T Nation

Control Day / Low Protein Day

Thibs, you suggested in an article for ‘control days’ that protein be set at 1.5 to 1.75g per pound, fat around 0.3 to 0.4g per pound, and carbs less than 50g. As for ‘low protein days’, you suggested protein be set at O.5g per pound. And if you are not on a low-carbs diet, you can ingest fruit, veggies, oil, small amount of nuts or beans.

So basically my questions is… During a mass gaining phase, how should a Control/Low Protein day be setup if wanting to incorporate them on the same day?

Thanks Thibs

Good question. I’d like to know about this as well.

[quote]Italiano wrote:
Thibs, you suggested in an article for ‘control days’ that protein be set at 1.5 to 1.75g per pound, fat around 0.3 to 0.4g per pound, and carbs less than 50g. As for ‘low protein days’, you suggested protein be set at O.5g per pound. And if you are not on a low-carbs diet, you can ingest fruit, veggies, oil, small amount of nuts or beans.

So basically my questions is… During a mass gaining phase, how should a Control/Low Protein day be setup if wanting to incorporate them on the same day?

Thanks Thibs[/quote]

From what I understand, you can’t really do both as both have different purposes. Control is for maintainance and less fat gain and low protein days are for a larger anabolic response due to low amino levels.

If trying to do both, I guess the best approach would be some sort of fast where you have a general low food intake day, but that’s not really the purpose of each thing.

[quote]Italiano wrote:

Thanks Thibs[/quote]

Normally, you can’t.

Well, low-protein days can somewhat act as control days if carbs are to high (so that you are in a caloric deficit) but it’s not optimal. Control days, to work more efficiently should be based mostly on protein.