Continue to Bulk or Time to Cut? 21YO 5'10" 196lbs

Hey all! New to the forum! I just want any advice, critiques, etc about my current physique that y’all have! IMO my chest and legs are lacking. Thank you in advance.

Some stats.
21 YO
196lbs
5’10"
3,400 calories a day > this is an estimate

Goals? Do you want to be 175 and 4% bodyfat or are you looking to get to 250?

1 Like

I really appreciate the quick reply. Honestly I’m having an internal debate with myself. I want to continue to bulk and continue to add as much quality muscle as possible. But, I also really want to cut to see exactly where I’m at in terms of muscle vs fat. Is 250 even realistically attainable? Also, if I decide to compete. I want to make sure I have enough muscle when I cut down that low to not embarrass myself on stage and be competitive.

Disclaimer: I am a fat dude who lifts, not a BB at all. I’m working on leaning out to see abs and for heath reasons. I’m 5’11 and I was 185 at 15yo with a 33 waist. So I trend heavier. But I got to 225lbs at 20% on accident just working a sitdown job and lifting.

James Harrison is 5’10" and he hit 275 fairly easily. But he is a genetic freak and likely took PEDs.

We had a poster on here who was infamous who got up over 250 at your height. His name was professor x. I don’t know if he used PEDs.

I’m blabbering. My plan is to get as lean as possible till I reach 10% and then never go above 15% again. Slowly clean bulking to 15% and starting the cut when the abs disappear. That’s my plan, but I’m a fat guy so I have to watch out.

But I will tell you don’t mix approaches. I have wasted alot of time messing around and “recomping” and living in metabolic no man’s land. Getting stronger, bigger and staying un aesthetic wasted time I can’t get back.

1 Like

Disclaimer: I am a fat dude who lifts, not a BB at all. I’m working on leaning out to see abs and for heath reasons. I’m 5’11 and I was 185 at 15yo with a 33 waist. So I trend heavier. But I got to 225lbs at 20% on accident just working a sitdown job and lifting.
[/quote]

I appreciate the disclaimer and I appreciate any advice from anyone.

Yeah he is definitely a genetic freak! Goals for sure.

You got this! Just keep on the grind! And yes I definitely agree I shouldn’t mix approaches. I’m in full on bulk mood right now. Zero cardio currently. Just tough to decide where I want to take my physique next.

If you have nothing better to do for a bit you really should do yourself a favor and lean out. Just adding some cardio would prob make a diff

Also just for the sake of completemesss 5 time wsm mariusz pudzianowski was listed at 6’1" but he’s really more like 5’10". He was 310lbs with abs when he competed. He used steroids for sure, and is a genetic freak for sure. So he is the upper limit of your goals. Lol

1 Like

I’m a similar height at 170ish . If you hit your legs with some big movements I would guess that you’d see some more definition. I’d try some front squats/lunges/cleans, heavy farmers walks, and maybe some heavy calf raises/presses/step ups.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback!

Hahaha, I appreciate that tidbit of info!

Awesome! I appreciate the advice. Just motivated me to get to the gym quicker, and it just so happens I’m training legs.