Conventional Deads 285 for 3x3 - bw158

Hey ladies!

Just wanted to share some deadlifting videos with you. I’m approaching my second comp on November 8 and feeeling very ready. Funny how the first half of a program you don’t quite feel like you’re making much progress or gains but by the second half and last quarter it starts adding up.

[quote]FiveFootTwo wrote:
Hey ladies!

Just wanted to share some deadlifting videos with you. I’m approaching my second comp on November 8 and feeeling very ready. Funny how the first half of a program you don’t quite feel like you’re making much progress or gains but by the second half and last quarter it starts adding up.

[/quote]

Great job!! I was starting to wonder if I was the only one not pulling sumo. And you kick my butt by 150 lbs!! (:

I pull conventional too. You’re an ox girl!

nice work ginger! i heart you :slight_smile:

Hell yeah! congrats!

Those are beautiful. Awesome.

[quote]nanasarieh wrote:
nice work ginger! i heart you :)[/quote]

You’ve got a strong 300 video on here, too!!! Looks easy for you.

You put me to shame! Nice work. Now I need to go work on my deadlift some more…
I flirted with sumo but prefer the regular stance.

nice work !!! man, i am so envious, deadlifts are so difficult for me, you did great :slight_smile:

great power
be careful to reach out, and do not bend and pull, you could tear the biceps

[quote]SWAT06 wrote:

great power
be careful to reach out, and do not bend and pull, you could tear the biceps [/quote]

Do not bend and pull my elbows? That is a bad habit I’ve developed! I will work on it! - Thanks :slight_smile:

[quote]Cal Jones wrote:
You put me to shame! Nice work. Now I need to go work on my deadlift some more…
I flirted with sumo but prefer the regular stance.[/quote]

Yeahhh, I can’t stand sumo. My body type doesn’t do a well with it, because I have short legs. And everytime I train with sumo my left hip gets thrown out of place and causes a lot of back pain!

SWAT06 wrote:

great power

Do not bend and pull my elbows? That is a bad habit I’ve developed! I will work on it! - Thanks :)[/quote]

yes for your elbow’s
sorry for my text ,i’m french (google is not my friend , mouhahahaha!)

SWAT06 wrote:

great power

Do not bend and pull my elbows? That is a bad habit I’ve developed! I will work on it! - Thanks :)[/quote]

I was going to say it looks like you try to jerk tension into the bar and start the lift in the same move, instead of putting tension on the bar and setting up your body, and then starting the pull off the floor. Does this make sense?

[quote]sluicy wrote:
FiveFootTwo wrote:
SWAT06 wrote:

great power

Do not bend and pull my elbows? That is a bad habit I’ve developed! I will work on it! - Thanks :slight_smile:

I was going to say it looks like you try to jerk tension into the bar and start the lift in the same move, instead of putting tension on the bar and setting up your body, and then starting the pull off the floor. Does this make sense? [/quote]

Ah interestimg way to describe it. Now I’m worried about changing up my habits before/during my meet in november 8th, you know? But I need to fix this aspect of my technique!

Nice work! My favorite part about it is how well you strain. Most women would have given up in the middle of the first lift because it was “hard” and they “couldn’t do it…” That’s BULLSHIT! you should do very well at your meet! Agree about the jerking though… you should have tension on the bar and try to “bend” the bar before you actually start to lift it. Then, once you have tension on the bar and are trying to bend it, you pull your heels through the floor and the weight, theoretically =D, should fly up! =D Easier said than done!

[quote]mmgalb727 wrote:
Nice work! My favorite part about it is how well you strain. Most women would have given up in the middle of the first lift because it was “hard” and they “couldn’t do it…” That’s BULLSHIT! you should do very well at your meet! Agree about the jerking though… you should have tension on the bar and try to “bend” the bar before you actually start to lift it. Then, once you have tension on the bar and are trying to bend it, you pull your heels through the floor and the weight, theoretically =D, should fly up! =D Easier said than done! [/quote]

The requirement to strain is the best part! The “I dont know if this is possible but I want to see!” part. I love that.

Meanwhile, thank you for that version of the elbows and bar. I apprciate the different ways people think of it. Digging the heels I don’t think about nearly enough, I think more about my quads and butt.

Thanks for the critique!

mmgalb727 wrote:
Nice work! My favorite part about it is how well you strain. Most women would have given up in the middle of the first lift because it was “hard” and they “couldn’t do it…” That’s BULLSHIT! you should do very well at your meet! Agree about the jerking though… you should have tension on the bar and try to “bend” the bar before you actually start to lift it. Then, once you have tension on the bar and are trying to bend it, you pull your heels through the floor and the weight, theoretically =D, should fly up! =D Easier said than done!

The requirement to strain is the best part! The “I dont know if this is possible but I want to see!” part. I love that.

Meanwhile, thank you for that version of the elbows and bar. I apprciate the different ways people think of it. Digging the heels I don’t think about nearly enough, I think more about my quads and butt.

Thanks for the critique![/quote]

Yeah different perspectives of how people interpret the lift and what they think before they do it are always interesting. I pull conventional myself and I probably don’t think about my quads ENOUGH… ahh well… always room for improvement I guess! =D What’s your opener at the meet? Do you have your 2nd and 3rd attempts planned or do you just decide them right then and there?