Convincing Meatheads to Come Off the Juice

[quote]beautifulfreak wrote:
I am only against them choosing to spend their money on ONLY that, rather than the taking of the stuff in itself, lol. I WANT THEIR MONEY :wink: and I want them to look good too…of course…

0-:-)[/quote]

I don’t get it. If your clients spend money on food rather than juice, how do you get their money?

Do you own the only grocery store in town?

Maybe you should open up a steroid shop.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
Broads…[/quote]

haha!!! ROFLMAO!

Its going to be extremely hard for a 5’3" 110lb chick to convince these guys to come off the “juice”…I would have a hard time listening to a PT your size about anything no offense, just being honest. Check out some of Cy Willson’s articles on here that is my only advice.

[quote]MUthrows94 wrote:
Its going to be extremely hard for a 5’3" 110lb chick to convince these guys to come off the “juice”…I would have a hard time listening to a PT your size about anything no offense, just being honest. Check out some of Cy Willson’s articles on here that is my only advice.[/quote]

I would have a hard time listening to anything a PT like her had to say.

The first step to getting “meatheads” to hire you as a PT would be to stop calling them meatheads. Second would involve learning a thing or two about steroids and not making stupid comments about users. Looking like you know how to build muscle might help too.

I don’t know, I’m sure there are tons of fucktards out there that are on and don’t know the first thing about putting together a proper cycle, but still use. I’ve yet to meet one though.

This perception that anyone who is on only cares about “shooting up” and pays no attention to nutrition is ridiculous. The idea that people take the easy way out and get their muscles out of a syringe instead of through hard work is downright stupid.

[quote]buckeye girl wrote:
MUthrows94 wrote:
Its going to be extremely hard for a 5’3" 110lb chick to convince these guys to come off the “juice”…I would have a hard time listening to a PT your size about anything no offense, just being honest. Check out some of Cy Willson’s articles on here that is my only advice.

I would have a hard time listening to anything a PT like her had to say.

The first step to getting “meatheads” to hire you as a PT would be to stop calling them meatheads. Second would involve learning a thing or two about steroids and not making stupid comments about users. Looking like you know how to build muscle might help too.

I don’t know, I’m sure there are tons of fucktards out there that are on and don’t know the first thing about putting together a proper cycle, but still use. I’ve yet to meet one though.

This perception that anyone who is on only cares about “shooting up” and pays no attention to nutrition is ridiculous. The idea that people take the easy way out and get their muscles out of a syringe instead of through hard work is downright stupid.

[/quote]

Good post.

Nutrition and proper training is crucial for people even on steroids. If you think you can pin and pop pills then look like a bodybuilder your wrong. You still need to know how to eat and train.

I DGAF what others say about training and eating habits of assisted people being different from people who dont use AAS. I think they are very similar. AAS and other peptides allow a person to train a little harder and eat a little more food. To your average person it allows for a little more margin of error with nutrition. In the end your macro breakdown is going to still be similar.

EXCEPT when cutting for a show. I believe an ‘assisted’ diet can be a lot different than somebody who is natty.

But there aren’t too many people trying to get to 2-3% bodyfat so no worries eh. lmao

DG

[quote]beautifulfreak wrote:
…since I am a 5ft 110lb female I get the impression I dont carry a lot of cred at the moment…[/quote]

This is true. A guy who’s using steroids to build maximum size and/or strength is very unlikely to hire you. Welcome to the fitness business, this is the way it is.

I’d focus on attracting clients you can more easily relate to, at least for now, until you get more overall experience.

Any chance you’d consider working at another place? Really, if this is the majority of gym members, I’m wondering how you ended up there in the first place.

I think it would help if you approached it as though steroid-users were a special population, like diabetics or the elderly. (Gimme a second, y’all, I can explain.)

What you learned in your PT certification textbook was, on the whole, applicable to the “average” population. When you’re dealing with special populations, you’re going by a new rulebook. And if you’re not familiar with the new “rules” and the most appropriate methods of dealing with your clients’ special needs, nobody’s going to see results.

You wouldn’t give nutrition advice to a diabetic without thoroughly researching the condition, correct? Same line of thinking applies here.

I have to agree with the rest of the crew that your goals of “converting” or “enlightening” the steroid-users are adorable, but misguided, inappropriate, and ultimately unachievable.

You’re new to the fitness business, so like I said, start off trying to work with clients you can more easily relate to. That’s a better way of getting used to the profession.

You might also want to check out the Trainers Talking Shop thread.
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/trainers_talking_shop
There are some other trainers that might be able to help you answer any other questions about the job itself.

If you want to get more information on AAS, you need to spend more time on here reading threads before you can get some useful info.

First of all, I see too many red flags regarding your posts thus far:

“meatheads!!!”

“most of my potential clients would rather spend their money on that than on food.”

