Cookin' with Chris 👨‍🍳

I have mixed feelings about this.

1 Like

Wow! Never would have thought of this!

1 Like

Smashed Potatoes

Thanks for inspiring these, @ChickenLittle!

1. Boil red-skinned potatoes (leave skins on) until fork tender.

2. Smash ‘em flat.

3. Season (salt, pepper, onion, garlic, etc.)

4. Bake at 425 degrees or so until crispy.

2 Likes

Those look way crispier than mine turned out. You’re a lot better at this than I am!

1 Like

Top rack then crank up the heat to 450 at the end.

BOOM! And they are really not too bad. I like them with cottage cheese and fruit, or peanut butter the best.

4 Likes

Granola Bars

aka Bulking Bars
aka Honey 'n Oats Bars
aka Chocolate-Banana Protein Bars

This one is still a bit of an experiment because there are a lot of options. Dani said they’re great as is though, so here’s the recipe I’m using right now:

Ingredients

• 4 cups rolled oats (old fashioned)
• 1 cup natural nut butter (I used almond, but PB will work)
• 1/4 cup organic raw honey
• 2 bananas
• 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
• 3/4 cup 100% pure baking chocolate, chopped into chips
• 3 scoops Metabolic Drive, vanilla

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.

3. Mix the applesauce, Metabolic Drive, honey, and nut butter into a bowl. Stir together until the nut butter comes apart.

4. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Add to baking dish.

5. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the edges start to brown.

6. Allow to cool, then refrigerate until cold.

7. Slice into bars or squares. My “bars” are ugly because I sliced them before chilling. Don’t do that.

Calories and macros? I have no idea. But I nicknamed these “bulking bars” because they sure ain’t low cal. But fat loss isn’t always the goal. I don’t plan on bulking anytime soon, so I’ll reserve these for hiking fuel.

The Possible Options

Some recipes like this use 5-7 bananas and no applesauce. But I needed some liquid for the protein powder to mix into so I used a mix of both.

You can also replace the bananas with all applesauce (just use more applesauce - it’s technically 1.5 cups of mashed banana).

You may also want to try replacing the bananas and applesauce with all canned pumpkin. That might bring down the carbs/calories a little.

Let me know if you tweak the recipe. Interested in seeing what else works.

MD-Buy-on-Amazon

3 Likes

This is outstanding! My kiddo was absolutely delighted to see that this was out there. Thanks for sharing it!

3 Likes

Working on a high-protein, no-added sugar, soft-serve ice cream… made without an ice cream machine.

This one is okay, but not quite there yet. A little icy, and I’d like to double the protein and make it creamier without making it a calorie bomb. The second batch is freezing now, so we’ll see.

Here’s the C+ version below. We’ll see if I can nail an A+ over the weekend, then I’ll drop the recipe.

4 Likes

For those with any doubt. These are good. real good.

2 Likes

Thanks!

High-Protein Soft Serve Ice Cream

Ingredients

2 scoops Metabolic Drive, vanilla
1/2 cup milk of choice (I used almond)
1 cup cottage cheese (2% or above)
1/2 cup dark cherries (frozen works)
1 tablespoon low-cal sweetener of choice (optional)

Instructions

1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend.

2. Freeze overnight.

3. Allow to thaw a bit and blend again until you get a soft serve texture. Melts fast so eat it quickly.

Options

Use different berries. Or use chocolate Metabolic Drive and blend in some nuts.

MD-Buy-on-Amazon

2 Likes

Breakfast Ham Cups

There’s probably a more clever name for these, but Dani and I called them that, laughed like 8th graders making a dirty joke, and so the name stuck. (Not to be confused with “ham wallet.” That’s something different.)

Ingredients

• Ham
• Eggs
• Cheese
• Salt and pepper
• Spray oil

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Spray a medium to large muffin tin with avocado or coconut oil.

3. Line each cup with a thinish slice of ham.

4. Drop cheese of choice on top of each ham slice. I used pepperjack.

5. Crack an egg into each cup. Add salt and pepper. Green onion would be good too.

6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how runny you like your yolks.

(You Googled “ham wallet,” didn’t you?)

