Core Training

[quote]uberswank wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
Planks are a great stabilization exercise, with numerous progressions from just using the body to adding in a stability ball for more difficulty.

I agree. I like to add plates on my back (It’s still a bodyweight exercise, lol) and hold for one minute intervals. Keeping the plates balanced and not fall off adds to the difficulty.[/quote]

Do you work planks all directions or only prone? Get a boat trailer inner tube and fill it with sand. I have a 12 lb and a 25 lb.You can wear it around your waist for planks. Just rotate from one position to the next keeping the body straight. They come in handy for alot of exercises.

TNT

There are basically three movements you can do with your “core”: flexion, rotation, and bending to the side. Here are some decent examples of those:

Flexion: Decline Barbell Situps
Rotation: Russian twists
Side Bends: Weeblewobbles (Think a dumbbell side bend but with weights in both hands, they’re wierd, but to me they feel like they hit more muscle)

[quote]TNT-CDN wrote:

Do you work planks all directions or only prone? Get a boat trailer inner tube and fill it with sand. I have a 12 lb and a 25 lb.You can wear it around your waist for planks. Just rotate from one position to the next keeping the body straight. They come in handy for alot of exercises.

TNT

[/quote]

That a good idea! I have been holding the weights for my side planks.