T Nation

Cordyceps Sinensis

I’m wondering what some of the super sassy sports nutrition gurus think about Cordyceps Sinensis. I stumbled upon it when i was reading, and researched it a little before finally ordering it to try out.

It seems to be a veritable panacea. It’s an adaptogen that’s actually fungus from caterpillar larvae. Of course, like most strange things, it’s been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine.

It’s been noted to increase physical endurance, stimulate LH by binding to the LH receptors (in turn raising testosterone levels), decrease levels of LDL cholesterol, improve bood pressure… increase nitric oxide, improved insulin sensitivity, immunomodulatory effects blah blah blah blah blah… like I said, apparently it’s a wonderdrug.

Worst taste ever… ever.

Hey, there, bry151!

First, re the bad taste, go ahead and encapsulate the powder. Try something like this http://www.herbalremedies.com/capcapfilmac.html?source=google&engine=adwords!32&keyword=(capsule+filler+machines)&match_type= It’s a pretty cheap solution, and you can save money by buying your supps in bulk/powder and capping them yourself, 50 capsules at a time.

Re how good/effective cordyceps is, since we’re all biochemically individual/unique, you’re going to have to test it and see how your body responds. When it comes to evaluating a supp, make sure you’re taking the dose that was used in clinical trials (if there are any) and have an idea of how long it should be taken to see benefits/effects.

Thanks Terry, that’s a quality site.