Contest Prep Macro/Meal Plan

Stats:
6’2
200lbs
TDEE: 3100 Calories
Prep Calories: 2500 Calories
Cardio: 3x a week , 350 calories a session
Aiming to lose around 1.5lbs a week.

Was wondering if any competitors with experience could chime in on my meal setup for my prep, as well as the macro split. I feel as if i have carbs a bit high , as im 11 weeks out and am sitting at around 14% bodyfat , so was thinking of lowering them and increasing fats , or just reducing them a bit weekly. Thanks for everyone who has given me help since ive been on this forum. Heres my meal setup.

Meal 1: (Pre-Workout)

485 Calories

10g Fat

51g Protein

42g Carbs

1 Large Egg

9 TBSP Egg Whites

1 Scoop Whey Protein

2 Servings Cheerios

Meal 2: (Intra-Workout)

240 Calories

2g Fat

48g Protein

4g Carbs

BCAA’s

2 Scoops Whey Protein

Meal 3: (Post-Workout)

450 Calories

7g Fat

51g Protein

47g Carbs

1 Pouch Tuna

1 Clif Bar

1 Scoop Whey Protein

Meal 4:

530 Calories

12.5g Fat

64g Protein

39g Carbs

1 English Muffin

3 Slices Low Fat Cheese

2 Scoops Whey Protein

Meal 5:

840 Calories

40g Fat

60g Protein

70g Carbs

5 Whole Eggs

1 Packet Oatmeal

1 Slice Whole Wheat Toast

2 Cups 2% Milk

Honestly it’s a bit of a mess IMO. When I add it up it’s about 275 p 200 c 75 f. I estimated it in my head so I might be a little off. Doesn’t look to bad when you look only at the macros, but here are my suggestions.

1. You have absolutely no vegetables in this. You need small the micronutrients in veggies, as well as the fiber. Add green beans, broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, and any leafy greens
  2. Cliff bars are loaded with sugar. I wouldn’t eat them during prep.
  3. Your fat it a little too high. I’d keep it under 50 grams.
  4. I would also cut out dairy and processed foods. Bread, Cheerios, cheese are the ones that stick out. Try to stick to these foods.

Protein:
Chicken, turkey, white fish, salmon once a week, shrimp, 93-7 lean beef, fat trimmed steak, whey, casin, fat free cottage cheese
Carbs: brown rice, red potatoes,sweet potatoes, oatmeal
Fats: you should get all your fat from trace amounts in your other food. If you have to add some I’d go with avacados, flaxseed oil, mct oil, or almonds

Avoid sugar like the plague. At 200 lbs and 14% body fat you are going to need to loose around 18lbs in order to get down to around 5%. That’s doable in 11 weeks.

I’d shoot for like 300 p, start with 200 carbs and decrease them as your start to plateau, and under 50 fat. Start cardio at 7 days a week for 20 minutes. As you continue and slow down either raise cardio or cut more carbs. Give yourself the bulk of your carbs in the morning and pre and post workout. Also drink 1-2 gallons of water each day as well.

Hope that helps

awesome thanks for the reply. gonna hit the grocery store tomorrow. heres what i put together

2500 Calories

309g Protein

203g Carbs

50g Fat

Pre-Workout:

24g Fat

126g Carbs

51g Protein

1 Cup Coffee W/ 2 TBSP 2% Milk

4 Large Eggs

12 TBSP Egg Whites

2 Packets Oatmeal

2 4.5oz Bananas

30mins Pre / Intra-Workout:

2g Fat

4g Carbs

48g Protein

1 Scoop Jack3D or Bang PWO

BCAA’s

2 Scoops Whey Protein

Post-Workout:

10g Fat

5g Carbs

54g Protein

6oz 95% Lean Beef

3oz Clean And Cut Green Beans

Meal 4:

6g Fat

43g Carbs

82g Protein

6oz Chicken Breast

170g Shrimp

1 Cup Minute Brown Rice

Meal 5:

8g Fat

25g Carbs

74g Protein

6oz 99% Fat Free Turkey Breast Cutlets

3oz Top Round Steak Cutlets

1 Medium Sweet Potato

That looks much better. I’d put some carbs post workout. Just move from meek four to meal three maybe. 74 grams of protein is a lot in one meal. I’d split it up into 5-7 meals as well. Keep that metabolism cranking. Here’s an example of what I do. I’m 4.5 weeks out right now. Started at 182 16% currently at 165 8%.

It’s roughly 300 p, 200 c, 40 f

Meal 1
5/8 cup whites
1 egg
2 pieces turkey bacon
3/4 cups oats
1 cup cottage cheese fat free
Strawberries

Meal 2,3,4
15oz Chicken
1.5 cups brown rice
3oz cream beans
3 oz broccoli
Split evenly between three meals

Meal 5
5 oz chicken
3 oz zucchini
3 oz cucumber
3 oz broccoli

Meal 6
Whey, pb2 powdered peanut butter, almond milk, stevia

In addition
Morning 1 scoop whey

Preworkout 1 scoop whey
Post workout 1 scoop whey

Good luck man. If you have any questions feel free to reach out

awesome man. thank you very much. good luck on your show!

Just a very quick observation. I’d drop the bcaa’s if I were you, and if you must take something intra workout then sub them for eaa’s.

It’s okay if you don’t trust me on this, just make a quick search about bcaa’s and you’ll find that lately they’ve been bashed on pretty hard for being pretty much useless. Eaa’s are another story.

thank you for the insight. ive actually kind of found them useless , however i use them with cardio. Not sure if it helps , but i guess ive stuck with that bro science claim.

Just remember that your diet is just one variable of a successful prep. People can have different opinions and approaches, which is fine, but I was always the guy eating more carbs, even sugars, with less proteins and more calories than most gym bros would think, and I was able to gut through some pretty crazy training sessions right up to the end (and I’d like to think my muscle retention level was very impressive compared to most).

If what you’re doing has been working, then don’t look for reasons just to make changes. 18 lbs in the time you’ve got is very doable, but make sure you’re not losing muscle in the process. I always say that at the end of the day, it’s not a dieting contest, it’s a physique comparison :wink:

Now keep your eyes on the prize!

S

great info as always stu , thanks !