Converting Creatine Non-Responders

[quote]diamonddelts59 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Woppa wrote:
I “became” a non responder. I took creatine for the first time, and it was amazing. Money problems at the time meant that I couldn’t take it any more. Two years later, I bought some more and it did nothing. What had changed in the mean time? I became a coffee drinker. These days I drop the coffee and it’s all good again. Try that if you are a non responder.

Anybody correct me if I’m wrong but caffiene plays with insulin sensitivity.

Caffiene is in coffee.
ALA plays with insulin to help with creatine absorption.
Maybe insulin sensitivity does have something to do with a creatine non-responder?

I’d also like to know more on how sodium affects creatine absorption, if anybody would care to explain?

Thanks

Gerdy

hes probably refferin to the sodium potassium pump in some way[/quote]

That’s what I thought…

Idk I like to see evidence or at least a theory as to why something works instead of just taking people’s opinion. I’ll take the opinion with a theory, but without that it’s just a trust factor with the person.

No offense to anybody and I’m not saying anybody is wrong here, but we are all just random people on the internet, unless there is a proof or theory it’s hard to believe anybody. imo…

Gerdy

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Woppa wrote:
I “became” a non responder. I took creatine for the first time, and it was amazing. Money problems at the time meant that I couldn’t take it any more. Two years later, I bought some more and it did nothing. What had changed in the mean time? I became a coffee drinker. These days I drop the coffee and it’s all good again. Try that if you are a non responder.

Caffiene is in coffee.
Maybe insulin sensitivity does have something to do with a creatine non-responder?

I’d also like to know more on how sodium affects creatine absorption, if anybody would care to explain?

Thanks

Gerdy

hes probably refferin to the sodium potassium pump in some way

That’s what I thought…

Idk I like to see evidence or at least a theory as to why something works instead of just taking people’s opinion. I’ll take the opinion with a theory, but without that it’s just a trust factor with the person.

No offense to anybody and I’m not saying anybody is wrong here, but we are all just random people on the internet, unless there is a proof or theory it’s hard to believe anybody. imo…

Gerdy[/quote]

What mediates creatine transport into cells is CreaT (Na+,Cl-). Glucose/insulin release speeds creatine loading only.

Dont believe me? Pubmed is your friend.

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Woppa wrote:

Caffiene is in coffee.

Thanks

Gerdy

That’s what I thought…

Gerdy

What mediates creatine transport into cells is CreaT (Na+,Cl-). Glucose/insulin release speeds creatine loading only.

Dont believe me? Pubmed is your friend.[/quote]

Now were talking… Thanks man.

Now insulin is also a transporter for nutrients into muscle correct? Even post loading, won’t taking creatine with something that causes an insulin response cause a faster uptake of creatine into the muscle. Where it can convert to phosphocreatine and be used by ADP within the muscle?

Gerdy

jdrannin1 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Woppa wrote:

Caffiene is in coffee.

Thanks

Gerdy

That’s what I thought…

Gerdy

Now insulin is also a transporter for nutrients into muscle correct? Even post loading, won’t taking creatine with something that causes an insulin response cause a faster uptake of creatine into the muscle. Where it can convert to phosphocreatine and be used by ADP within the muscle?

Gerdy[/quote]

The speed at which creatine is absorbed is probably of minor concern really, unless we’re talking about taking it 30-60 minutes before workout when blood levels of creatine would be peaking. So, during the workout itself, there is more creatine available. This could result in it having a greater net effect on the body.

If creatine stores are already full, a maintenance dose is all that’s required. So, when the body actually needs comparatively less creatine, what good would a minor faster replenishment really offer?

The theory is there for some greater results if you take it before a workout, but would this actually translate into greater results? I doubt it.

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
jdrannin1 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Woppa wrote:

Caffiene is in coffee.

Thanks

Gerdy

That’s what I thought…

Gerdy

Gerdy

The speed at which creatine is absorbed is probably of minor concern really, unless we’re talking about taking it 30-60 minutes before workout when blood levels of creatine would be peaking. So, during the workout itself, there is more creatine available. This could result in it having a greater net effect on the body.

