Core Shorts

I just found this product that seems to be increasing in popularity through the NHL called Coreshorts. I was wondering if anyone had ideas here of if these things work well, or are pointless if you have proper muscle balance etc. I hope T-Nation will put them in thier next “cool stuff” column.

http://www.coretection.com/index1.html

$110? They’re compression shorts with diagonal elastics.

Dude, “CORESHORTSTM set a new industry standard and are a necessary component of any athlete’s equipment.” So fuck you man.

[quote]JNG wrote:
$110? They’re compression shorts with diagonal elastics.[/quote]

It’s still an interesting concept. I agree about the price though.

Those diagonal elastics don’t look like they would be very comfortable on the junk. then again maybe it just offers more core-tection.

whatever happened to plain ole whitey tighties

[quote]Billmelater138 wrote:
Those diagonal elastics don’t look like they would be very comfortable on the junk. then again maybe it just offers more core-tection.

whatever happened to plain ole whitey tighties[/quote]

Or jock straps?

The diagonal elastics are mimicking a common tape job (called a hip spica) used to protect the groin after injury. Usually a hip spica is only done on the side of injury and is done with a large tensor bandage and can be bulky and uncomfortable.

As they say on their website it’s used for prevention and rehab. How effective is it? I think it has the potential to be effective, but I have questions on how much it will restrict a healthy athlete? Does it give enough support and restriction for the injured athlete? How long does it last till its support is diminished to the point of making it ineffective?

Obviously the use of these will not completely, or at all make up for poor conditioning of the muscles surrounding the pelvis. The body is almost always its own best support system.

[quote]Chris L wrote:
The diagonal elastics are mimicking a common tape job (called a hip spica) used to protect the groin after injury. Usually a hip spica is only done on the side of injury and is done with a large tensor bandage and can be bulky and uncomfortable.

As they say on their website it’s used for prevention and rehab. How effective is it? I think it has the potential to be effective, but I have questions on how much it will restrict a healthy athlete? Does it give enough support and restriction for the injured athlete? How long does it last till its support is diminished to the point of making it ineffective?

Obviously the use of these will not completely, or at all make up for poor conditioning of the muscles surrounding the pelvis. The body is almost always its own best support system.[/quote]

I used some of those heavy duty Bioskin compression shorts when I had a groin pull and I hated them. My groin got support but I had to work harder to skate and my back ended up doing more work.

I had heard from a fellow powerlifter that Louie Simmons Highly recommends athletes wearing briefs. any info… I wear them during SQ,DL i could see a looser size giving good hip groin support… cheaper too like 30.00 for some.