T Nation

Cool Stuff in Spain

so im going to Barcelona, Valencia, and Palma de Mallorca

just owndering if anyones been there and have any advice for what to see and what to stay away from etc, etc.

gracias

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
so im going to Barcelona, Valencia, and Palma de Mallorca

just owndering if anyones been there and have any advice for what to see and what to stay away from etc, etc.

gracias[/quote]

Personally, I would hit up the many jamon shoppes in Barcelona. They take their pork seriously in Spain. I would also partake in late night tapas binges. You walk from one bar to another tasting different morsels. “Pulpo a la gallega” is a notable favorite of mine, don’t know what your comfort level in food. If it looks good, eat it!

whats pulpo a la gallega?

i dont do seafood - at all

im definately gonna try to hit up the nightlife but im going with my mom and aunt so like A) they arent gonna do it with me and B) they arent gonna want me spending all night getting hammered at random bars but whatevs, its europe so im gonna have to.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
whats pulpo a la gallega?

i dont do seafood - at all

im definately gonna try to hit up the nightlife but im going with my mom and aunt so like A) they arent gonna do it with me and B) they arent gonna want me spending all night getting hammered at random bars but whatevs, its europe so im gonna have to.[/quote]

You’re missing out mate. Yeah then my suggestion for tapas bar jumping is totally family friendly.

Been to Valencia. Got relatives living there. You must go to the harbour area of Malvarossa, thats where you´ll find some nice clubs. Plus a nice beach. But if you want an absolutely breath taking beach you got to visit Benidorm. Never seen water that clean and blue, plus many very hot chics.

Barcelona:

I went there and stayed in the Gothic area. It’s a beautiful city, make sure you do one of the bus tours (you can get off and on anywhere you want). As for food, you really are spoilt for choice.

Only thing is that there are millions of tourists all the time which makes the locals (atleast in my experience) not very friendly.

Barcelona:

I went there and stayed in the Gothic area. It’s a beautiful city, make sure you do one of the bus tours (you can get off and on anywhere you want). As for food, you really are spoilt for choice.

Only thing is that there are millions of tourists all the time which makes the locals (atleast in my experience) not very friendly.

If your going to Barca you have to visit La Sagrada Familia. Also try and see as much of the Gaudi stuff as possible including the park. A visit to the Nou Camp wouldn’t go amiss to see the second greatest football team in the world play…

As above the food is awesome, bit of a shame you aren’t a fan of seafood but there will be plenty of other options!

so i was on this Barcelona site my aunt sent me, wtf do they speak an entirely different form of spanish over there? i understood like 1 out of every 30 words.

i know they use vosotros instead of nosotros but shiiit

ooo i was checking the page and in the top theres 4 languages: english, castellano, catala and french

i guess Catala is some wierd ass version of spanish and Castellano is regular spanish.

As one of the autnonmous regions in Spain they speak Catalan as well as Castillian Spanish. Nosotros is ¨we¨. Vosotros is ¨you all¨.

I recommend the Cava, Spanish champagne. Pulpo is octopus. You may prefer to stick to the pork products. Barcelona is beautiful and has remarkable architecture.

Valencia is famous for paella. And beautiful beaches.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
so i was on this Barcelona site my aunt sent me, wtf do they speak an entirely different form of spanish over there? i understood like 1 out of every 30 words.

i know they use vosotros instead of nosotros but shiiit

ooo i was checking the page and in the top theres 4 languages: english, castellano, catala and french

i guess Catala is some wierd ass version of spanish and Castellano is regular spanish.

[/quote]

Dude if that blows your mind, hearing them use curse if even nuttier. When I throw a “Chinga tu madre puto maricon Espanolete vale verga” (translation: Fuck you faggot ass Spaniard) they counterattack with something so putrid and offensive that shadows my previous statement. I have some Spaniard friends and hearing them go at it hilarious.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
so i was on this Barcelona site my aunt sent me, wtf do they speak an entirely different form of spanish over there? i understood like 1 out of every 30 words.

i know they use vosotros instead of nosotros but shiiit

ooo i was checking the page and in the top theres 4 languages: english, castellano, catala and french

i guess Catala is some wierd ass version of spanish and Castellano is regular spanish.

Dude if that blows your mind, hearing them use curse if even nuttier. When I throw a “Chinga tu madre puto maricon Espanolete vale verga” (translation: Fuck you faggot ass Spaniard) they counterattack with something so putrid and offensive that shadows my previous statement. I have some Spaniard friends and hearing them go at it hilarious. [/quote]

fuck your mother*

do they talk with those gay lisps that spain is notorious for? nothhhhhotros decthimoooooooooooth “phhhhhhosotrothhhhhhhhh” en ethhhhhpana

btw im also going to Florence and Rome

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
so i was on this Barcelona site my aunt sent me, wtf do they speak an entirely different form of spanish over there? i understood like 1 out of every 30 words.

i know they use vosotros instead of nosotros but shiiit

ooo i was checking the page and in the top theres 4 languages: english, castellano, catala and french

i guess Catala is some wierd ass version of spanish and Castellano is regular spanish.

