T Nation

Coronavirus - What Happened?

Pheww! I think we are now square.

One issue this article mentions is that Canada is less enthusiastic about waiving patents protections and is more into distribution and transferring technology.

1 Like

Sorry to derail this (Chris hasn’t posted in PWI in a while anyway) thread, but I have a supply of Creatine monohydrate. The instructions say to take 5g preworkout, 5g post, and a customer service person said it isn’t useful on off days.

is this the latest nutrition science?

Eh. I’d just take it daily anyway. It’s dirt cheap these days. I do like 5 g pre workout and 5 post though.

Stunning admissions:

Chan said there had been trepidation among some scientists about publicly discussing the lab leak hypothesis for fear that their words could be misconstrued or used to support racist

“At the time, it was scarier to be associated with Trump and to become a tool for racists, so people didn’t want to publicly call for an investigation into lab origins,” she said.

What scientific opinions were held back or even outright misrepresented because of Wokeism or because it aligns too closely to something the Orange Man said?

1 Like

I want to cry…Fucking Delta variant…

It feels like that every time we seem to make progress, something/some politician screws us over

I can’t stand this any more

2 Likes

Told y’all that’s not something people wanna take lightly in the other thread.

On a separate note, China’s only allowing people who’ve used their vaccine in. I’m going to have to get vaccinated with TWO VACCINES since I’ve already gotten the Pfizer one.

My doc says it’s fine.

2 Likes

If you guys wanna keep tabs on the Delta variant, read the news from the UK and Singapore. The UK has been doing a couple of new studies pertaining to this while Singapore has been dna sequencing every single case and reporting those that stemmed from it along with the vaccination status of most of the afflicted.

It seems like the focus in the UK (keeping in mind they also have the Kent variant) now is whether the vaccines keep people from getting sick enough to be hospitalized. Not a good sign.

1 Like

The research seems to suggest that 2 doses +14 day wait for pfizer and moderna = good, 2 doses of astrazenica +21 day wait = good, 1 dose = only 33% protection, and no data on J&J

Yup, that’s what I read too. I think there’s a new study from Scotland but I can’t remember the details because I didn’t have time to read it properly.

Also:

Apparently 1/3 of reported* cases were fully vaccinated with either the China one or AstraZeneca:

*Which simply means the vaccines could be either more or less efficient(although logically, it leans more towards the latter) in preventing catching it and becoming asymptomatic so it’s still premature to really judge their true efficacy based on this unless they’re actually doing widescale active testing of the population.

With regards to the China vaccine, seriously, FUCK the CCP for their politics. Don’t play with your own citizens’ lives and livelihoods and propaganda the shit out of it if you have a product that you’re still not really sure of.

I know we’ve marvelled at their efficiency when it comes to rapid testing and lockdowns, but doing this ALSO causes major disruptions in economic activity and people’s jobs and livelihoods. And this isn’t even taking into account the potential danger to vulnerable individuals in the event that they fail to contain a real, major outbreak.

2 Likes

Australia’s excuse for keeping borders shut indefinitely. The premiere of Victoria is trying to introduce permenant “state of disaster” pandemic legislature so he can snap lockdown and give police unprecedented power at the drop of a hat. Very concerning… This coupled with the producer of friendlyjordies arrest has me legitimately worried about the potential erosion of democracy in our country. If he is trialled and found guilty it’ll set a new precedent and serve as a huge blow to freedom of press/speech. Say what you will about friendlyjordies political beliefs, this doesn’t warrant what happened… Particularly considering the producers arrest was conducted through a counterterrorism unit, absolutely absurd.

Vaccines appear to protect against the delta variant, to state you can’t open up because of the delta variant is bullshit… Mass vaccinations… Hurry up dammit…

Granted Aus just shot itself in the foot again by semi restricting astrazenica to only those above 60. The fear mongering about astrazenica over here is absolutely unreal. Polarised media narratives and politicisation has people thinking AZ is some kind of big bad wolf when the reality is there has been two deaths out of around five million dosages administered in Aus.

We need a vaccination campaign, or at the very least incentives to get the jab. Why aren’t vaccinated people exempt from domestic restrictions? Why do fully vaccinated people face jail time for leaving the country without the government’s approval (hard to get)?

Actually, it does makes sense. Go look at the language the UK news and politicians are using now. Read between the lines. They’re not even talking about vaccines preventing people from being infected, but rather, the severity of symptoms and number of hospitalizations the vaccines are preventing.

You can expect even more restrictions if this variant becomes widespread there and you don’t have the manpower to mass test the population and isolate carriers.

1 Like

Vaccines significantly reduce covid 19 severity, hospitalisations and mortality rate. Get 80% of the population in the UK fully vaccinated and perhaps the hyper infectious nature of the delta strain wouldn’t be so worry some.

1 Like

I’m not disagreeing with that. What is the vaccination rate of your country lol? You won’t be able to keep up with how fast this variant can spread. Then it’s back to lockdowns and even more State powers.

My point is when bad shit is happening, sometimes you gotta understand and accept it could be a lot worse so you don’t go nuts.

Something like 2% fully vaccinated…

1 Like

I believe it’s over 3% but that was a rhetorical question lol. But you get my point, right?

Here are some figures from Singapore.

For the month of May:

On May 4, MOH said in a press release that there were seven local cases infected with the Delta variant in Singapore. Last month, Singapore saw a total of 906 Covid-19 cases, of which 524 were local community infections.

Which means that 81% of all local cases in that month were from the Delta variant alone. And Singapore finds them because they have both widescale and targeted testing, which has also limited the spread considerably.

Other countries had better fucking not let their guard down. This is how easily transmissible the fucker is.