Continue Cutting or Start Bulking?

starve to death.

or BULK: eat oreos until you feel like puking your guts out and go get a milk shake.

[quote]shoobey wrote:
bugeishaAD wrote:
keep cutting till all ribs are clearly visible. maintain for 3 years, then continue to cut further.

…Id say you look about ready to start gainin some mothafuckin weight!

I am currently 5’7 and 140 lbs. My goals are just go be as big and cut as I can be naturally. What weight do you think would be good as an initial bulk goal, before I would have to cut again?

As far as being cut vs. big goes, being cut is a little more important to me. Probably 70/30 with cut/being big, as far as how important each one is to me.
[/quote]

You’re tiny. How can you even consider cutting?

BULK BULK BULK!!! GAIN WEIGHT!!! make a goal weight, bulk till you hit it, then CONSIDER cutting, i myself would continue bulking unless i hit a good plateau, then it might be time for a change of pace, but for now dont worry about that bullshit, just bulk like crazy and you wont regret it

Aim high like Artem did and gain at least 100 pounds then cut.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

You’re tiny. How can you even consider cutting?[/quote]

Quoted for emphasis.

Bulk doesn’t mean you need to get sloppy. It just means you are eating to grow. It takes years to get big, it takes weeks to get lean.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
shoobey wrote:
esk221 wrote:
Bulk dude. BTW, I’m insanely jealous of your clavicular width. No homo.

why is that a good thing? I thought it looked weird how it sticks out like that

That’s why you need to slap some mass on there, broseph. [/quote]

so having a wide clavicular means my frame can handle a good amount of mass? That is odd since I’ve always thought I had a very tiny frame, hence how I can weigh only 140 lbs and not look anorexic.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
shoobey wrote:
bugeishaAD wrote:
keep cutting till all ribs are clearly visible. maintain for 3 years, then continue to cut further.

…Id say you look about ready to start gainin some mothafuckin weight!

I am currently 5’7 and 140 lbs. My goals are just go be as big and cut as I can be naturally. What weight do you think would be good as an initial bulk goal, before I would have to cut again?

As far as being cut vs. big goes, being cut is a little more important to me. Probably 70/30 with cut/being big, as far as how important each one is to me.

You’re tiny. How can you even consider cutting?[/quote]

I started cutting 6 months ago and I was about 190 lbs and hadn’t lifted for over a year, so I was very out of shape. I’m just asking if I should continue cutting or swtich it over to bulking at this point.

eat like a savage If you want to look like you lift weights

[quote]D Public wrote:
forget about bulking and cutting…

I think the best mentality to have is…How much food do I need to eat so I can get stronger on my exercises…

Your entire goal should be to get stronger in that 6-12 rep region…Personally, if I’m not eating a lot, I can’t gain strength at all…some people need to eat less…some people need to eat more…it’s a very personal thing…

Don’t get trapped in the endless cycle of bulking then cutting then bulking then cutting…It doesn’t work…I’ve tried it several times now…I always lose strength and then end up bulking right back to where i started…not making any progress strength wise…after enough times, I realized that my only concern should be to eat enough to continually gain strength…
[/quote]

No offense intended whatsoever, but how do you know you just didn’t bulk/cut incorrectly? This is the third time I’ve tried cutting, first two times I lost a ton of strength and muscle and didnt even look that cut near the end of it, but this time I kept most of the muscle I had, and a lot of my lifts actually increased from what they were at before.

In the past when I tried bulking too, the first time I put on a ton of fat and then lost muscle when I cut, but the second time I got lazy near the end of the bulk and just stopped lifting and working out for a year after, but then I started cutting and I did retain most of the muscle from that bulk.

I was in the same mindset as you with giving up on bulking/cutting, but I don’t think it’s a simple it works or doesn’t work thing. I think just eating and lifting and trying to progress will obviously work, but I believe that if you truly cut/bulk correctly, it is much more effecient then just lifting and eating correctly, and you will get gains much quicker than you would otherwise.

[quote]matsm21 wrote:
eat like a savage If you want to look like you lift weights[/quote]

My issue is I am not an ecto, I am “skinny fat”, meaning naturally without lifting I am skinny and flabby w/ zero definition and a flabby stomach. But I guess the only way to solve that is just doing controlled clean bulking and not eating everything in site, although that sounds a lot more fun and enjoyable.

What do you guys think a good goal weight should be for bulking, meaning I should not even think about cutting until I reach that number at least? I’ve never been considered with bodyweight or strength numbers that much, I just lift to look good aesthicaly, but having a goal weight for bulking would help just to stay on task.

[quote]shoobey wrote:
esk221 wrote:
shoobey wrote:
esk221 wrote:

That’s why you need to slap some mass on there, broseph.

so having a wide clavicular means my frame can handle a good amount of mass? That is odd since I’ve always thought I had a very tiny frame, hence how I can weigh only 140 lbs and not look anorexic.[/quote]

WTF.

You weigh 140 pounds… and youre asking if you need to cut or bulk.

holy shit.

[quote]hardcoreraymond wrote:
shoobey wrote:
esk221 wrote:
shoobey wrote:
esk221 wrote:

That’s why you need to slap some mass on there, broseph.

so having a wide clavicular means my frame can handle a good amount of mass? That is odd since I’ve always thought I had a very tiny frame, hence how I can weigh only 140 lbs and not look anorexic.

WTF.

You weigh 140 pounds… and youre asking if you need to cut or bulk.

holy shit.
[/quote]

it’s not like that, I have been cutting for the last 6 months and I am just seeing if I should continue cutting just to get the last bit of fat off my stomach or what. It’s not like I am asking about beginning a cut, I was 190 lbs when I started this cut and it was fairly obviously that I did need to cut at the time.

Could it be that “shoobey” is a nickname for the shoe guy? No offense if that’s not the case, just wondering.

[quote]shoobey wrote:
matsm21 wrote:
eat like a savage If you want to look like you lift weights

My issue is I am not an ecto, I am “skinny fat”, meaning naturally without lifting I am skinny and flabby w/ zero definition and a flabby stomach. But I guess the only way to solve that is just doing controlled clean bulking and not eating everything in site, although that sounds a lot more fun and enjoyable. [/quote]

Do you really think that most people would be muscular or lean if they didn’t train?

Stop worrying about whether you’re this or that and begin eating and training to reach your objectives.

Don’t listen to these haters. But I’d say maintain your current level for a few months and then start bulking.

[quote]WannaBeRealBig wrote:
Don’t listen to these haters. But I’d say maintain your current level for a few months and then start bulking. [/quote]

what is the purpose of maintaining though? If I maintain for 3 months and then I’m the same at the end of 3 months as I am now, wouldn’t that time have been better spent cutting or bulking regardless, because I am changing something at least?

[quote]WannaBeRealBig wrote:
Don’t listen to these haters. But I’d say maintain your current level for a few months and then start bulking. [/quote]

This guy is a beginner. Your advice is a great way for him to completely avoid taking advantage of both the rebound effect and any “newbie gains”.

Your advice would fit if he was an advanced lifter who had bulked up for several years and was dieting down for a contest for the first time, not someone this fucking tiny.

it think it just depends on what your goals are man.

No one should need to cut for 6 months. No one.
140 pounds and cutting is insanity. Bulk.