Contest in Stratford, Ontario

So today was the first time I experienced a have seen a competition in person. Great motivation. Were any fellow t-members there?

About 20 minutes from where I live but had no idea about it. Also I doupt there were any T-Nation members there.

[quote]PF_88 wrote:
About 20 minutes from where I live but had no idea about it. Also I doupt there were any T-Nation members there.[/quote]

I as well, I am in K-W.

[quote]DanErickson wrote:
So today was the first time I experienced a have seen a competition in person. Great motivation. Were any fellow t-members there?
[/quote]

Do you intend to compete dan, did you learn anything? How exactly did you get motivated? by the physiques or what?

Just interested,

Joe

[quote]Joe Brook wrote:
DanErickson wrote:

Do you intend to compete dan, did you learn anything? How exactly did you get motivated? by the physiques or what?

Just interested,

Joe
[/quote]

I did learn a lot. Here is breakdown of what I learned that I can think of off the top of my head.

#1 Give yourself lots of time for applying the skin tanning stuff and the oil afterwards. My friend was competing and I helped him do this. Getting it right was a lot more work than I thought. Afterwards during the competition I saw that a lot of the bodybuilders had not taken the time to do this properly and had tanning shit running down their bodies. One bodybuilder even had a big streak of tanning stuff running down the middle vertical crack in his abs!

#2 When on stage look confident, my friend was looking side to side with his eyes which gave him a nervous look.

#3 Practice posing a lot during the off season. A lot of the guys on stage looked like they were having a VERY hard time squeezing their muscles and holding it. The sweat was just pouring off some of their faces while some other guys were quite a bit better at it (including my friend).

I am personally hoping to compete in a couple of years. My girlfriend says I should make a goal to compete next summer. With the motivation I have been given I think I may. I am just going to train really hard and eat really well and see how I look in 7 or 8 months. Since the competition was amature there were some guys there that had maybe just a bit more muscle than me but were obviously WAY leaner. I could enter next year to get my feet wet.

I was also disappointed that some people were as developed as they were. When I heard the competition was supposed to be amature and a bunch of guys show up who are CLEARLY not amature it kind of made it unfair for everybody who actually is an amature. Though I am definitely not familiar with how these things are supposed to work.