Conversion Help

Can someone please tell me the conversion rate of millileters(ml) to milligrams(mg), and/or grams, thanks.

Well you need to know the density of said material. But with water one miligram of water has a volume of one milileter since water has a desnity of one.

It depends on the density of whatever you are trying to convert. Density is g/ml so unless you know the exact density, you can’t convert milliliters to milligrams.

1L of water weighs 1kg, & milli means thousandth, you figure out the rest.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/

There is no one conversion rate. It depends on the density of the material (weight pervolume). Milliliters are a volume and milligrams are a weight. The conversion rate for steel will be much higher than water, for example. What is the substance you are interested in? I may have a density chart somewhere…

There is no such conversion. Milliliters (ml) is a measure of volume, 1/1000th of a liter. Milligrams is a measure of mass (weight), at 1/1000th of a gram. They don’t convert. No way. No how.

You can dissolve milligrams of a substance into milliliters of a solvent, but then you’re talking about percent solution, type of substance etc. etc.

1ml=1mg I think. It’s a mass versus volume thing.

If you are talking about water, 1 gm of water is equal to 1 ml.

1:1 and 1:1000 respectively

It is NOT 1 ml= 1 mg (with water), as many people have said. If that were true, 1 liter (1000 ml) would only weigh 1 gm (1000 mg). There are 454 gms in one lb, so I think its safe to say that 1 liter weighs a little more than 1 gm. The conversion is 1 ml=1 gm
-Jason

The conversion rate of water is usually estimated to be 1gm=1ml, but this is all temperature dependant. For example, for body composition measurement, the density of water is 0.9937g/ml at 36 degrees celsius. If you heat water up, the density will decrease and if you cool water, the density will increase. I don’t have the water density chart near me, but since we drink water at cooler temperatures, the density will be slightly higher so 1g=1ml for water is an estimate with little to no error in real life situations.

Did that matter? Anyway I believe water has a density of 1 by definition and most chemical standards are established at STP. But anyway, that was less than relevant as well… Not to be a jerk or anything, but weve gotten way off of the threads original intent
-Jason

No, what I wrote does not really matter. It was probably better left unsaid. It does have some application to the original question, but not really as a response to your post. Good call on the STP thing. I completely forgot about that. After rereading your post, I realized that there was nothing in there that even relates to my response. Thanks for calling me on my shady response.

Wow, I didnt expect that kind of response. I should have been more specific, I intended this post to go up on the drug forum. My question is in reguards to steroid conversion. (Eg)how many millileters of a liquid injectible would equate to a milligram? Hope that helps, sorry about the forum mixup.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/

I am a bottomless pit of info!!!

As everybody has already mentioned, you have to know the density to make the right conversion from a volume to a mass or vice versa. Without knowing the density of the exact product, no one can give you an answer.

With steroid equivalents, you probably need to know the concentration, or the molarity of the substance.
-Jason