Cool stuff you've seen in the gym

The coolest thing I saw was a few years ago. This huge Samoian powerlifter was in the squat rack with 405 pounds. Whenever somebody has 405 on the rack, people start to take some notice. This guy stepped back with the weight like he was going to start squatting and then behind the neck pressed it for 3 reps.

The next time I saw him he was benching 495 for 8 reps and he paused at the bottom of the 8th rep before pushing it up.

The coolest thing I’ve seen was on christmas morning, this big guy who was there with his GF loaded like 405 on a bar in the squat rack, and proceeded to do trap pulls with it. His back seriously looked like it was alive, like it would separate from him and form into a separate being. His traps were the biggest i’ve ever seen in real life.

Last night saw a young man pop out 15 behind the neck pullups, then he piked his legs up over his head, hung upside down vertically, like a bat, the tops of his feet being the contact point with the appararatus, he then folded up hands behind his head for for 15 reps of “sit ups”.

I was working out in Auburn, AL at a little gym call Kaz’s. It was my first day working out there and I hadn’t thought about the name of the gmy and then it hit me. Bill Kazmeir (if that’s how you spell it) warming up with a 135lb barbell for curls. This was probably the biggest dude I’ve ever seen.