T Nation

Cori's APA Northwest RAW Championship Video

I’m pretty proud of Cori’s performance for a first time lifter. She was nervous as hell, but got over it and now is totally hooked on competing and training.

yei for raw :)!!!

That’s so great! Please pass on congratulations. It’s so difficult to get up there and compete. She must be on top of the world.

Curious about her bench. She’s got a nice arch but it looks like her feet aren’t flat on the floor. Is that permitted in your lifting federation or is that the camera angle?

[quote]
Curious about her bench. She’s got a nice arch but it looks like her feet aren’t flat on the floor. Is that permitted in your lifting federation or is that the camera angle?[/quote]

They only mandate that “some” part of your feet have to be on the floor. So we arch as much as possible and then stay on our toes. On the third attempt she brought the bar down way too fast and way too high on her chest. So she was in a very poor position to initiate the press.

She is on cloud nine still about the meet!

well done Cori!

Yeah, congrats! It’s very impressive to see someone put themselves out there and do a meet, especially someone who’s still new to lifting.

It’s interesting to me how the rules are so different from one lifting federation to another. Some are neurotically strict while others are very lenient. It’s hard for me to arch really well with my feet flat, but that’s what USAPL requires.

Cori should start a thread here. I especially love chit-chatting with other powerlifters who compete.

I’ve been trying to talk her into starting a thread, but she keeps saying she is too busy. She is in the nursing program at Chico State and a mother of three, so she is pretty extended and stretched for time.

congrats!

is she pulling double over hand? its hard to tell…

Wow she did awesome! Tell her to post a log.