Controlling Binge Drinking?

[quote]theBird wrote:
OP, please delete your account. You dont belong in our community.

GTFO.

tweet[/quote]

And take that^ cunt with you.

Just kidding… you can stay. Not sure about emu though

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[quote]BootScootBoogy wrote:
Unless it’s affecting your goals and relationships negatively, who cares. Have fun. If you feel the need to quit, quit. Including the boozing parties. Not that difficult.[/quote]

So HoustonGuy, why did you change your avatar and screen name?[/quote]
^ Super gay

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Stop going out to bars/clubs, or only allow yourself to do so once a month-ish.

If you DO just wanna hook up with random chicks and that’s why you go to those places, well we can’t really help ya. If you go out just to hang with friends, maybe you should find friends that have greater goals in life than that.

My Mom always told me our family was genetically disposed to drinking problems, smoking, etc. I smoked pretty consistently on and off for a year or so, like 1-3 smokes a day. Then I decided to stop smoking. I drink usually once a week or so, 1-2 drinks, and that’s it. For a time I drank more, and to stop that, I stopped putting myself in social situations where that’s encouraged. Figure out where and when you are prone to said behaviour, and if you wanna eliminate that behaviour, get rid of the situation that encourages it. Done son. [/quote]

I always like your posts, H4M.

You’re one of the most level-headed and mature young men I’ve ever encountered online and elsewhere. You got your shit together, man.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

If you DO just wanna hook up with random chicks and that’s why you go to those places, well we can’t really help ya. If you go out just to hang with friends, maybe you should find friends that have greater goals in life than that.

My Mom always told me our family was genetically disposed to drinking problems, smoking, etc. I smoked pretty consistently on and off for a year or so, like 1-3 smokes a day. Then I decided to stop smoking. I drink usually once a week or so, 1-2 drinks, and that’s it. For a time I drank more, and to stop that, I stopped putting myself in social situations where that’s encouraged. Figure out where and when you are prone to said behaviour, and if you wanna eliminate that behaviour, get rid of the situation that encourages it. Done son. [/quote]

You’re one of the most level-headed and mature young men I’ve ever encountered online and elsewhere. You got your shit together, man.
[/quote]

X 2 so that is two old guys H4M that you have the approval rating from

ID sent you a PM

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
You need to be able to go out and have a few beers, and then call it a night. If you can’t, that’s called a drinking problem.

I’m probably about the same age as you, and I’ve been a hard drinker for a long time. I’m hitting the age now where that’s starting to change because other things are beginning to take priority over getting shitty. That, and I did the same thing you did - got too drunk on several occasions and really did some things I regret - and it made me begin to change my drinking habits.

Getting wild every once in a while isn’t going to kill you, but doing it too much is where the problems will start.[/quote]

This and as others have said you either choose to not drink as much, dont go out, or become a raging alcoholic. Ive personally seen alcohol kill. I used to binge drink, couldnt control it, seen alcoholism first hand didnt fucking care. Then I grew up, im probably your age, probably younger. Saw that the binge drinking was bringing me down. Personally, I wont let a weakness beat me. Now when i go out i just have a few, one of the main reasons was my career. I got a career a love, and would never be able to live with myself if one night binge drinking coupled with a shitty decisions took my career away. Make your decision, hopefully its the right one, one you can live with.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Unless it’s affecting your goals and relationships negatively, who cares. Have fun. If you feel the need to quit, quit. Including the boozing parties. Not that difficult.[/quote]

^ Super gay[/quote]
lol

The “super gay” thing does make me think you have a point DB.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

ID sent you a PM[/quote]

Thanks guys, that means a lot…though in all seriousness, I’ve got a ways to go in certain areas. Getting married makes you realize that haha.

I spent 7k on coke one weekend

Not all for me though

No one left my basement for like 2 weeks man

We survived on spiders and each others bodily fluid

It was worth it

the strobe lights gave the arachnids a special flavor

[quote]Nards wrote:
The “super gay” thing does make me think you have a point DB.[/quote]

Point?

Everyone knws that’s HG. Its pretty obvious. He’s also been JingleBalls

Holy shit for a second I thought you guys were complimenting want2getlean

You understand my surprise and confusion.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Wouldn’t you if you were him?

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Wouldn’t you if you were him?[/quote]
Still a butthurt weenie I see.

I heard that dude was pretty rad but one morning his posts quit showing up.

I’m glad I’m here for this thread.

Truly an historic one.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

ID sent you a PM[/quote]

though in all seriousness, I’ve got a ways to go in certain areas. [/quote]

In all seriousness you never get there H4M and that is what makes you who you are, the ones who think they have just fail to realize this.

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Still a butthurt weenie I see.

I heard that dude was pretty rad but one morning his posts quit showing up.[/quote]

Is that your latest conquest in your avatar?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

ID sent you a PM[/quote]

In all seriousness you never get there H4M and that is what makes you who you are, the ones who think they have just fail to realize this. [/quote]

Exactly. Just realize it’s a journey. Make it worth it because the destination is death.

:wink:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

ID sent you a PM[/quote]

In all seriousness you never get there H4M and that is what makes you who you are, the ones who think they have just fail to realize this. [/quote]

Exactly. Just realize it’s a journey. Make it worth it because the destination is death.

[/quote]

I was born dead. When I die I will live.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

ID sent you a PM[/quote]

[/quote]

I was born dead. When I die I will live.[/quote]

Yeah, well you’re the exception to the rule.

lol

[quote]Testy1 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Of course I would. I’ve noticed that literally every single post HoustonGuy has ever made in the last several months has either been ignored or ridiculed for about two or three posts and THEN ignored. Obviously everybody on this website thinks he’s a dumbfuck.

What’s funny is that he presents himself as someone who doesn’t give a shit about what others think of him, yet he obviously does. He wants acceptance, he needs it. So he changes his screen name in the hope that people will accept BootScootBoogy since it’s plain as day that no one cares about anything that HoustonGuy has to say. It’s pathetic.