Coping with Anxiety

Why are you so anxious and worried?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Why are you so anxious and worried? [/quote]

For a lot of people, there’s no source. You just feel that way, even though there’s nothing wrong with you or with what’s going on.

Medication is something to respect and be cautious of but it can make a huge difference and change your life. Be warry of benzodiazepines like Xanax or Klonopin. They will take away your anxiety and make you feel much better, but you will become addicted very quickly and the ups and downs of long-term use can be rough.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Why are you so anxious and worried? [/quote]

Wow, it took this long for someone to actually care about why the op is having problems. Every preceding post was people eager to share their opinions; hearing themselves speaking via internet forum.

For acute anxiety, Xanax is amazing.
I use a relatively small dose (0.5mg) ~ twice a week (it varies), have absolutely no issues with dependence, and I’ve been taking the same dose for years without needing to raise it.

Not saying everyone should just go out and take Xanax, but for me, a large part of my anxiety was being anxious about getting anxious… the times where the anxiety was really bad were actually traumatizing.
Being able to prevent those traumatically anxious times with Xanax went a long way for me.

[quote]zoso764 wrote:
MaximusB wrote:

Wow, it took this long for someone to actually care about why the op is having problems. Every preceding post was people eager to share their opinions; hearing themselves speaking via internet forum. [/quote]

Err…the OP described Generalised Anxiety disorder. He may or may not have, or indeed, be able to identify, any primary triggers or causation at this stage. That is ideally done via a one-one on one assesment with a mental health professional, in perosn. He asked for effective ways to cope, people offered up their opinions and experiences.

Do you actually have anything constructive to say apart from that trite little diktat?

[quote]CopingMechanism wrote:
zoso764 wrote:
MaximusB wrote:

Wow, it took this long for someone to actually care about why the op is having problems. Every preceding post was people eager to share their opinions; hearing themselves speaking via internet forum.

Err…the OP described Generalised Anxiety disorder. He may or may not have, or indeed, be able to identify, any primary triggers or causation at this stage. That is ideally done via a one-one on one assesment with a mental health professional, in perosn. He asked for effective ways to cope, people offered up their opinions and experiences.

Do you actually have anything constructive to say apart from that trite little diktat?[/quote]

Exactly… that’s why I didn’t say anything. Like I said, for some folks, there’s no source, but for some people there is one, and perhaps that’s a private matter to the OP. Either way, it’s a medical issue that is embarrassing for some.

I’m amazed how many people here have had experience with anxiety. I wonder if this is the case across the general population board or lifters are more likely to become anxiety prone OR anxiety prone people are more likely to lift?

Yes I agree with Xab some times you feel bad for no apparent reason. Other times you can determine a factor.

[quote]CopingMechanism wrote:
zoso764 wrote:
MaximusB wrote:

Do you actually have anything constructive to say apart from that trite little diktat?[/quote]

Zoso only posted that useless bit because HE wanted to hear himself speak via the internet.