Cordyceps and Other Mushroom Supplements

Hi CT,

I was curious of any effects related to the use of medicinal mushrooms and training, and I figured you might know this as well as anyone. I started a regimen of the following:
Cordyceps, Reishi, and Lion’s Mane. I buy them as powder extracts from a company with third party testing so I can verify their potency.

I am taking them for other reasons than training (nerve growth factor for LM’s, overall immunity, and gut health being the main three reasons), but I wanted to know if you have any experience with these or with your athletes using them. It’s been only three weeks for my with daily use, and I have had positive results but I understand that effects become more pronounced after longer periods. I have read studies where cordyceps in particular improves oxygen utilization during workouts, but I don’t know if these or the others may have other benefits (related to cortisol, metabolism, etc…) that I’m unaware of.

Thanks for any info.

There’s some information on Cordyceps on Thibarmy. Not the other two as far as I can tell.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, despite my use of cordyceps for years (and me really liking the product) and my nutrition guy swearing by Lion’s mane, I don’t have much more info to provide than what you mentioned as it is not one of my main areas of interest and expertise.

Sorry if I can’t be more helpful.

1 Like