“stop using start losing, use food as your drug”

“intelligent “athletes” rather than dumb grunting belldroppers”.

“no reason to choose real food over chemical supplements in order to improve size, strength and performance”

At this point, we see you as one of the ill-informed outsiders trying to capitalize on the sensationalese surrounding “roid” usage.

I realize you don;t mind that as long as it enhances your appeal to these potential clients, but for most of us on this site, it will be a conflict of interest to give you more fodder for that purpose, since the “sensationalese” surrounding AAS is BS at best.

In all honesty, the only thing you can tell your clients is that they need a certain level of muscular development before they can take advantage of AAS, and to get to that point, they will have to eat and train in a way NOT recommended by the infomercial gurus.

You need to tell them that frame is absolutely impoirtant and many gym losers don;t have the right body frame to make any significant difference by adding size so AAS use is possibly not needed for most of these characters. And you will need to inform them about the potential damage caused by “abusing” AAS without proper planning…

So by being honest with said clients you will ahve done nothing to enhance your appeal to them! To look more useful in their eyes you will need to repeat what they have been fed by the media while chaining them to a chair with their eyelids clamped open “Clockwork orange” style - and to do THAT there is nothing this site or its members can give you. Just being honest.

LOL. Gold.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I don’t get it. If your clients spend money on food rather than juice, how do you get their money?

Do you own the only grocery store in town?

Maybe you should open up a steroid shop.[/quote]

So a PT doesn’t have to know anything about anabolics? Sad.

funmetal

PT like you belong in the cardio bunny tred-mill farm “health clubs”. My guess is most of the “meatheads” know more about nutrition and muscle building then you do.

Hate to come off harsh but you are very green here, you need to learn more about things such as steroids before you start preaching the evils of them.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
The more general problem is a misassumption that this is an either/or matter: that EITHER lifters use steroids OR they will care about nutrition.

This is a completely false assumption.[/quote]

I’m quoting this just in case the OP hasn’t fully understood it yet.

[quote]Nanan wrote:
My guess is most of the “meatheads” know more about nutrition and muscle building then you do.
[/quote]

No way. She specializes in sports nutrition. That means she knows stuff. Those “meatheads” don’t specialize in sports nutrition so that makes them, well, meatheads.

This is a classic thread.

Can an admin please make it a sticky? Thank you.

[quote]Nanan wrote:
PT like you belong in the cardio bunny tred-mill farm “health clubs”. My guess is most of the “meatheads” know more about nutrition and muscle building then you do.

Hate to come off harsh but you are very green here, you need to learn more about things such as steroids before you start preaching the evils of them.[/quote]

Bingo.

Can you even begin to understand the massive amount of drugs that fall under the “steroid” umbrella, and the complex biochemistry they represent?

Seriously, many of the “meatheads” here in our own steroid forum have advanced science degrees, and your whole attitude, and approach, smacks of ridiculousness. Spend their money on you, or food instead of juice? Like they don’t ever eat, and subside only on anabolics.

I don’t know where your certification is from, but I can pretty well guarantee you don’t have even a quarter of the background some of the folks you’ve flippantly labeled as “meatheads” do when it comes to biochemistry and physiology.

Any BB who’s juicing with success (ie; built an impressive physique thru hard training, diet and use of AAS) is never in a million years going to need to “hire” a trainer like you. Stick to soccer moms…

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
First of all, I see too many red flags regarding your posts thus far:

“meatheads!!!”

“most of my potential clients would rather spend their money on that than on food.”

“stop using start losing, use food as your drug”

“intelligent “athletes” rather than dumb grunting belldroppers”.

“no reason to choose real food over chemical supplements in order to improve size, strength and performance”
[/quote]

I could add a few more…

“What can I write to convince them to reevaluate?” … “And i couldnt give a monkeys if they use or not quite frankley, not my issue.”

“I’ve just never been interested in learning about steriods so I’m being faced with a totally unknown barrier here.” … “Silly, I’m here looking to learn about it before i say owt to anyone :-p” …

“I am not “against” anything. I am just obviously wanting their money in MY pocket not the dealers, yeah? ;-)” … “I am only against them choosing to spend their money on ONLY that, rather than the taking of the stuff in itself, lol. I WANT THEIR MONEY :wink: and I want them to look good too…of course…”

BF wants the guys at the gym to look good, yet reevaluate their choice on steroids; even though, she could careless if they take the steroids. Furthermore, she’s never been interested in learning about steroids, but now she is looking to learn more about it before she makes any more comments.

In conclusion, she doesn’t give a rat’s ass about the guys and what they do as long as she gets their MONEY. That’s the general point I’m getting from her dialogue.

So, lets focus on what you are really trying to do, BF; how to make more money as a PT at this new gym? My advice would be to read this following piece of advice from CC over and over again: "You’re new to the fitness business, so like I said, start off trying to work with clients you can more easily relate to.

