Continue 5/3/1 with Elbow Tendonitis?

Interesting thread.

I was doing 5/3/1 a while back and was also hitting at least 100 chins on a daily basis, for at least 6 months. This chin up ‘experiment’ culminated in a nasty dose of tennis elbow. I tried to work through it, stuck to mainly lower body stuff and worked my left hand side.

I was also applying ibuprofen cream to the elbow and wrapping cling film around it. God knows why really. Some sprint coach at my work told me he knew some guy who had done it and cured himself. I was desperate to get my elbow to heal so I thought why not.

Thing is that I felt I was getting better so one day I stupidly done a couple of sets of neutral grip chins. Next day my elbow was shot to shit. 3 weeks on and there was no let up in pain. I ended up getting a cortisone injection last week. One week down the line and the elbow feels not to bad. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

I’m using this time to really work my squat and hammer the prowler pushes. The upper body lifts can wait for a while. It’s a long game.

good advice in this thread. In my experience, supplements didn’t do much for me. What works:
-cheap elbow sleeves to keep them warm
-build up the tendon strength? (broscience theory) with hammer curls and wide grip/neutral pullups - as much as you can handle
-direct arm work of all types
-those expand your hand bands
-fat grips

I did all the above and now feel like my elbows are bulletproof. It takes time

you NEED the Rogue band. Trust me. Had chronic elbow pain in the bone (golfer’s elbow spot) on both elbows from Olympic weightlifting and 2 minutes of the painful Rogue band fixed it.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
you NEED the Rogue band. Trust me. Had chronic elbow pain in the bone (golfer’s elbow spot) on both elbows from Olympic weightlifting and 2 minutes of the painful Rogue band fixed it.[/quote]

You mean the voodoo floss right? I have heard awesome things about it. I may take the rest of this week off just to rest things up- and I will be ordering voodoo floss.

[quote]Aches89 wrote:
You mean the voodoo floss right? I have heard awesome things about it. I may take the rest of this week off just to rest things up- and I will be ordering voodoo floss.[/quote]

While you’re waiting for the floss to be delivered, dedicate some time to doing the triceps stretch that I mentioned earlier. You might be amazed at how much it alleviates your elbow pain, at least it did in my case.

[quote]soupandspoons wrote:

[quote]Aches89 wrote:
You mean the voodoo floss right? I have heard awesome things about it. I may take the rest of this week off just to rest things up- and I will be ordering voodoo floss.[/quote]

While you’re waiting for the floss to be delivered, dedicate some time to doing the triceps stretch that I mentioned earlier. You might be amazed at how much it alleviates your elbow pain, at least it did in my case.
[/quote]

Yesterday I was doing some shoulder and arm work, just easy lifting. I noticed in my left arm, from the front of my shoulder and down to my lower bicep, I felt some pain. And on my right arm it’s definitely golfers elbow. I’m a little worried about my left arm now; just don’t want anything to tear and then end up taking months off…I would lose my mind. Maybe I could take this week off, or at least do legs, abs and cardio…