Coronavirus - What Happened?

This is extremely insightfulf from a former Eurocrat:

The CCP were smart enough to realize that the virus spreading unchecked would inflict a stress event of unknown magnitude on both the economy and society with unforeseen domino effects, hence the draconian response.

1 Like

You’ll all be glad to know that Ireland has opted to neither pursue herd immunity nor a zero Covid policy. It appears they’ve opted for the stop, start, dither model which everyone loves.

Edit: we had 300 active cases and decided rather than going to zero, to go to 24000 so we could keep the Spanish tourists coming in.

I’m going to join Antifa for the exercise. Goddamn am I mutinously angry.

2 Likes

Well, a core difference between China and the West is that we have designed government changeover every few years, so most of our politicians are incapable of seeing something like this as a national security threat to power given that their “team” might be out of office by then. They spend the rest of the time thinking of ways to spin the episode to their team’s advantage. Or, in the case that they are still in power, that the other side would have done worse.

The CCP has no such illusion, as any threat to power is a threat to themselves directly.

Not that I necessarily disagree with the author’s thesis.

Edit: spelling

Unbelievable. Something tells me that once the devil is inside the walls it’s going to cause more carnage…

2 Likes

A sentiment I share. We had a shot, we blew it, and now we all suffer for longer, and cost ourselves more blood and treasure.

Back to push-ups in my living room, I guess.

2 Likes

I will be the Meathead Moses.

2 Likes

Not much has changed during centuries. What is now a LIBERATE MICHIGAN tweet was once a riot during an actual plague outbreak (but have they looked at excess mortality trends? maybe it wasn’t so bad).

1 Like

Keep looking for kettlebells. Or heck, if you can find it Rogue has handles you can attach to dumbbells to turn them into kettle bells for swings and such.

What sized bell should I get? I never use these things :joy:

Go buy yourself a wheel barrow and you will have an old school 'kettle bell".
Variable weight too.

2 Likes

I have a wheelbarrow with a flat tire … it doubles as a sled and plow

Wait… your’s has a wheel?

3 Likes

Advancements in COVID testing:

1 Like

Anything over 45 lb. Depends on how strong your overhead press is. Honestly at this point… anything you can find lol. I just got a couple bumper plates and it took me 6 months to find them and be able to order.

If you already have dumbbells then you can just get the handles (I forget what they’re called) and attach them if you need.

And treco’s wheelbarrow suggestion is good for makeshift farmer carries… although I wouldn’t want to give the Mrs any ideas for a “honey do” list.

1 Like

Lots of stuff on my local craigslist now for weights / bars etc.

1 Like

You can hinge like a machine with a wheel barrow.
And propably safer with the weighted dynamic part removed on the tail of the eccentric stage.

Of course, l’m as old as you and @Legalsteel put together, so l consider my joints.
Still out work you two though… winkedy wink.

2 Likes

The only thing that matters is that you’re still putting in work!

Opted for a 70lb in the end. The Mrs got a 35 pound one.

1 Like

‘How many sets you doing?
One more than you.’

1 Like

My 87 year old father still running 100 cows, refuses help. Just got him to to quit push mow his yard tthis season.

Still thinks he can bring it. And he probably can - mean old fart.

2 Likes