Converse Chuck Taylor

My last pair of chucks got jacked quick the sides on inner and outter came off the sole. Is this a common problem or just maybe a bad pair? These were low tops just got a new pair of all black high tops today hoping they last longer than 4 months

Where’d you get em at? reason I ask is if you get the “chucks” at places like Target they seem to be el cheapo’s and don’t hold up as well as “real chucks”. IDK. Sounds like you got a bum pair or were in beast mode and fucked your shit up lol. Count em as a casuality of war.

Nope never. When my last pair wore out, the sole at the ball of my feet wore out to the point I could stick my finger through about the same time the rubber sides were at the very beginning stages of separating from the canvas.

I dont know i went through 2 pair of chucks my first pair was the same as the second where the sides split out. But it never happened in the first pair. The first pair just got the bottoms worn out. I got them from shoe department. The new pair i just got from Champs. Maybe the second pair was faulty or the higher weights screwed them up. When i had my first pair i was squatting around 445-465- the second pair i gym maxed at 515 and they are horrible now lol. Who knows thanks though guys.

[quote]jkondash89 wrote:
I dont know i went through 2 pair of chucks my first pair was the same as the second where the sides split out. But it never happened in the first pair. The first pair just got the bottoms worn out. I got them from shoe department. The new pair i just got from Champs. Maybe the second pair was faulty or the higher weights screwed them up. When i had my first pair i was squatting around 445-465- the second pair i gym maxed at 515 and they are horrible now lol. Who knows thanks though guys.[/quote]

Definitely not a weight issue. I’ve owned the same pair for 4 years and put over 500lbs on my back and 600lbs in my hands plenty of times with them with no issue.

Are you wearing them only for lifting, or as normal footwear as well?

Only for lifting i kept em in a box to and from the gym lol