Dude if that blows your mind, hearing them use curse if even nuttier. When I throw a “Chinga tu madre puto maricon Espanolete vale verga” (translation: Fuck you faggot ass Spaniard) they counterattack with something so putrid and offensive that shadows my previous statement. I have some Spaniard friends and hearing them go at it hilarious.

fuck your mother*

do they talk with those gay lisps that spain is notorious for? nothhhhhotros decthimoooooooooooth “phhhhhhosotrothhhhhhhhh” en ethhhhhpana

btw im also going to Florence and Rome[/quote]

Yeah they both do. You speak Spanish live?

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
so i was on this Barcelona site my aunt sent me, wtf do they speak an entirely different form of spanish over there? i understood like 1 out of every 30 words.

i know they use vosotros instead of nosotros but shiiit

ooo i was checking the page and in the top theres 4 languages: english, castellano, catala and french

i guess Catala is some wierd ass version of spanish and Castellano is regular spanish.

Dude if that blows your mind, hearing them use curse if even nuttier. When I throw a “Chinga tu madre puto maricon Espanolete vale verga” (translation: Fuck you faggot ass Spaniard) they counterattack with something so putrid and offensive that shadows my previous statement. I have some Spaniard friends and hearing them go at it hilarious.

fuck your mother*

do they talk with those gay lisps that spain is notorious for? nothhhhhotros decthimoooooooooooth “phhhhhhosotrothhhhhhhhh” en ethhhhhpana

btw im also going to Florence and Rome

Yeah they both do. You speak Spanish live?[/quote]

yo hablo un poco porque yo tome dos clases a escuela. pero no ve que lejos.

lol hope that makes sense

If you can make your way to Marbella, I think you will have a good time. Its pricy though, REAL pricy. Makes Beverly Hills look like a joke. Or if you can find a way to Ibiza, I had a great time there.

You will have fun in Spain, you have the personality for a good time. Hit up the clubs, as you will see what REAL partying is like, if you’re into that.

Unless you understand Castillian Spanish, most of what you know wont help much. Fear not, the people are very friendly and most people speak English as it is.

As for Florence and Rome, I can help you out, I was there in November and know both cities very well. I am not sure when you are going on this trip, but DONT go in August. You will fucking die a miserable death in humidity that makes you want to be bludgeoned to death by a dull spoon.

Rome is big with lots to see. I recommend getting a ticket for a bus tour, so you can see all the sites and save time. The Coliseum, Roman Forum, Piazza Venezia are all on the same street so you can’t miss those. I recommend getting an ice cream from the shop across the street from the Roman Forum. Your interpretation of real ice cream will be changed forever.

If you are looking for places to eat, I highly recommend Caffe Leonardo, which is in the piazza where the Spanish Steps are. The food is INSANE good, a little pricy though. But its the real deal. I also recommend a restaurant called LA FRANCESCANA, which is near the San Angelo Castle. You can ask around, almost everyone speaks English. Do yourself a favor and grab yourself a coffee in the morning at a local caffe. For basically less than a dollar, you will have what Starbucks FAILS to create with their $4 lab experiment.

Florence mainly has art exhibits and museums. The statue of David, along with the Uffizi Gallery are there. You can take a wine tasting tour through Tuscany (Florence is the main city in the Tuscany Region.) I would not give Florence more than 3 days to be honest, just not a ton to see. Live, holla at me if you need any info or translating.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
so i was on this Barcelona site my aunt sent me, wtf do they speak an entirely different form of spanish over there? i understood like 1 out of every 30 words.

i know they use vosotros instead of nosotros but shiiit

ooo i was checking the page and in the top theres 4 languages: english, castellano, catala and french

i guess Catala is some wierd ass version of spanish and Castellano is regular spanish.

Dude if that blows your mind, hearing them use curse if even nuttier. When I throw a “Chinga tu madre puto maricon Espanolete vale verga” (translation: Fuck you faggot ass Spaniard) they counterattack with something so putrid and offensive that shadows my previous statement. I have some Spaniard friends and hearing them go at it hilarious.

fuck your mother*

do they talk with those gay lisps that spain is notorious for? nothhhhhotros decthimoooooooooooth “phhhhhhosotrothhhhhhhhh” en ethhhhhpana

btw im also going to Florence and Rome

Yeah they both do. You speak Spanish live?

yo hablo un poco porque yo tome dos clases a escuela. pero no ve que lejos.

lol hope that makes sense[/quote]

somewhat lol Better than none mate

i still have my textbooks so i guess ill give myself some review

i also cant use accents on my computer so gea.

I’m actually currently staying in Barcelona, and will be for the next 8 weeks. If you need any tips or want me to check out something you heard about to see if it’s as good as you heard, just write a pm.

[quote]Robert P. wrote:
I’m actually currently staying in Barcelona, and will be for the next 8 weeks. If you need any tips or want me to check out something you heard about to see if it’s as good as you heard, just write a pm.[/quote]

will do, and if YOU see anything amazingly cool let me know.

im heading there in June so who knows we might be there at the same time even lol

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
whats pulpo a la gallega?

i dont do seafood - at all

im definately gonna try to hit up the nightlife but im going with my mom and aunt so like A) they arent gonna do it with me and B) they arent gonna want me spending all night getting hammered at random bars but whatevs, its europe so im gonna have to.[/quote]

dude, start!

For real, your life will change.