Contrast Shower Logistics

So I hear contrast showers are supposed to be good for recovery. My understanding is that you would do them ussually post-workout alternating between hot and cold water (1 minute hot, 30 sec cold, ect.), and go for rounds, ussually 3-5, which leads to about a 5-10 minute shower depending on the time intervals you use.

My question is, when do you get clean? Do you scrub and shampoo during the warm only? Or do you have to try and do it during the cold too? I’ve done just cold showers, (poor man’s ice bath), and it turns into a mental exercise of focus and putting your mind elsewhere, not exactly something I would be able to multitask during. Also the idea of washing my junk with a freezing wash cloth is not that appealing either.

I realize this sounds kind of like I’m joking, but I’m actually serious. I want to make sure I’m taking care of my recovery, but I don’t want to smell like wet dog either.

P.S.: How does jacking it work into this equation? Is rubbing one out during a contrast shower not a good idea? Come on T-Nation, don’t pretend you haven’t done it. (That last sentence is a bit more of a joke, but only a half-joke, I’m still curious about that)