Coochy Cream

[quote]ucallthatbass wrote:
You can also use hair conditioner. It works better than shaving cream imo[/quote]

Yes it does.

But I’ll second what Maximus said. I am sick of this multi blade horse shit.

None of those gels or foams really keep your SKIN smooth enough to glide the razor over - not to the point where doing so would be beneficial - so they are worthless in my opinion.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
rocks for shaving.

I usually use Aveeno, but forgot to pick up more. All we had was the wife’s coochy cream.

One of the best shaves ever. Took less time and was much smooth when shaving.

that is all[/quote]

Generally speaking, when you use a product intended for an area of the body with more sensitive skin, you will get a better experience.

I actually use shave oil, works much better IMO.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
If you are interested in the real deal Holyfield kind of shave, use Proraso, Truefitt and Hill, or Nickel for Men. They are pricier but they make shaving a treat. Also, get rid of that fucking Mach-3, and get yourself a safety razor. Guys need to learn to shave like their dads, and stop fucking around with these 5 blade systems. Seriously, get a badger brush, a high quality cream, kickass razor like Merkur, and a good aftershave. You will feel like a new man, trust me. [/quote]

I went with an early 60’s Gillette Fatboy.

Lots of good info here: http://badgerandblade.com/

(edit) More linkage: http://www.classicshaving.com/Safety_Razors.html

Meh, I just use water.

[quote]Vegita wrote:
Small hijack, do you guys use the gel type shave cream or the actual foamy stuff? I have used the gel type for a long time now and I ran out so my wife buys a cheap can of that barbosol stuff. Now the last time I had used a cream was like a LONG time ago, like either college or HS so I can’t even remember what it is like. I actually like the foamy shit better. The gel I end up wasting because too much comes out on one press, plus you have to mix it with water in your hand or it dreis out too fast, and it’s hard to spread evenly. The foamy stuff just seems like less hassle and I don’t have to sit there stirring it up into a lather and adding water till it becomes the correct consistancy. Anyways, just wondering.

V[/quote]

I use gel, and if I’m out I’ll use that face wash stuff my wife has. The cream makes me break out like I’m 14 again.

Maximus and 4est,

Sounds like there are shaving oils, soaps and creams. Am I right?

I’m going to order a whole set this week and start wet shaving like a mofo.