T Nation

Cooking Shows

Who the fuck has any of this shit in their kitchens?

Sweet Albino Black Beans

Cherry Smoked Butter Lemon Zest Powder

Make sure you use fresh porcupine quills to check the temperature of the curried ocelot in your hyperbaric oven blender

Cost a few bucks at Wholefoods, sometimes.

What the fuck is a cooking show?

I believe there is some potential out there for a show that teaches you how to do a solid, somewhat healthy meal at a somewhat reasonable price with things you can shop for in under ten minutes.

Should be no longer than 15 minutes.

I would call it “Fuck you, I dont have all day”.

[quote]orion wrote:
I believe there is some potential out there for a show that teaches you how to do a solid, somewhat healthy meal at a somewhat reasonable price with things you can shop for in under ten minutes.

Should be no longer than 15 minutes.

I would call it “Fuck you, I dont have all day”.

[/quote]

There have been a few that have come and gone, but people don’t want to see that shit. They want to see something decadent, or at the very least Giada’s tits. Fun fact: every human being that doesn’t have a penis hates Giada.

There was some Canadian show done by bodybuilders that was pretty good. Can’t remember the name. Oh Snap! Sawwy.

My fiance and I have a very well stocked kitchen, full of a lot of the hardware and specialty foods that you see on those cooking shows. Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies, to the point that I have actually taken classes at a local culinary school, and my fiance makes traditional Indian dishes quite often.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
There was some Canadian show done by bodybuilders that was pretty good. Can’t remember the name. Oh Snap! Sawwy.[/quote]

I think I know which show you’re talking about. I can’t remember the name either, but the show was pretty good.

CS

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:
My fiance and I have a very well stocked kitchen, full of a lot of the hardware and specialty foods that you see on those cooking shows. Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies, to the point that I have actually taken classes at a local culinary school, and my fiance makes traditional Indian dishes quite often.[/quote]

You should try a scrumptious, easy to fix powerlifting meal sometime…

Delicious powerlifting meal:
Steak
gallon of milk
handful of dbol
and maybe a beer or five for desert

Bon apetit

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
There was some Canadian show done by bodybuilders that was pretty good. Can’t remember the name. Oh Snap! Sawwy.[/quote]

I think I know which show you’re talking about. I can’t remember the name either, but the show was pretty good.

CS[/quote]
An Asian dude and a white guy with a segment for supplement review and a brief exercise highlight at the end?

[quote]ranengin wrote:

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:
My fiance and I have a very well stocked kitchen, full of a lot of the hardware and specialty foods that you see on those cooking shows. Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies, to the point that I have actually taken classes at a local culinary school, and my fiance makes traditional Indian dishes quite often.[/quote]

You should try a scrumptious, easy to fix powerlifting meal sometime…

Delicious powerlifting meal:
Steak
gallon of milk
handful of dbol
and maybe a beer or five for desert

Bon apetit

[/quote]

Well, I do not drink much (I know, I am a very bad Russian), and I am not risking my career or relationship over steroids, so 3 and 4 on your list are out. As for steak and milk, I love both and partake in them often, but steak does not necessarily mean just throwing it on the grill and putting some salt and pepper on it. If that is what you like that is cool, but I enjoy trying different marinades and such with my steaks. I have discovered some great ones. I also experiment with various side dishes to go with my meat.

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:

[quote]ranengin wrote:

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:
My fiance and I have a very well stocked kitchen, full of a lot of the hardware and specialty foods that you see on those cooking shows. Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies, to the point that I have actually taken classes at a local culinary school, and my fiance makes traditional Indian dishes quite often.[/quote]

You should try a scrumptious, easy to fix powerlifting meal sometime…

Delicious powerlifting meal:
Steak
gallon of milk
handful of dbol
and maybe a beer or five for desert

Bon apetit

[/quote]

Well, I do not drink much (I know, I am a hardly Russian)t. [/quote]

Fixed

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:

[quote]ranengin wrote:

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:
My fiance and I have a very well stocked kitchen, full of a lot of the hardware and specialty foods that you see on those cooking shows. Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies, to the point that I have actually taken classes at a local culinary school, and my fiance makes traditional Indian dishes quite often.[/quote]

You should try a scrumptious, easy to fix powerlifting meal sometime…

Delicious powerlifting meal:
Steak
gallon of milk
handful of dbol
and maybe a beer or five for desert

Bon apetit

[/quote]

Well, I do not drink much (I know, I am a very bad Russian), and I am not risking my career or relationship over steroids, so 3 and 4 on your list are out. As for steak and milk, I love both and partake in them often, but steak does not necessarily mean just throwing it on the grill and putting some salt and pepper on it. If that is what you like that is cool, but I enjoy trying different marinades and such with my steaks. I have discovered some great ones. I also experiment with various side dishes to go with my meat. [/quote]

Feel free to substitute the dbol with a dozen of your favorite donuts!

A Russian that doesn’t drink? Next you’re going to tell me that unicorns exist ;).

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:
I have discovered some great ones. I also experiment with various side dishes to go with my meat. [/quote]

Go on…

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:
I have discovered some great ones. I also experiment with various side dishes to go with my meat. [/quote]

Go on…[/quote]

This is one of my favorites:

1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil (optional, but trust me, you want to add this)

**if you do not care for Worcestershire sauce or lemon juice, replace with cooking wine. White goes best with this marinade.

1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
1/4 tsp curry powder (optional, but if you like a spicy kick with a great taste, you want this)
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp dried basil

Mix the juices and sauces together first, then mix in the spices. If you have never had curry powder before, start with 1/8 tsp or less and see how you like it. It is tasty, especially if you make it yourself, but it is spicy. If you do not like spicy food, do not use curry powder or hot pepper sauce. Substitute with seasoned meat tenderizer or seasoned salt. Cover the steaks completely and let sit for 24 hours. You can get away with 8 if you want, but I recommend 24.

EDIT: The amounts here are enough for 2, maybe 3 steaks.

I don’t care Nadia G cracks me up, & is oddly hot. . .

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/nadia-gs-bitchin-kitchen/index.html

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]CSEagles1694 wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
There was some Canadian show done by bodybuilders that was pretty good. Can’t remember the name. Oh Snap! Sawwy.[/quote]

I think I know which show you’re talking about. I can’t remember the name either, but the show was pretty good.

CS[/quote]
An Asian dude and a white guy with a segment for supplement review and a brief exercise highlight at the end?[/quote]

Yes, that’s the one.

CS

True story: they put Giada in those shirts to highlight her 'oobies so no one notices how enormous her head is.

Because, seriously, it is unreal.

I’ll watch anything with Bobby Flay. Dude is a fantastic.

[quote]Dr.Matt581 wrote:
My fiance and I have a very well stocked kitchen, full of a lot of the hardware and specialty foods that you see on those cooking shows. Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies, to the point that I have actually taken classes at a local culinary school, and my fiance makes traditional Indian dishes quite often.[/quote]

You ever go to the Indian grocery store over by the Uncommon Market?

I get cases of pureed mango there for mango/yogurt/coconut milk smoothies, which are absolutely awesome.

Have you guys seen Chef Robert Irvine ? He is my hero/ I wonder how he trains.

I will attempt to post link :

http://www.foodnetwork.com/robert-irvine/bio/index.html