T Nation

Contest Cycle

I’m getting ready for a show and wanted to put my cycle up for a critique.

Week 1
750mg Sustanon
600mg Equipoise
400mg Primo
75mg Tren ED
1mg Arimidex ED
Saturday and Sunday 250 IU HCG

Weeks 2-8
500mg Sustanon
400mg Equipoise
400mg Primo
75mg Tren ED
1mg Arimidex ED

Weeks 10.5-14
Day 1: 300mg Clomid
Day 2: 100mg Clomid
Day 3-25: 50mg Clomid

Come on people. I want to hear from you guys (Archaic, P#22, Warhorse and Thunder, if you’re still there)!

Still here!

I have a couple of thoughts.

1. Testicular atrophy doesn’t set in until the 3rd or 4th week, so I would save your HCG until then. The weekend protocol looks good though!

2. I don’t like the arimidex at such a high dose… I would much rather do between 0.25 and 0.5mg/day with 20mg nolva, or use femara instead. Adex is rough on your blood lipid profile, and as well 1mg is probably a more potent dose than you’d need anyways…

3. Now, you probably know this already, but I will state that EQ and sust have very long esters in them. And at the doses you’re running, they will probably be still kicking around your system even at week 12 and past. I would suggest switching to test prop for your test instead of sustanon, and dropping the EQ after week 4 (and possibly doubling the tren to 150/day to compensate).

OR, you could use your long lasting compounds and lengthen your cycle to a 12 weeker or sometihng…? Long lasting esters are tricky to work into a short cycle like yours…

Question: is this an actual contest prep cycle or just a cycle for lean mass gain?

I appreciate the advice. I will be doing a contest. My goal is to put on a few pounds leading up to it. My real goal is truly just self motivation, not to win the show. I know I could construct a cycle more geared towards contest prep.

I want to second the arimidex comment. 1mg/day is likely too much.

Archaic, what doses do you run of femera and do you like it more than arim?

I notice sides from arimidex and i’m looking for something else

I’ve been running 1.25mg/day of femara but if you’re running a lot of aromatising androgens to be safe, run 2.5mg/day or have nolva in case.

I like it, seems really good…

Archaic you’re running that much fem? Last time i was on i think i was at .5mg/day with no troubles at all. Fem is definetly awesome stuff though, i recommend it. It doesnt have the same negative effect on your cholesterol profile that arimidex does.

And chotto if you’re heart set on using EQ, consider getting some nandrolone phenylprop. Its a short acting deca, and i’ve been hearing some awesome things about it. Also, i second that sust is a very long acting ester. I think i’m only going to use test enanthate in my cycles from now on because the deconate in sustanon has a half life of 16 days almost. I’d suggest using something different, recovery will be more straightforward.

JP

Week 1
750mg Sustanon
600mg Equipoise
400mg Primo
75mg Tren ED
1mg Arimidex ED

Weeks 2-8
500mg Sustanon
400mg Equipoise
400mg Primo
75mg Tren ED
1mg Arimidex ED

Weeks 10.5-14
Day 1: 300mg Clomid
Day 2: 100mg Clomid
Day 3-25: 50mg Clomid

I’ll second or third the notion of the long acting esters being no good!

Here is the other thing you must take into consideration: The sustenon and equipoise may take away from some hardness, and cause water retention. The argument can be made that with the aromatase inhibitor and nolva this is wouldn’t be a problem, but trust me, when you are dieting for a contest, and want to be in the best shape possible, you are gonna want to loose that water retention, and aromatase inhibitors and estrogen blockers are not going to do this completely for you, and believe me when you are lean extra water is very noticable.

My suggestion is to start from scratch. use Testosterone propinate, instead of sustenon, for the first half of the cycle, and then switch to proviron, which will increase your hardness and accentuate the other anabolics you are using. the benifits of Equipoise are in increased vascularity - I would run this for the first half of the cycle, then let it trail off. Finally you have a heck of a lot of class 1 steroids but I don’t see any class 2s. My personal fav is stanazonal. Its just a great steroid. It will help control water by down regulating the ER and even occupies the PR in an antagonist fasion although to what extent is unknown. Basically this drug will complement what you have, and not add to water retention but will actually help decrease it.

I would leave the primo out at the begining of the cycle and add it in later when you d/c the equipoise - this will take over some class 1 action and doesn’t aromatise, and is easier to recover from.

So here is what I recomend:

Keep your ancillary protocol

Tren per day throughout
prop ed for first 4 weeks
proviron ed for weeks 5-8
Equipoise for first 4 weeks
Primo for weeks 5-8
winstrol for weeks 5-8,

So this way you come in to the show on tren, primo, winstrol, and proviron, with a little eq still in your system for vascularity. The adex and nolva, winstrol, and proviron, will all be enough to control your water retention, so you should come in dry, without the need for any diuretics, which I feel are way too dangerous for the lay public to be prescribing themselves (physicians don’t even prescribe these without having regular blood tests to monitor electrolyte balance) No one wants to end up like Paul Dillete at the show!

I recommed you continue the primo and winstrol for a week or two past when you stop everything else - this will give time for these drugs to fully exit your system, and win and primo are much easier drugs to come off on. P-22