Cookin' with Chris 👨‍🍳

@burt128 @antiquity I’ve been experimenting with my Ninja, too. You can make straight Metabolic Drive (shaken, not blended, it didn’t work as well), and you get an unreal creamy ice cream somehow.

To make it a touch better, I do 140 grams of frozen fruit (fresh didn’t work as well, made too much ice in the ice cream) and add 10 grams of sugar-free pudding mix. Cheesecake has been best so far.

3 Likes

I just made a usual protein shake but used whole milk a the liquid. Maybe 10-12 oz of milk with about 30g of extra protein? I didn’t measure exactly. This specific machine made it really creamy, and I was able to stir in a small palm-full of chocolate chips. Next time, I may add some honey for hint more sweetness, but this was good as-is.

2 Likes

Dude those things probably account for like half my spending in the Biotest store. The chocolate chunk ones are GOAT protein bar even to this day

3 Likes

Protein Peanut Butter Cookies

The other day I was thinking, “I wonder if I could make a protein-filled peanut butter cookie without all the sugar and crap.”

Then I thought, “You already did, you senile MF’er! You even took the photos!”

For some reason, I don’t think I ever posted it anywhere. I dug through folders and folders of recipes and finally found it. So, here ya go:

Ingredients

• 1 cup Metabolic Drive® Protein (3 scoops), vanilla
• 1 cup natural peanut butter, crunchy (you can use creamy, but then we can’t be friends)
• 2 whole eggs
• 1/4 cup water
• Pinch of salt
• Option: 1/4 cup Splenda (or equivalent sweetener of choice)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit (135 Celsius).

2. Make a slurry. Whisk 1 scoop of Metabolic DriveÂŽ Protein into the water. Add the second scoop and whisk. Add the third scoop along with the salt and sweetener (if using); whisk again. Rest for 10 minutes to thicken.

3. In a separate bowl, whisk together two eggs. Add the peanut butter and stir.

4. Combine the slurry with the peanut butter and egg mixture. Hit it with a hand mixer until a dough forms.

5. Roll into about 12 balls and place on a baking sheet. Press the balls down with a fork, making hashtag symbols. Why? Because that’s how grandma did it, that’s why.

6. Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Calories & Macros

A 2-cookie serving contains about…

Calories: 340
Protein: 20g
Fat: 20g
Carbs: 10g
Fiber: 4g

MD-Buy-on-Amazon

3 Likes

Not-Blondies

I took the sweet potato protein brownie recipe and turned it into blondies. Or orangies…?

A blondie is a vanilla-based brownie without the chocolate. These turned out great but it would hard to call them blond.

Starting with original recipe:

1. Leave out the cocoa.

2. Use vanilla Metabolic Drive PLUS two extra scoops.

3. I also swapped the walnuts for toasted almond slices.

4. Add cinnamon.

5. Didn’t need the 2 tablespoons of milk.

Much higher in protein, but I do miss the big hit of dark chocolate in the original.

MD-Buy-on-Amazon

3 Likes

Protein Parfait (Layered Overnight Oats)

Breakfast, dessert, lunch… whatever.

Gather up this stuff:

Metabolic Drive protein
Old-fashioned oats
Greek yogurt
Berries
Nuts

How much of each? However much you want. Doesn’t matter.

1. Add berries, frozen or fresh, to the bottom of a glass.

2. Add water to oatmeal, just enough to cover it. Add however much vanilla Metabolic Drive protein you want. I used a scoop. Add to glass.

3. Add another scoop of protein powder to some plain, fat-free Greek yogurt. (We’re not afraid of dietary fat here, just making it lower calorie.) Add to glass.

4. Top with nuts or more berries.

5. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours and put it in your face.

And here’s a variation using chocolate Metabolic Drive, no berries, and almond butter as the top layer.

MD-Buy-on-Amazon

2 Likes

I recently “discovered” overnight oats.

With chia seeds or flax seeds, it’s become an anti-inflammatory game changer breakfast for me.

2 Likes

I came to link this article, wasn’t sure where to post it, but thought it would fit best here, since it’s from Bon Appetit:

2 Likes

Very interesting, thanks!

1 Like

This may become my go to breakfast.

Same. Thinking about making up a quintuple batch, adding Superfood to one of the components, and using all wild blueberries instead of mixed. Boom, post-workout breakfast for busy weekdays. Great in the summer.

1 Like

Baked Pork Chops

Nothing wrong with a little piggy in your diet. These thin-cut, baked chops aren’t as pretty as pan-fried, but they’re delicious and cook up in 20-25 minutes at 385 degrees. I buy them lean, then trim off most of the excess fat.

Let’s be honest though. We’re here for the baked steakhouse fries.

6 Likes

I’ll be curious how this turns out. I don’t mind the taste of the new Superfood in a standalone shake but for whatever reason this seems like it might make some otherwise tasty overnight oats bitter.

1 Like

Ever air fry them? Amazing.

Superfood Overnight Oats

Based on the chats above with @burt128 and @cyclonengineer, I gave this a go. Same idea as the protein parfait with a few mods:

1. Used all wild blueberries as the bottom layer (frozen).

2. Mixed Superfood into the oats and Metabolic Drive layer. Made a big batch with two servings of Superfood, divided into two servings.

3. Use walnuts instead of almonds.

Did this in part to test to see if Superfood changed the flavor. Superfood was improved recently and the new ratio and 3 new ingredients changed the flavor up a bit. Some say it’s better, some say it’s a little bitter or spicy, some don’t notice a change.

For me, I can taste the Superfood in the recipe, but it’s good. Different than the original, but fine.

Now, for the fun part: I made Dani a serving and didn’t tell her about the Superfood addition. She said it was great and didn’t guess Superfood had been added. (I had to tell her.) So I’d say the MD mostly covers the taste of Superfood in recipes.

Oh, and Dani made these with Metabolic Drive and fairy magic:

MD-Buy-on-Amazon

4 Likes

I recently got some Superfood and did notice it was slightly more bitter. Not bad if you mix with Metabolic Drive or any sort of food product.

It is hard to down by itself in water though.

1 Like

Haven’t jumped on the air fryer bandwagon yet. Wanted one, but I’m a bit worried about all the hot plastic and the advanced glycation end products (AGEs) that air fryers produce more than any other cooking method. TC has an article about AGEs coming out soon that gets into it.

2 Likes

Don’t ruin my fun…

I blame TC. We’d all live to be 120 following his advice, but still.

1 Like

Hey so check this out.

I poured 2 cartons of egg whites into an instant pot and slow cooked them in high for 4 hours.

What came out resembled crustless cheesecake

For presentation’s sake, I’d scrape the top clean of the bubbles.

But WHY I bring this up is I thought to myself “Huh, a no cheese cheesecake” to which my kid said “Isn’t that a protein cake? Like those cheesecake bites I make?” And we came up with the idea of mixing some vanilla metabolic drive in with the egg whites to give it a sweet flavor and even more protein power.

My original intent was just to batchmake egg whites in advance for the Metabolic Drive “oatmeal” eat, but we may have actually stumbled on a more efficient method that ALSO scratches the dessert itch while being effectively pure protein. Could always make Metabolic Drive icing to go on top of it too, just to be super ridiculous.

Details to follow, but wanted to share, especially for those that might beat me to the punch.

3 Likes