Cooking Eggs En Masse?

Instead of frying up 6-8 eggs twice per day (the time adds up), is there a way to bake a ton of eggs at once? Something on the scale of a 13"x9" pan (a couple dozen eggs). I’ve thought about scrambling up a lot of eggs, but baking would be the best so I could throw in stuff like meat, cheese, and maybe cream. The people I’ve asked said the consistency would be like souffle or flan, but I’m sure someone here has it figured out. Thanks for the suggestions.

My mom used to make an omelet-like egg dish like this.
I have no idea how she did it though…

Vanilla Metabolic Drive + walnuts/cashews/nuts of choice + dried fruit + eggs (keep a higher ratio of the white vs yoke) … spray some pam on an 8x12 baking pan … spread in the nut, fruit, egg, metabolic mixture … cook at 350 for about 12 minutes … DO NOT OVERCOOK! makes an awesome protein bar, snack, etc

don’t need the fruit if you don’t want it

google frittata. Its an egg dish that uses a ton of eggs and you can cut pieces like a pie. Throw in some veggies, meat, bacon, ham, etc and you are good to go.

Otherwise you could always crack them and eat Rocky style, like I usually do.

It’s called:
quiche

just double the recipe
Ingredients
4 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 Tablespoon flour (whole wheat
2 Tablespoons melted butter(or I can’t believe it’s not butter)
Pinch of salt
Pinch of nutmeg Method
1 cup Cheddar cheese (grated low fat)
1 cup Swiss cheese (grated low fat)

Beat all the ingredients together with a whisk until blended. Butter (or Pam) a pie dish and scatter a mixture of grated Cheddar and Swiss cheese over the bottom of the pie dish. Pour egg mixture over top. Sprinkle nutmeg. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes until the custard is firm, puffy & slightly brown.

scrambling 10 eggs and cookin them takes me less than 10 minutes. all in all, i’d say eggs are one of the quickest meals out there.

i’m a lazy ass, i hard boil when pressed for time.

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
i’m a lazy ass, i hard boil when pressed for time.[/quote]

Same here.

Boiled eggs are also great for work as they are easy to transport and can go for hours without refrigeration before being consumed.

I cook up enough eggs to last me a few days a couple times a week. Making a scrambled ‘casserole’ of eggs is the easiest way. It is kind of like the frittata recipe above except you put it into a baking dish.

Use whatever you like as the ingredients, then just dump the eggs over the top. Place in the oven and cook. Cover it in foil when you put it into the fridge and you are all set.

Well, if you have a large griddle surface you could make a gargantuan omelet with like 2 dozen eggs and then divide it up and wrap in foil or throw in a sealed dish. If you use more than a dozen eggs, you are required to take pictures of the resulting awesomeness for us to admire.

You could also poach/boil a whole bunch at once, but this wouldn’t be the best for mixing unless you wanted to make egg salad. That might be tasty with some extra ingredients like some meat, cream, spices, maybe some green peppers, etc.

Hard boil, slice remove yolks, add to salad/couscous/rice/whatever you want!

I usually make something with half eggs and half cottage cheese, with other possible ingredients: sauteed onions and peppers, green chilies, ham, etc… Then I throw some cheese on top about halfway through cooking to crisp.

My mom makes this, but uses crushed crackers too; this makes stuff a bit more solid, but you can do without if you are low-carbing it.

[quote]inthego wrote:
It’s called:
quiche
[/quote]

Do T-men eat quiche?

Try an electric skillet. I’ve scrambled upwards of 40 eggs at once. It takes a good half hour and you need to continually stir, but then you’re set for the week and only have to clean the skillet once.

There’s an Italian egg dish called a “Frittata” basically you add ingredients to a pan in a omlette mixture and cook in the oven until set. You can slice it up and refridgerate and use up over a few days. Here’s a recipe.

5 eggs
1/4 cup low fat milk
1 tbsp of olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
60g semi sundried tomatoes, Finley chopped
80g asparagus, finely sliced
1/2 large red pepper, sliced julienne (match stick strips)
1/2 zuccini, finely sliced
1/2 large onion

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.

Sautee the asparagus, red pepper, zuccini and onion in the olive oil until slightly wilted.

Add the beaten eggs, milk and parsley together until well combined and add to the veg mixture.

Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until firm.

[quote]Norwell Bob wrote:
inthego wrote:
It’s called:
quiche

Do T-men eat quiche?[/quote]

I love quiche. I used to eat it in the college dorm when I didn’t even know what it was called. Eggs, bacon/ham, random veggies… all T-man food. I would take an entire pie and sit down with it and a side salad.

[quote]homer23 wrote:
Try an electric skillet. I’ve scrambled upwards of 40 eggs at once. It takes a good half hour and you need to continually stir, but then you’re set for the week and only have to clean the skillet once. [/quote]

I’ve debated getting an electric skillet. I tried one of those 5qt frying pans, but those don’t seem to cook as evenly, though the constant stirring was obviously overlooked.

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I think I’ll try some frittata recipes out, maybe adapt it for like three dozen eggs. I thought about going the quiche route but it just isn’t enough eggs. Barring the frittata idea I’ll go with the 40 scrambled eggs in an electric frying pan. I’ll mess with the cooking tonight and I’ll let you guys know it goes.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
Norwell Bob wrote:
inthego wrote:
It’s called:
quiche

Do T-men eat quiche?

I love quiche. I used to eat it in the college dorm when I didn’t even know what it was called. Eggs, bacon/ham, random veggies… all T-man food. I would take an entire pie and sit down with it and a side salad.[/quote]

T-Men don’t let anyone tell them what they can or can’t eat.

Almost forgot:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1498939

Cheffie to the rescue! First recipe in her great thread is for crustless quiche muffins.