Cookies and Gaining Mass - Update

With a comsumption of protein in excess of my weight in grams… my cookie, cake and ice cream intake has actually kick started a drop in my bodyfat percentage!

I shit you not. That’s what happens when I fell off the “clean” diet wagon.

To the OP: cheesecake.

[quote]kroby wrote:

To the OP: cheesecake.[/quote]

What champions eat.

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
Hey, if you’re trying to get bigger and need some extra calories, there’s nothing wrong with some cookies. It’s amazing what happens when people eat other stuff outside of chicken and broccoli.

If you need to eat processed foods to gain size and pack in the calories, then do it.[/quote]

Thanks for the encouraging words man.

Would I have been better off posting this in the powerlifters forum?

Screw Dave Tate, eat TWO bags of DOUBLE STUFF oreos with all the milk you can handle EVERY DAY and you will be super swole.

[quote]wooldog wrote:
Would I have been better off posting this in the powerlifters forum?[/quote]

lol…

About how much protein is composed in one of those cookies?

[quote]wooldog wrote:
I’m just wondering. If I need to eat 3-4000 calories a day to make gains, is it ok if 1/4th of those are cookie calories? Assuming I get the necessary amount of protein and nutrition in my other diet? [/quote]

You must be freaken kidding me??? Do you really think it’s ok to eat 1,000cals from cookies a day?

I saw a few posts that agreed with this idea and you guys need to go read up some more. If you are a pro powerlifting doing everything you can to keep your weight up than ok go with the shitty food, but if you’re not a pro than why be fat? I mean if you are going to look like crap you might as well get paid for it.

If you want to be a fat ass, go for it. If you want to be a bodybuilder forget it.

Go read USC’s log on the PC and learn a real diet for your body type! He’s eating that many calories a day from clean foods!

Cookies…uh man ::slaps forhead::

[quote]Kalle wrote:
wooldog wrote:

lol…[/quote]

Lol x2 I’m going to go bounce my head off the wall now.

man… you dont know!

i made up some cookies for the holidays that had about 3lbs of peanut butter, 42oz oatmeal, chocolate chips, 12 eggs, M&Ms and a ton of sugar. I added it up and it was something like 900+ grams of protein in the entire batch.

i decided not to add up the calories tho… hahahah.

i ate them all and i feel great minus the occasional heart palpitation and slight tingling in my arms…

[quote]usnafan wrote:
About how much protein is composed in one of those cookies?[/quote]

go to www.fitday.com and put in all the ingredients… than divide it to whatever portions you want.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Kalle wrote:
wooldog wrote:

lol…

Lol x2 I’m going to go bounce my head off the wall now.[/quote]

I could understand if someone was needing to eat 6,000+ calories a day that they might have some cookies but the guy is aiming to eat 3,000-4,000 calories that is NOT EVEN CLOSE TO HARD with good foods!

[quote]Kalle wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
Kalle wrote:
wooldog wrote:

lol…

I could understand if someone was needing to eat 6,000+ calories a day that they might have some cookies but the guy is aiming to eat 3,000-4,000 calories that is NOT EVEN CLOSE TO HARD with good foods![/quote]

Very true! On Sunday’s when I got for 9,000cals I add in some cake or other bad foods but that’s to get to more than double what he’s aiming for!

If you want more calories I suggest red meat. It’s a lot better than cookies!

[quote]Kalle wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
Kalle wrote:
wooldog wrote:

lol…

I could understand if someone was needing to eat 6,000+ calories a day that they might have some cookies but the guy is aiming to eat 3,000-4,000 calories that is NOT EVEN CLOSE TO HARD with good foods![/quote]

It’s really, really tough for me to eat a lot-even 2000 calories a day is quite a bit for me–so foods that have a lot of calories are great for me. I’m allergic to nuts, so no peanut butter or almonds for me.

I honestly don’t think it’s possible for me to get fat. I don’t know if my metabolism is superfast or what but I never get fat. It just doesn’t happen It might be an improvement appearancewise if I gained some fat.

Each cookie has about 4 grams of protein.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Very true! On Sunday’s when I got for 9,000cals I add in some cake or other bad foods but that’s to get to more than double what he’s aiming for!

If you want more calories I suggest red meat. It’s a lot better than cookies![/quote]

I can’t even imagine eating 9000cals. I think I would explode.

I eat red meat but 1 omaha sirloin steak is about 300calories and it really fills me up. I’m stuffed after that.

I could get that much just by eating 1.3 cookies and still have a lot of room to spare.

I could do 9000 in a day. Maybe eating is my sport.

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
Hey, if you’re trying to get bigger and need some extra calories, there’s nothing wrong with some cookies. It’s amazing what happens when people eat other stuff outside of chicken and broccoli.

If you need to eat processed foods to gain size and pack in the calories, then do it.[/quote]

This should have ended it.

To the OP: Dude, you need calories to grow. You do what you have to in order to get them in.

If eating cookies with glasses of milk helps you do it, then rock on. It’s not like one day you will wake up with a tire around your waste - there will be plenty of time to adjust your diet accordingly based upon whatever results you see.

Too bad most of the vets who actually have some size to them left this forum - they probably got tired of trumpeting this year after year.

[quote]wooldog wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:

I eat red meat but 1 omaha sirloin steak is about 300calories and it really fills me up. I’m stuffed after that.

I could get that much just by eating 1.3 cookies and still have a lot of room to spare.

[/quote]

Well I understand that the steak fills you up I had to work my way up to eating as much as I do.

I would suggest a burger instead of a steak. It’s less filling, but has higher fat thus more calories.

Hell if you see no other way around it eat those cookies post workout so that way you know you are burning the calories.

People do need to remember that you need to get enough PROTEIN. Last I checked 4 grams per 300 calories sucks ass.

Even Prof. X said to get burgers and milk both of which have a decent amount of protein.

If you struggle with 2,000 let’s say 3,000 is actually your max. 1,000 coming from cookies with a total of 12grams of protein…I doubt you are getting to the 2x your bodyweight.

Plan your protein at 2x your bodyweight per day.
Plan your good fats from olive oil and fish oil
Then add cookies if you need more calories.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
wooldog wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:

Well I understand that the steak fills you up I had to work my way up to eating as much as I do.

I would suggest a burger instead of a steak. It’s less filling, but has higher fat thus more calories.

Hell if you see no other way around it eat those cookies post workout so that way you know you are burning the calories.

People do need to remember that you need to get enough PROTEIN. Last I checked 4 grams per 300 calories sucks ass.

Even Prof. X said to get burgers and milk both of which have a decent amount of protein.

If you struggle with 2,000 let’s say 3,000 is actually your max. 1,000 coming from cookies with a total of 12grams of protein…I doubt you are getting to the 2x your bodyweight.

Plan your protein at 2x your bodyweight per day.
Plan your good fats from olive oil and fish oil
Then add cookies if you need more calories.
[/quote]

Crew’s got this covered… If you want to eat cookies, eat cookies. Don’t justify its for you to get swole… I mean if you REALLY need to than go ahead but my point still stands your trying to eat 3,000 calories a day. I am DIETING eating 2,600 calories a day and have lost 16lbs of fat doing this.

I am starving most of the day doing this. I have no idea how 2,000 calories can seem like a lot of calories! Just make big ass things of hamburger and whole wheat pasta or something. Big pots of Chili, drink a glass of milk with a few meals. 16 ounces of milk is an extra 300+ calories and is probably comparable to a couple cookies as far as filling wise goes.

ChipsAHoy at 5-6 full bags/day. Think Bertil Fox Density bro. Awesome choice of bulking material.

jk,

TBN