Cop Shatters Car Window...

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]b89 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I have to go with it is the war on drugs :slight_smile: When they hire cops today , they need them to do as they are told , not use common sense. Other wise common sense would have told the cop that he could charm this young lady , she was clearly non threatening [/quote]

My common sense would tell me that I don’t want to get my arm rolled up in the window of some lady’s car so I’d prefer it if she rolled her window down so I can give her the citation. [/quote]

my common senses tells me I could pull the window out if she tries that , and she showed him she would stick her arms out .

This girl did not handle it right but what it shows is this cop is not good at dealing with the public and that should be prerequisite
[/quote]

OK, what if she gets it and refuses to sign it? Let’s say your arm does get rolled up in the window and you’re trying to pull the window out, what if she bites you or tries to injure you?

[quote]Karado wrote:
Picture this scenario
Would a Black Female Officer insist she roll down the window all the way as well?
I think not
no way, and I’m pretty fuckin’ confident of that.[/quote]

Are you insinuating he wanted a better view down her shirt, or up her skirt, or just that a female officer wouldn’t care and would work with whatever circumstances she was dealt by the person breaking the law (albeit just a traffic violation)?

[quote]b89 wrote:
OK, what if she gets it and refuses to sign it? Let’s say your arm does get rolled up in the window and you’re trying to pull the window out, what if she bites you or tries to injure you?
[/quote]

Then she’s under arrest and you can do what you need to get her out. You don’t skip the whole “give her the opportunity to sign” step though.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Without defending his actions, what possible reason could she have had for not just lowering the window all the way down?[/quote]

he said he would site her for an unsafe vehicle , maybe the window would not go any farther down

[quote]Chushin wrote:
Without defending his actions, what possible reason could she have had for not just lowering the window all the way down?[/quote]

Maybe she got nervous and shit herself a little and was trying to contain the stank. As a result, she only cracked the window enough to do the “business” she expected to do with the cop.

The shattering of the window was a nerve reaction when the lethal “gas” reached his nostrils and was only a reflex.

This is all just a big misunderstanding.

→ King was charged with battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting an officer – one count of resisting with violence, and a second count for resisting without violence.

How am I not surprised

[quote]NickViar wrote:

[quote]b89 wrote:
My common sense would tell me that I don’t want to get my arm rolled up in the window of some lady’s car so I’d prefer it if she rolled her window down so I can give her the citation. [/quote]

You wouldn’t be able to slide the citation through the opening? She could take the summons from you through the opening, sign it, and hand it back through that same opening. You would never even have to put a body part in the opening. The officer sticking his arm in there was tactically stupid. If she refused to take the summons from you, then you could drop it in. If she refuses to sign it, then you have an arrestable offense.[/quote]

Well technically that already somewhat happened, that’s why he told her she’s being detained. I’m not a LEO so I can’t say what he’s to do. Does he have to physically transfer possession of that clipboard to the woman? I’ve no idea. However, he asked her to roll it down completely so he could hand it to her and then she refused and ultimately rolled her window up. It isn’t unreasonable to worry about your personal safety when transferring something to someone.

I can see an objection to him viewing her actions as a refusal to sign the citation but even after she rolled her window back down she questioned why she’s even pulled over and what she’s receiving a citation for even though it’s explained to her already.

The officer was clearly out of line but both are at fault in the way this situation played out. She was combative from the get go and he has an ego that he needs to keep under control.

Do you guys roll your windows down all the way? Cracking the window slightly so you can slide the information in and out is safer for both parties involved. Even with the window all the way down the cop has no business reaching inside your car to hand you anything.

This cop is a piece of shit. He didn’t “handle it poorly,” he’s a scumbag. It wouldn’t have required ninja reflexes to move his hand out of the way when the window started going up. He wanted her to crush his hand so he could hulk smash her window. The fact that this lady is supposedly being charged with anything beyond the original ticket is BS and I hope she gets a real pitbull of a lawyer to screw this guy over.

[quote]b89 wrote:
Well technically that already somewhat happened, that’s why he told her she’s being detained. I’m not a LEO so I can’t say what he’s to do. Does he have to physically transfer possession of that clipboard to the woman? I’ve no idea. However, he asked her to roll it down completely so he could hand it to her and then she refused and ultimately rolled her window up. It isn’t unreasonable to worry about your personal safety when transferring something to someone.

