T Nation

Continued Issue Losing Fat in the Midsection

I have continued to have issue losing body fat, specifically around my midsection when cutting. The last cut that I had, I was able to carve out ample definition in all body parts but my stomach.

I'm looking for any advice that can aid me in this endeavor as I begin my cut.

At my last cut, I began at around 215 lbs @ 5'9" and I'd say close to 17%-20% max bodyfat (20% is a little generous on the side of fat). I properly adjusted my macros in the manner outlined by Layne Norton.

In addition to doing physical labor in a factory, I trained weights 5 days a week (chest/legs/off-cardio/back/shoulders/arms/off-cardio). On my Off-cardio days, I performed HITT training with car pushes (45 second pushes with a Kia Amanti up a hill 5-10 times). On training days, I did some form of steady state for 15-30 minutes, sometimes in fasted state.

At the end of my 13 weeks of cutting, I had barely visible abs, retained almost all of my muscle, but still had slight love handles as well. I weighed between 189-192 lbs.

I know for certain my diet, supplementation, and training were all on point before that comes up as well!

Thank you so much for your time and I hope someone can help me!

You’ll just have to keep dieting until your body decides it needs to use your ab fat for energy

I’d say keep dieting until it starts negatively affecting your life , then take a break for awhile

GOM nailed it. You just have to keep dieting until your body burns that last, stubborn fat. Lower ab fat is always the last to come off for males.

Lyle McDonald has writted extensively about it. Check out “The Stubborn Fat Protocol” for more info than you could ever need on burning fat.

[quote]Ngen52 wrote:
I performed HITT training with car pushes (45 second pushes with a Kia Amanti up a hill 5-10 times)

Thank you so much for your time and I hope someone can help me![/quote]

Use a different car this time and you will be all set.

Based on the info provided; plan on 160-165 lbs. before you’re happy.