Cool things you've seen in the gym

1Kg=2.2Lbs

I know a guy who lifts very intensely. His blood pressure must spike very highly when he does dumbell presses. When he first gets up after a heavy set, the whites of his eyes are all red, like demon eyes, for about 30 seconds or so, then they turn white again. Pretty cool!

She might be 8,9 or 10. I’m not sure which it is. She does gymnastics and has a six pack.

At the YMCA where I lift there is a man who comes in 5 times a week to train. He swims, lifts, and takes a Yoga class. The man is in some of the best shape out of anyone in the gym, and he’s blind.

My friend down in Boca Raton Fl. benches 405 at a bodywt. of 165. He’s a lifetime natural & has awesome form. He also does dips with 255-265 for a few reps. Cool guy. His name is Bill Weigel.

I saw a guy load up the hip sled with 10 45’s on each side and one on the top in the back and do it for reps.

A buddy of mine at school loaded an incline leg press with 640 lbs, then had me (230 lbs) and a girl in my class (130 lbs) get on the rack so he could do a 1 R.M.@ 1000 lbs. It’s not a huge lift, but to all the newbies that don’t train legs (or own a full length mirror) thought he was Hercules.

When I was a senior in high school I saw a friend of mine squat 660 to not quite parallel. He was a junior and weighed about 185 then. He got it up, took a step forward to rack it, but it almost squased him. It shot him out the front of the power rack (it was facing a roll up garage door that faced a parking lot). He went rolling forward about 15 feet. The weight fell and snapped both of the safeties. They sparked and it stunk for a couple of days in there. There bar was bent like a banana. Anyway, the guy is a 400lb fatass today.

That sounds like something I saw on tv years ago (and replayed numerous times since) at the 1974 Commonwealth Games in the weightlifting a guy got the weight up and was holding for the lights and lost it forward, as in body slam still holding the bar it crashed on the stage then rolled off it into the front row. Another cool thing was a guy at a gym I used to go to who was 92 y. old, he came in about 3 times pw, obviously nothing major but still worked out. I think I remember reading in the paper that he started at about 85!

Wouldn’t that be the hottest thing? Hahaha.

1kg=2.2lbs but 1k=1000… like y2k bug

There was a guy at my gym that did decline DB benches with 100’s. That wasn’t a big deal but he’s the only guy who could sit up with them when he finished the set. He did everything with perfect form and he never dropped the weights like most people(wimps) do.