CoreBen's Log

Thanks Rico. Heres todays exercise and about to drink some more milk.

-160- 3x5 Squat
-70- 3x5 Standing Military
-105- 3x5 Rows
2X Chinups to failure

-165- 3x5 Squat
-130- 3x5 Bench Press
-135- 1x5 Deadlift

Been thinking about getting some supplements besides protein. About to order Surge and mono creatine because I just got some extra money. Looked at different supplements and it seems like the ones I want to invest in. Let me know if its a bad decision but I feel they are rather basic supplements.

Well I couldnt resist the itch of weighing myself and its been two weeks on the Starting Strength program. I initially stated I weighed 145 but I actually weighed less than that and clocked in at 140.8. Last night I weighed myself again and it was 150.6!

A huge milestone for me even though Im still skinny but personal goals are personal goals. Im still trying to get 165 by Sept. which is my concrete goal.

I also have a friend that wants to lose 30 lbs by that time and I wanted to make a bet so we could have some friendly competition on achieving our weightloss/weightgain goals. Anyone have some suggestions that arent completely over the top because thats all I can come up with at the moment.

First off - congratulations on reaching that first goal. While it is important to keep your eye on the 165, making your intermediate goals help keep you motivated.

Also, be warned, by the time you reach 165 your goal will be 185 and by the time you reach 185 you will want to be 200! At least this is the way things have gone for me. But the important thing is you will learn to enjoy the journey - keep it up and way to go.

Thanks Slaz. Yeah Im already catching myself thinking ahead past 165 but I need to reach 165 first. I ordered Creatine and Surge yesterday from the site and cant wait to get them. Im thinking about applying to the physique clinic because I couldnt imagine my gains with expert help when Im doing so well at the moment.

Well here is my workout today. I can feel the squats quickly growing in intensity because this is the first time Ive ever squatted this much even though its not that heavy in comparison to others. I love standing military presses. Its by far my favorite exercise. I also like rows but should I learn to power clean too so that I have some variation?

-170- 3x5 Squat
-75- 3x5 Standing Military
-110- 3x5 Rows
2X Chinups to failure

-175- 3x5 Squat
-135- 3x5 Bench Press
-140- 1x5 Deadlift

Good workout. Went deep on squats and on the last set felt like Id puke if I did another set.

Yeah completely forgot to post yesterday but here it is:

-180- 3x5 Squat
-80- 3x5 Standing Military
-115- 3x5 Rows
2X Chinups to failure

Im really having the itch of getting into a little more complex routine because getting kinda bored with this simple routine. I know I need to prob stay on it a couple more months to build a solid base but just venting.

The worst part of this process is me having a compulsive need to keep weighing myself. Its not a big deal but I had to promise myself not to weigh myself in two weeks because I would every time I had a chance to.

My legs are building up pretty well compared to what they used to be. Seems like my back is growing the quickest. Should I do any extra chest exercises because it seems like its the slowest growing part on my body.

Well dont take this as excuses but Im in a predicament. Was supposed to workout yesterday and work fucked that up so went today. Im pretty worried about gaining more mass in the next 3 weeks. I need money because of college so Im scheduled a shit load. Gonna be working the next 3 weeks with about 2-3 days off and it is fucking up my eating habits.

Gonna be able to only eat like once per 8-10 hours during work for a while and trying to find some different avenues to take in some calories. Im gonna have to adapt because Im sure a lot of people on this site work around their individual schedules that are harder than mine. Well now that this bitch fest is done here is my workout today.

-185- 3x5 Squat
-140- 3x5 Bench Press
-145- 1x5 Deadlift

Alright trying to get back on track. Starting to get used to working out around work and this is yesterdays workout. Forgot to update. Upped the weights a little more since I missed a workout but Im loving squatting. The heaviest Ive ever squatted and it feels good. I see myself in the future adding alot of weight to it.

-195- 3x5 Squat
-85- 3x5 Standing Military
-125- 3x5 Rows
2X Chinups to failure

Well I’ve been MIA for awhile. During the summer I did a 70 mile hike on one of the hardest legs of the Appalachian Trail in 4 and a half days. It was an awesome experience with a few of my friends we climbed I think the second highest point in trail which is 6,285 feet high. Made two mistakes while doing it and that was not eating enough calories (lost around 5 lbs) and running down declines with my 50 lb pack which ended up hurting my knees for a couple months.

Well for the past couple weeks Im back in the rec. Been eating and working out with alot more intensity. Up to 155 lbs (Most Ive ever weighed which is sad) and numbers are gradually getting better.

Im doing the 5x5 program and here is the weights Im currently at in the program.

Squat: 205 (Slowly progressing but dont know if its hitting my quads enough even though Im going deep)

Deadlifts: 235 (Feel like the sky is the limit on this exercise at this point in time)

Bench: 175 (Kinda down on it because my 1 rep max is over 200 but I have trouble keeping up strength over the 5 sets)

Bent Rows: 155

Standing military: 115

Pullups: 21 BW

Been eating 4 whole meals a day with a gallon of whole milk a day. Well over 3k calories a day. Its starting to feel that Im starting to get heavy enough in the weights and kitchen for my body to start really growing. Mini goal for me is to break the 160 barrier by November. First time in my life being over 150 consistently so Id be ecstatic to reach my meager goal of well into the 160s.

Currently Im on no supplements cause Ive realized I use them as a mental crutch. Im finally starting to realize what it is to eat big in the past three weeks and not think a supplement will make up for this.

Well this is small update for anyone that somewhat remembers my boring starting strength log. Im still here and getting my ass in gear to bulk up.

Got a question on today’s workout I was able to squat 225. Ive heard from people that I should move on to another program when Im able to squat 1.5x my BW. Assuming that this is true, what should I move onto?

Main reason Im asking this that I dont feel completely drained after these workouts. My body feels shocked and tired but it doesnt feel like its enough. Deadlift days kill me but it feels like Im gaining mostly because of my eating and I could put a lot more in the workouts.

Im still progressing and gaining weight so Im happy. Just wondering if I need more volume.

Also my fellow skinny bastuds check out X’s thread. Lately Ive been reading T cell Alpha and I wish I read that way before I lurked for hours in the BBing section.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_alpha/the_150lber