s all he’s got. Bloviation and double talk.

You weren’t supposed to notice that the very people enforcing mandates on the poorest and least resourced in the state don’t believe a word of what they preach for the ‘others’.

But, but Google! Google said it was out of control? And when has big tech been ever known to lie? I mean, except for all the time.

No one is profiting.

From the Washington Post, so youse can’t claim Far Right Bias:

2 Likes

Here’s the Far Right Bias perspective:

Conclusion: Justice Sotomayor caught 'da Covid, and has come through on the other side ADDLED. Be careful out there!!!

Bourla said third shots are providing good protection against death, and “decent” protection against hospitalization.

The symptoms are that of a cold, most have reported a mild cold. Rubbing dirt on your face would be just as good against death.

Everyone in my family had gotten it including myself, no issues. I had a nagging headache for 2 days.

When will people wake up?

If there was no test for omicron what would individuals response have been? What would have been the news coverage a few years ago?

It would simply be called a bad cold season. This is getting ridiculous.

They are going to want vaccinations for everything.

This would have been hilarious, if she wasn’t a SCOTUS judge. She’s making life altering, country changing decisions and she’s so dumb on verifiable, very accessible data. That is a little scary, considering what she said has never been the case at any moment during the pandemic.
And with the admission of the NY governor and the CDC, finally looking to make the distinction between “with covid” and “from covid”, it makes what Sotomayor even more alarming. That she would subvert the constitution due to a state of emergency granted on false pretenses is frightening.

Emergency powers are addictive. These psychos like to order by decree. That whole legislative process is so tedious. I honestly don’t even know what SCOTUS is even hearing in regards to mandates. They are supposed to rule on law and mandates are not a law and never have been.
I really hope we get a sane congress that will curb emergency powers and reel them in severely. Something like, congress has to approve emergency powers and have to re-vote every 90 days to extend or remove those powers. Right now, they are just indefinite and that cannot be. People can make an emergency declaration on anything.

Holy shit… I just brought one of these for six bucks… why is it so expensive?

Currently have 6 people in my household with Covid. Wife and I have been feeling crappy for about a week (achy, cough, fever, headache) but definitely improving. The 19-year-old had a couple of bad days but bounced back. 11-year-olds and 9-year-old ran a fever for a couple of hours, were a little run down for a day, and then were perfectly fine. I know people who had prior versions and I know we are lucky. I couldn’t deal with six of us being really sick at the same time.