That’s a better way of getting used to the profession" In other words, you ARE a 110lb female; which clients do you think you might have greater success with in trying to earn their cash?

The “meatheads” who are trying to look anything but like a 110lb cardio-bunny or women who are trying to lose weight to look like you–a fit, 110lb female. Think about it…

My “meat” could use some “head” just about now. If the OP is interested, of course.

With all due respect.

Thanks for chiming in, you dumb grunting belldropper.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

Can you even begin to understand the massive amount of drugs that fall under the “steroid” umbrella, and the complex biochemistry they represent?

Seriously, many of the “meatheads” here in our own steroid forum have advanced science degrees, and your whole attitude, and approach, smacks of ridiculousness. Spend their money on you, or food instead of juice? Like they don’t ever eat, and subside only on anabolics.

I don’t know where your certification is from, but I can pretty well guarantee you don’t have even a quarter of the background some of the folks you’ve flippantly labeled as “meatheads” do when it comes to biochemistry and physiology.

Any BB who’s juicing with success (ie; built an impressive physique thru hard training, diet and use of AAS) is never in a million years going to need to “hire” a trainer like you. Stick to soccer moms…
[/quote]

Because it simply needs to be done…

/thread.

[quote]Holden Caulfield wrote:

the first mistake you’re making is the assumption these people are even on steroids to begin with. have you asked them?

the second mistake is that you’re assuming these guys are spending ALL their money on steroids and not on food. are you sure you even know how bodybuilding works? are you aware of the amount of food and the types of calories one must take in to promote serious muscle growth?

sure they’re idiots out there who “rely” on gear but those are few and far between and are lost causes so dont concern yourself. plain and simple, gear is no alternative to hard work, intense training, and proper nutrition in the world of bodybuilding.

seems like you have a long way to go until you fully understand this because right now you sound like the media and every other outsider who believes that steroids are magic pills that make you grow while you sit on your ass and do nothing. le me tell you something…no such compound has been discovered.[/quote]

EXCELLENT POINT!!!

sigh

alright, make it personal. I’ll explain - I just didnt think you all wanted my lifestory in order to answer a simple enough question.

I am fully qualified in nutrition (so yes, I do “specialize”) I have been awarded nutrition qualifications with Fitpro & FutureFit (nutrition Level 3 advanced advisor with behaviour of psychology change) and am accredited with CHEK nutrition & lifestyle coaching L2,

Lifecoaching level 3 and am a member of the Institute of Optimum Nutrition here in the UK. Personal Trainer Level 3 working towards the new level four.

I ALSO know that MOST the above papers are worth shit-all because a)theyre based on at best general information and at worst innaccurate information (- food pyramid anyone?!) and b)having a piece of paper does not mean you can DO anything or HELP anyone.

SO, to prove THAT - I have myself dropped from a 190lbs blob of a mess to a 100lb 10%bf “cardio bunny”. I have since gained 13lb of lean muscle within 1 year and am only halfway through my own transformation. I’m a huge fan of Bearadi and am currently enrolled in the Lean Eating Coaching Programme to improve my learning.

I’ve guest-featured in a newspaper column to conduct a male body composition challenge in our local city newspaper, turning a couch potato journo into a Men’s Health cover type guy (Still going! Doing well!).

So I know a little about what works and what doesnt, I’d say…

I’m NOT new to the fitness industy. and am even less new to nutrition and lifestyle coaching.

The gym I’m at? Tough break I know, its not ideal. But shoot a girl for trying?! Bad times. The MEATHEADS account for around 60% of the memberbase. There are 7 other PT’s targetting the studio bunnies with bosuballs.

Meatheads??? !Oh no she didnt! She said it again?! Yer I did. Like I said before, there is a difference between those who take this lifestyle SERIOUSLY, and those who seek constant short cuts in order to look good enough to pick up chicks younger than their daughters.

The money thing - I cover my bills by teaching classes (no, not aerobics :wink: circuits, ironman-style park group training, advanced spin and bodypump) and of COURSE I want to earn money as a PT but if it were all about cash why would I spend hours each week writing free articles and leaving them around?

The only thing that you’re all correct about, is that I know nothing about sports drugs. But hey, I kinda said that myself first post. Arent you all proud this was my first port of call?? …Dont answer that :wink:

Yes, I will now take on board ALL of your contructive comments. Yes, I will completely disregard all the pointless person-bashing and piss-taking (no, I dont own a shop, I work 65hrs a week I wouldnt have the time hun…although, nice idea!) and a big thanks to the five people who PM’d me real advice, 5 people too scared to reply to someone getting bashed in public for daring to learn :wink:

Get a grip here guys, its a learning forum not a “prove yourself” forum.

Ok! TTFN. And for those interested…I may start a log to document my next 13lb lean gain. I’ll let u know :wink: