Contest Prep For My First Show

I have been on here for a couple of months now and haven’t really posted much at all, so I figured this would be a good opportunity to introduce myself! I work/train at a small gym in a very small town so there isn’t many resources for me as far as bodybuilding goes, so I also figured this could be a good chance for some “constructive” critism!

I’m 21 years old and 5’10. I started my contest prep at 223 5 weeks ago and i’m currently at 211. I’m looking to compete in an open regional show on may 25th.

Here are my 11 week out pics:

Another…

And one more

one more…

What’s the plan? Are you working with a coach? 11 weeks is closer than you think…don’t get “comfortable!”

I’m looking forward to following.

Probably the most useful tip I’ve picked up in my own prep is to look at your hamstrings each week. This will tell you just how much you’re really leaning out. Abs can lie depending on sodium intake, water retention, stress levels, etc…but the hammies never lie!

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
What’s the plan? Are you working with a coach? 11 weeks is closer than you think…don’t get “comfortable!”

I’m looking forward to following.

Probably the most useful tip I’ve picked up in my own prep is to look at your hamstrings each week. This will tell you just how much you’re really leaning out. Abs can lie depending on sodium intake, water retention, stress levels, etc…but the hammies never lie! [/quote]

I’m not working with anyone unfortunetely. Its not really in the budget right now and like I said I live in a small town that has minimal resources when it comes to bodybuilding. Don’t worry i am the farthest thing from comfortable at this point. I know I have a long way to go (especially without a coach) im guessing I’m sitting right around 10% for bf, I have no way of telling tho. I have just started uping the cardio to 4 - 45minute seesions a week to see what kind of reaction i have to that. Thanks thats a useful tip I will be keeping in mind week to week!