Cooking Eggs En Masse?

Use a spatula and run the flat edge along the bottom to keep the eggs from sticking. Then keep turning as they begin to solidify. Works like a charm every time.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
homer23 wrote:
Try an electric skillet. I’ve scrambled upwards of 40 eggs at once. It takes a good half hour and you need to continually stir, but then you’re set for the week and only have to clean the skillet once.

I’ve debated getting an electric skillet. I tried one of those 5qt frying pans, but those don’t seem to cook as evenly, though the constant stirring was obviously overlooked.[/quote]

[quote]antman wrote:
Hard boil, slice remove yolks, add to salad/couscous/rice/whatever you want![/quote]

Remove yolks?!?!?!?!?

Away with thee heathen. =]

I use my steamer which essentially steam boils them. 3 dozen at a time.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
antman wrote:
Hard boil, slice remove yolks, add to salad/couscous/rice/whatever you want!

Remove yolks?!?!?!?!?

Away with thee heathen. =]

I use my steamer which essentially steam boils them. 3 dozen at a time. [/quote]

I’ll agree with this, eat the damn yolks!

I just hard boil 36 omega 3 eggs at a time, 2 or 3 times a week. Not my favorite way to eat eggs but by far the easiest and quickest. still the same nutrients…

[quote]Norwell Bob wrote:
inthego wrote:
It’s called:
quiche

Do T-men eat quiche?[/quote]

You can call it an egg roast if that makes you feel more manly :slight_smile:

[quote]robo1 wrote:
Norwell Bob wrote:
inthego wrote:
It’s called:
quiche

Do T-men eat quiche?

You can call it an egg roast if that makes you feel more manly :)[/quote]

lol

real men can’t spell quish…

lol

i am so hungry right now

would a real man even give a fuck what anyone thought about his diet?

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
would a real man even give a fuck what anyone thought about his diet?[/quote]

no

So I cooked up some eggs in the oven. I tried to go with a frittata sort of thing. I covered the bottom of a small baking dish with cooked hamburger and sausage and a little cheese, then poured a dozen whipped eggs over them. I could have mixed it all together to begin with because the ingredients began to float in the eggs anyway. It turned out to be a couple inches thick (I should have used a larger dish) and took about an hour at 400F. It has the consistency of a thick sponge, but it is certainly palatable. I don’t think it would turn out well without some fillers (meat, cheese, etc.).

Thanks for the ideas everyone.