4 Likes

I kinda like “A jobber” here

But you could also give it a bit more prestige and call it “The Dempsey”

That’s a new one for me!

1 Like

Breakfast Chocolate Pie

Eating breakfast is a darn good idea. People who eat breakfast are generally leaner, healthier, and even suffer from less depression and anxiety. (Science, bitches.)

But mornings are tough. You’re busy. You have stuff to do. Me too. That’s why I rely on recipes like this to fuel me up for workouts and tamp down morning cortisol. Prep one of these no-bake breakfast pies on Sunday and you’ll be ready to go all week.

This recipe contains everything you need: a blend of muscle-building proteins, sexual performance-boosting nuts (yes, really), polyphenol-rich chocolate, fiber-filled carbs, and even an antioxidant-packed vegetable. All with no added sugar.

INGREDIENTS

• 2 cups old-fashioned oats
• 1 can pure pumpkin (15 oz)
• 5 scoops (150g) Metabolic Drive® Protein, chocolate
• 1 banana
• 3/4 cup raw walnuts
• 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (like this)
• 2-4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or similar
• 1-2 tablespoons Splenda or whatever equivalent low-cal sweetener you prefer

DIRECTIONS

1. Finely chop the walnuts in a food processor or blender. Or just crush them up in your big strong hands. The walnuts will act as your crust. Add most of them to the bottom of a pie tin or glass pie plate, but set a handful aside as a topping. Any vessel will work since this is a no-bake recipe. Heck, make it square if you want. Go crazy.

2. Thinly slice the banana and layer the slices onto the walnuts.

3. Now make the filling. In a big bowl, add your oats, pumpkin, cocoa powder, sweetener of choice, and Metabolic Drive Protein. Stir. Use the almond milk to loosen it up a little, but only add one tablespoon at a time. You don’t want your mixture to be too thin.

4. Transfer filling to the pie plate and spread evenly. Take the last of your chopped walnuts and toss them over the top.

5. Cover and store in the fridge overnight or at least 6 hours to allow the oats to absorb the moisture.

CALORIES AND MACROS

The whole damn pie contains about:

• Calories: 1800
• Protein: 187 grams
• Carbs: 176 grams
• Fat: 72 grams
• Fiber: 34 grams

How much per serving? That’s up to you. Make 4 giant servings if you’re a skinny punk or you plan on being stuffed for half the day. Or make 6 normal servings or 8-10 snack-sized servings. You decide and do the division.

MD-Buy-on-Amazon

2 Likes

Instant Protein Pudding

This shouldn’t even be called a recipe because there’s one step. But I make it all the time.

Ingredients

Metabolic Drive, chocolate or vanilla

• Plain Greek Yogurt: full fat, no fat, pleasantly plump, whatever

Instructions

Mix a scoop of Metabolic Drive into the yogurt (no added liquid), add whatever topping you want, and eat it.

Using 6 ounces of Greek yogurt, you’ll get about 38g of protein in 10 seconds.

Great with chocolate protein powder and nuts, or with vanilla protein and berries.

Add precooked, cold rice and you get… rice pudding.

MD-Buy-on-Amazon

1 Like

High Protein Banana Bread

Here’s one from Dani that she definitely needs to make again. Like today.

INGREDIENTS

• 2 ripe bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 cup Metabolic Drive® Protein
  • 1/2 cup Splenda or whatever low-cal sweetener you like
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • A few dashes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger
  • Chopped nuts (optional)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Mash the bananas, then mix with all other ingredients.

3. Spray a bread loaf pan with coconut oil, then coat evenly with about a tablespoon of protein powder to prevent the bread from sticking.

4. Bake for about 40 minutes.

Note: Bake times may vary depending on your oven, your elevation, and the size of your pan. So pull it out and check it frequently by inserting a knife in it. When the knife comes out clean, it’s finished.

MD-Buy-on-Amazon

2 Likes

I actually don’t remember coming up with this. Are you sure YOU didn’t create this? I guess after 11-12 years of experimenting with Metabolic Drive at some point I had to have made a banana bread.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::banana:

And here I was trying to make sure I gave you credit. I could’ve just claimed it as my own! Opportunity missed. (You published a Tip-article with this recipe in 2017.)

1 Like