I can see an objection to him viewing her actions as a refusal to sign the citation but even after she rolled her window back down she questioned why she’s even pulled over and what she’s receiving a citation for even though it’s explained to her already.

[/quote]

What technically already somewhat happened?

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:
Do you guys roll your windows down all the way? Cracking the window slightly so you can slide the information in and out is safer for both parties involved. Even with the window all the way down the cop has no business reaching inside your car to hand you anything.

This cop is a piece of shit. He didn’t “handle it poorly,” he’s a scumbag. It wouldn’t have required ninja reflexes to move his hand out of the way when the window started going up. He wanted her to crush his hand so he could hulk smash her window. The fact that this lady is supposedly being charged with anything beyond the original ticket is BS and I hope she gets a real pitbull of a lawyer to screw this guy over.

[/quote]

I doubt he’s a scumbag. He was probably just poorly(or expertly, in the eyes of the state) trained. However, you can’t purposefully put yourself at a tactical disadvantage and then claim you were acting in self-defense. E.g. if a driver is trying to exit a parking lot via a wide open exit, you can’t jump in front of his vehicle, then shoot him because you believed he was about to run over you.

If you have to take a car window you ALWAYS take the one as far away as possible from occupants. You never shatter a window on top of an occupant unless there is no other choice. Much less then dragging someone through the glass. It?s funny how firefighters go out of their way to the point of risking their own safety to prevent hurting anyone and cops always seem to do the opposite. Legality and morality aside, this is or at least should be a huge violation of SOPs. It was incredibly stupid and unsafe for both the cops and the woman.

[quote]Quasi-Tech wrote:
Wasn’t there a case some years ago where a cop was dragged alongside a car to the point of death because said driver trapped his arm in the window and door frame? Maybe that’s what the cop was concerned about.

Isn’t is standard operating procedure to wind down your window and place both hands on the steering wheel where the cop can clearly see them?

I can’t even watch the video just going off of what people are saying, so I might be totally off.[/quote]

I don’t know about a police officer but a campus security guard was. With that said, he should have handed the citation through the cracked window. A lot of groups that do those women’s safety meetings around here always tell women to only open their windows a crack. I have told my wife the same thing and would be livid if a cop forced her to roll it down all the way. If this was only about the window (I cant watch the video) then the cop should be held accountable for trying to over exert his power.

And to the post about a black female cop, it has been my experience that women cops are far more likely to be power tripping idiots.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

refusing to
allow the officer to feel at peace in his environment.

[/quote]

WTF is this ^?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b98YFK5Oubo

[/quote]

Semi-sarcasm, I’m kind of half and half on who is to blame. She was whiny and not co-operative, he was abrasive and over-reacted. She should have followed along with the interaction while it was still reasonable, and he should have found a way around her behaviour without resorting to cracking in her window.

If pushed to be partisan I would likely side with the police officer, but I don’t condone his actions.

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:
Her behavioural response was ridiculous, he gave her enough fair warning for her to comply to his instructions. This is entirely upon her, maybe his willingness to smash her window was rather brash, but she had entirely enough time to avoid that outcome by not being so unnecessarily rebellious. I’m aggravated by the way she responded to the situation, refusing to resolve the issue calmly and allow the officer to feel at peace in his environment.[/quote]

I suspect you wore school uniforms and have had an ID on a lanyard around your neck since you were a child. Fair warning
officer feeling safe
you silly rabbit.

Is this an episode of “When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong”??? I expected Dave Chappell to walk into the picture toward the end of the video. She was being detained for a traffic violation. She was not compliant with the commands of the officer while she was being detained.

Once the citation was issued she was technically being placed under arrest and he was attempting to allow her to sign the citation and let her go instead of taking her to jail. At this point it is very important to remember that she is UNDER ARREST. She is technically being placed in custody. She continued to be noncompliant and kept it real.

He asked her to step out of the vehicle. She kept it real and refused. He reached in to unlock the door to get her out of the car and she tried to roll up the window on him. I see no problem with what the officer did. He should have charged her with resisting arrest or obstruction. Now, ya’ll hate away