T Nation

Contest Prep Cycle

I’m 36, 6’0" and 195 lbs right now. I have done a few NPC shows in the men’s physique division and am training for one in November now. Just started a test e 500 mg/week cycle. I’ve messed around with aas years ago, but never during contest prep. I’ve been doing some research and it seems like most people switch to test prop a few weeks out from the show. I wasn’t planning on doing that, but I’m open to it if there is a good reason to.

I’m thinking of adding mast p to my cycle towards the end of it. I’ve heard that nothing beats it for contest prep, assuming your bf is already low and I’ve never had trouble cutting weight. My question is when to add it and what should the doses be? I’ve seen everything from just add it the last 2 weeks and run 100 mg a day to add it 8 weeks out at 350 mg a week.

They say that test p holds less water then test e but I have never noticed a difference.

Masteron is a great agent to add for a show. Run it at a high dose. At least 400mg per week.

They switch to test p because when it’s time to cut test out right before the show, it’s out of your system very quick. You want the test out because it aromatizes to estrogen and causes you to hold water