Corn Syrup, Not High Fructose?

I know very well to stay away from HFCS, but what about regular ol’ corn syrup? I was considering having some A1, but I saw that corn syrup was in it, and I have no idea what to make of it. Is it something I should take seriously and stay away from or is it fine to eat?

Tried doing some research, but as was predicted, anything with the words ‘corn’ and ‘syrup’ also had ‘high-fructose’ tacked onto the front.

Thanks.

Corn syrup is basically pure glucose, HFCS is a enzyme modified version of corn syrup where the glucose is converted into fructose.

In small quantities Corn syrup will not be a detriment to your diet or blood sugar levels, just don’t drink a bottle of A1 with every meal and you should be ok. The same can not be said for HFCS products, even small quantities of it cause your insulin levels to spike which can cause metabolic problems.

Thanks, Nanan. I think I’ll start treating myself to some steak sauce!

For God’s sake just learn how to cook a steak. The cow was nice enough to die for your meal, don’t defile it afterword.

[quote]supabeast wrote:
For God’s sake just learn how to cook a steak. The cow was nice enough to die for your meal, don’t defile it afterword.[/quote]

Well, it’s tri-tip and I’m too damn lazy to bother with anything but tossing it in the oven. After it’s been in the fridge for a while it makes me a little bit sick to eat naked =P

[quote]Nanan wrote:
The same can not be said for HFCS products, even small quantities of it cause your insulin levels to spike which can cause metabolic problems.[/quote]

I would love to see some references for this statement. You know, just to show that you didn’t pull it out of your ass or anything.

[quote]Dr. FruitPie wrote:
supabeast wrote:
For God’s sake just learn how to cook a steak. The cow was nice enough to die for your meal, don’t defile it afterword.

Well, it’s tri-tip and I’m too damn lazy to bother with anything but tossing it in the oven. After it’s been in the fridge for a while it makes me a little bit sick to eat naked =P[/quote]

Try this instead of Steak Sauce.

Chimichurri

1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
1 clove garlic
2 minced shallots
1 teaspoon minced basil, thyme or oregano, or mixture
1 teaspoon paprika/red chili flakes
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and let it sit for at least 2 hours.
Dollop over steak and enjoy.

[quote]Evil1 wrote:
Try this instead of Steak Sauce.

Chimichurri

1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
1 clove garlic
2 minced shallots
1 teaspoon minced basil, thyme or oregano, or mixture
1 teaspoon paprika/red chili flakes
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and let it sit for at least 2 hours.
Dollop over steak and enjoy.
[/quote]

Wow, that sounds great. Thanks. About how long would you say that’d keep?