Control of Estradiol?

1. Would a better solution to control estradiol would be injecting 200IU e2d if now injected 300IU e3d?
  2. Has anyone noticed a difference in estradiol levels with testosterone injection subcutaneously compared to injection into the muscle?
  3. Has any exemestane comparison with anastrozole?

FT levels control FT–>E2, then levels are determined by liver clearance of E2.

T is dosed in mg’s. Do not understand 200IU.

Can be more specific if you post current labs with range and TRT protocol.

T subq absorbs slower delivering smoother T levels. Anastrozole is a competitive AI, competitive with T. So steady T levels are needed. Suggest T injections subq twice a week and take anastrozole at time of injections. Injecting 2 EOD would be better, but a bit of a burden.

Please see last paragraph re thyroid.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

Thanks for reply

T is dosed in mg’s. Do not understand 200 IU.
I mean HCG not T

Would you be able to elaborate further on the liver clearance of E2?

I’ve never come across this before, but I think I may have an issue with this.

My liver enzymes always come back above reference range, and I’ve also struggled with high estorgen both pre and post TRT.

However, even low doses of anastrozole crash my E2. Is it possible that I’m not a heavy aromatiser like I assumed, but my liver is failing to clear E2 effectively?

There are many possibilities.

Your anastrozole dose depends on serum T levels and that depends on your T dose that is not specified here.

“Has anyone noticed a difference in estradiol levels with testosterone injection subcutaneously compared to injection into the muscle?”

TMG will help your liver metabolize the estrogen. I use it with DIM for my e2 control.

Can I split the hcg dose into smaller ones. For example, 100 iu ed instead of 300iu e3d. Must this be a larger dose and less often? I think it would help to maintain a stable level of estradiol without anastrozole.

1 Like

hCG has nothing to do with E2 management. But if the dose is too high, E2 can become high.

T subq creates steadier T levels which helps with anastrozole that needs to be matched to T levels. Changing T levels present problems.

Half-life of hCG makes EOD sufficient. ED dosing works great, not many want to live by the needle that often.

E2 levels are a balance of FT–>E2 generation and clearance by the liver. Please note that FT is the major issue and hCG simply creates a certain level of FT.

Exemestane can work well most of the time. You will be taking a lot more mg per week compared to 1mg/week anastrozole. Anastrozole may be least cost as well.

If you are not doing E2 labwork, any AI drug result is guesswork.

1 Like