Continued Use of Protein Powder?

Was wondering if anyone has any advice on cycling protein powders or if it’s ok to use indefinitely. I take two 40g shakes a day (1 scoop of ON whey and 1 scoop of muscle milk). Usually take my first one as my second meal of the day at 9:30am and my last one post-workout at about 6pm. I eat 4-5 solid meals on top of this. Have been doing this for at least two years.

Should I cycle off the protein powder or is it ok to stay on indefinitely? Was reading another post and saw where someone said you should cycle off. Had never heard of that prior to seeing it in that post.

I think Berardi recommends cycling between a few brands.

I wouldn’t really worry about it, assuming you’re taking a quality one.

I used to be a big muscle milk fan (even when they had the not so healthy glycocyamine in it), but they’ve changed their formula and me thinks they’ve also changed the protein profile.
Also, as I read it, you’re taking it post-workout, correct? If so, I’d switch the order, if you’re going to continue to use Muscle Milk.

Unless you’re low-carbing it, I’d go for Surge over Muscle Milk for PWO purposes, and use Metabolic Drive during other times of the day.

Jehovas,
Thanks for the advice. Have been on Muscle Milk and ON Whey forever so probably as good a time as any to change up. Will try out the Surge and Metabolic Drive.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

I used to be a big muscle milk fan (even when they had the not so healthy glycocyamine in it), but they’ve changed their formula and me thinks they’ve also changed the protein profile.
Also, as I read it, you’re taking it post-workout, correct? If so, I’d switch the order, if you’re going to continue to use Muscle Milk.

Unless you’re low-carbing it, I’d go for Surge over Muscle Milk for PWO purposes, and use Metabolic Drive during other times of the day.[/quote]

Jehovas, Who makes Surge and Metabolic Drive?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

Unless you’re low-carbing it, I’d go for Surge over Muscle Milk for PWO purposes, and use Metabolic Drive during other times of the day.[/quote]

[quote]nc maniac wrote:

[/quote]

whoah

click “store” at the top of this page

[quote]nc maniac wrote:

[/quote]

For those of you who think we advertise too much, please take note of this post.

[quote]TC wrote:
nc maniac wrote:

For those of you who think we advertise too much, please take note of this post.

[/quote]

Haha, I don’t see how you can post on here 50 times and not know what Metabolic Drive is. To the OP I’ve been taking protein powders consistently for about 4 years and experience no digestion problems or any problems at all for that matter. Protein powders are just food, and although it might be a good idea to swap them for whole food protein sources throughout the day, I’d never stop taking it pwo.

[quote]TC wrote:
nc maniac wrote:

[/quote]

touche lol

[quote]TC wrote:
nc maniac wrote:

[/quote]

Or the first page of the Supps and Nutrition forum. Half the threads are:

“Who makes a good fish oil?”
“What is a good protein powder?”
“PWO - WTF?”
“I NEEDZ TEH ENERGYZ!”
“BCAA powders taste like poop, what do I do?”

Sometimes I think some people have selective vision.

Guys, I honestly apologize. If you look at the majority of my posts they have nothing to do with nutrition or supps. It’s all in the “over 35” section. I’ve been on here since November and until last week never really surfed the site other than the over 35 section. To be honest I’ve always bought all my supps through Bodybuilding.com and Massnutrition. When Surge and Metabolic Drive were brought up the first thing I did was go to those sites. Obviously they weren’t there, thus my post.

I’ll take the jackass of the day award as until you guys started posting I didn’t even realize this site sold products. I’ve now found the store. Definitely not selective viewing just ignorance and lack of time to really check out the site. Thanks for your patience.

Sorry if this is somewhat tangent but has anyone actually cycled their protein powder and noticed a difference? For example, less acne (yes, a small problem I have) due to a potential mild allergy development from one brand too long. Sorry again if I hi-jacked your thread bud.

[quote]ahu2468 wrote:
Sorry if this is somewhat tangent but has anyone actually cycled their protein powder and noticed a difference? For example, less acne (yes, a small problem I have) due to a potential mild allergy development from one brand too long. Sorry again if I hi-jacked your thread bud.[/quote]

Unless you’re switching from one type of protein to another, such as from dairy to vegetable, it doesn’t make sense to switch brands.