Contest Day/Week

Hi Guys,

I have a few questions. I’ve been through this thread: Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION and it lays out the framework I plan to follow… For clarity I’ll detail out my plan

-5 (Thur)
Diet: 2.5 to 3 gallons of water, 50g of carbs or less and some 4-hydroxyisoleucine
Training:
-Cardio: ??
-Weights: As per the article

-4 (Fri)
Diet: same
Training:

-3 (Sat)
Training:

-2 (Sun)
Training:

-1 (Mon)
Diet: Begin a gradual carb-up. Eat 5 or 6 meals, each containing 50-75g of carbs.

Meal #…
1: 7:00 AM -
Food - 1 Large Banana and 1 large apple and 2 scoops casein blend
Carbs: 62 grams Protein: 52 grams Fat: 7 grams
Water - Half gallon

2: 10:00 AM - Same (Gallon of water consumed thus far)
(Starting the carb-up with fruit replenishes liver glycogen very fast… the faster liver glycogen is filled, the more effective the rest of the carb-up will be, as per the article)

11: Weights: Muscle emphasis workout (Shoulders and biceps)

3: 12:00 PM -
Food - 1.5 Finibars 1.5 scoops casein blend
Carbs: 62 grams Protein: 58 grams Fat: 23 grams
Water - Half gallon

4: 3:00 Same (two gallons of water consumed thus far)

At this point water consumption stops

5: 6:00 PM
Food - Two Tablespoons vegetable glycerine 1 slice (half serving) of IHOP french toast with 3 Tbs syrup
Carbs: 68 (did not count the glycerine) Protein: 8 Fat:8

6: 9:00 PM Same

Training:
-Cardio:
-Weights:

10:00 Epsom salt bath

Day of (Tue 5:00 PM) - Follow instructions per the article

[quote]â?¢ Looking flat? Have another simple sugar meal.

â?¢ Looking good? Small portion of fruit and protein.

â?¢ Holding water? Protein only (shake with very little water). [/quote]

Pump up as per the article: Forty-five minutes before pumping up for the shoot, take in two tablespoons of glycerol in one can of full-sugar soda.

For the most part I have my questions about how to dry out for the contest/photos answered, but here are a couple questions:

1. Cardio the week of: In days -5 through -2 specifically, is it okay to keep a high level of cardio? How much is too much and why? I plan to do a fasted steady state for 40 minute in the AM, a carb depleting HIIT for 15 minutes at lunch, and weights in the evening.
  1. What else to eat the day of? I know the carb amount is dependent on how the body looks, and fluid should be low/minimal, but are you supposed to starve? What do you guys eat on contest day? (I will have a coke with glycerine 45 min before).

2. Diuretics? What products do you personally use (if any) and how/when do you personally time them? Does anyone take anything the day of? The article says to use Taraxatone which is just some herbal stuff, or is keeping water low enough? I don’t doubt the formulation’s ability to work, but I just want to know others’ opinions and what they may use. I plan to take something legal and follow the articles instructions. I took diurex a time or two when i wrestled.

Please let me know if there are any major things I’ve missed in my plan or that you feel should be changed. Thanks.