If creatine stores are already full, a maintenance dose is all that’s required. So, when the body actually needs comparatively less creatine, what good would a minor faster replenishment really offer?

The theory is there for some greater results if you take it before a workout, but would this actually translate into greater results? I doubt it.[/quote]

Good point and I agree.

So the theory of some sort of insulin spike helping a non-responder is what? Anybody? lol

I don’t know much about non-responders but this was what the OP had pretty much gotten around too, well sort of…

I guess that if we knew how the non-responder was non-responsive we could get more answers.

Maybe it has something to do with an inability to store creatine and the faster uptake was used to correct this? I’m not sure…

So there went my theory. lol

Gerdy

jdrannin1 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
jdrannin1 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Woppa wrote:

Caffiene is in coffee.

Thanks

Gerdy

That’s what I thought…

Gerdy

Gerdy

The theory is there for some greater results if you take it before a workout, but would this actually translate into greater results? I doubt it.

Good point and I agree.

So the theory of some sort of insulin spike helping a non-responder is what? Anybody? lol

I don’t know much about non-responders but this was what the OP had pretty much gotten around too, well sort of…

I guess that if we knew how the non-responder was non-responsive we could get more answers.

Maybe it has something to do with an inability to store creatine and the faster uptake was used to correct this? I’m not sure…

Gerdy
[/quote]

I dont believe in that non-responder stuff, but an insulin spike could help. Carbs or whey protein would be best. Just be careful not to consume too many simple carbs because that shuts down the sodium pump to some degree.

I have yet to meet anyone in real life that didnt actually get gains from using creatine. Expectations are sometime too high. But who knows…

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
jdrannin1 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
jdrannin1 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Woppa wrote:

Caffiene is in coffee.

Thanks

Gerdy

That’s what I thought…

Gerdy

Gerdy

Good point and I agree.

Gerdy

I dont believe in that non-responder stuff, but an insulin spike could help. Carbs or whey protein would be best. Just be careful not to consume too many simple carbs because that shuts down the sodium pump to some degree.

I have yet to meet anyone in real life that didnt actually get gains from using creatine. Expectations are sometime too high. But who knows…
[/quote]

I agree with the expectations part. I think that sometimes people expect more out of supplements than what they should.

People often misuse the word “supplement” for “magic pill to build a lot of muscle”.

I have personally never met a non-responder but people claim they are real and I was just seeing if I could help find a solution here, but it looks as tho it’s just me and you talking about how creatine is absorbed in a normal person and no “non-responder” to shed light on why they are “non-responsive”.

Take it easy man

Gerdy

I have personal experience of this. I respond well to creatine normally.

However i respond exceptionally well when i do this:
Take 10mgs of creatine with 600mgs ala, four times a day. Doing this on monday, tuesday and wednesday consecutively.

I put on roughly 7 pounds in those three days. THEN I TAKE THE REST OF THE WEEK OFF. I lose roughly half of that weight by the end of the week at least, but my strength has also increased dramatically by then.

I have only just realized this was my protocol when i put on and kept maybe a stone in a few weeks. I was also bulking with at least 6000 calories a day and training around three hours a day, at least 4 days a week and using progressive overload.

Bring it on!

I know what i’ll be doing if GOD’S WILL PERMITS.

[quote]big balls wrote:
I have personal experience of this. I respond well to creatine normally.

However i respond exceptionally well when i do this:
Take 10mgs of creatine with 600mgs ala, four times a day. Doing this on monday, tuesday and wednesday consecutively.

I put on roughly 7 pounds in those three days. THEN I TAKE THE REST OF THE WEEK OFF. I lose roughly half of that weight by the end of the week at least, but my strength has also increased dramatically by then.

I have only just realized this was my protocol when i put on and kept maybe a stone in a few weeks. I was also bulking with at least 6000 calories a day and training around three hours a day, at least 4 days a week and using progressive overload.

Bring it on!

I know what i’ll be doing if GOD’S WILL PERMITS.[/quote]

Thanks for adding the experience man.

Gerdy