T Nation

Contemplating Prohormones for Sport

Hi guys,I'll keep it short.

I play high level rugby and am hoping to get my first contract in the next few months. When I come back for preseason this summer I want to have an edge,and edge I think that I need. My conditioning needs an improvement and I need to gain 3 to 5 kilos of lean mass to get to the level that I need to be at to make an impression. I have asthma and my aerobic fitness suffers as a result,and I've been stuck at this weight for about 2 years now.I feel like if I came back bigger, fitter and more powerful I could blow people out of the water. I know I'm good enough to play professional at some level naturally but not sure whether I'm good enough to make it at the top level without an extra kick. I have a seller and products lined up, I'm just looking for opinions.

Has anyone been in this position that has an input? If so I'd greatly appreciate it.

You don't mention your workout routine, but 3-5 kg by this summer should be well within what would be expected if you are lifting hard and eating big without any extra help from AAS. If you are not putting in the effort, steroids won't help. The statement about being "stuck at this weight for 2 years now" makes me think you need to look first at your training and diet.

I'm currently a semi-professional player training in the youth system of one of the most successful club sides in the world,so my programme isn't an issue.We have the best people in the country training us.My diet is very good,I'm very knowledgeable about nutrition but have plateaud at this weight for the past couple of years.I lift 4 times a week in addition to a game,2 pitch sessions,3 skill sessions,a speed session and a conditioning session,so my work ethic cannot be questioned.I work my ass off and that's why I'm thinking that if I do decide to venture down the prohormone route I know that with the intensity and attitude I bring to my training I will reap the full potential benefits of any cycle I decide to do.

It doesn't matter how good the people training you are, if you have not made any gains in 2 years, assuming you are not a veteran that has been training for 10-15 years, something is not right. Maybe you are overtraining, spending too much time running on the field and not enough time in the weight room, or simply not eating enough.

I think you need to step back and find the reason for this before you venture into something that can only cause you more harm than good if all the other aspects of your program are not in line. Steroids can create an environment that can facilitate anabolic growth, but only if everything else is in order.

I use steroids for Gaelic football, definately made a huge difference.

Not ignoring the above advise, but if you think you have a chance of going pro then i say go for it! That is a career in the sport you love. A Dream!!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I would say go for it. I ran a cycle of test/EQ and it really helped me when I was pushing it to be selected for my club's top side. I can't directly comment on prohormones but if you have everything else in order it may give you the boost to take you to the next level.

The fact that you are lifting 4-times a week in-season tells me the people running your program have no idea what the are doing

off season test prop and var
in season rn gh

Does anyone know anything about gear with regard to testing?I've learned recently that I know may have a source for proper gear.The fact I didn't have a source before was the main reason I would have getting prohormones as opposed to proper gear.

If I were to do a cycle in the off season how long would it take after finishing for me to be clean?Also are they any products that can't be tested for,or that would beat standard sport testing?I'm subject to random testing at any time during the in season and pre season.

Just running prop or test suspension in the off season, then GHRP6 during the season would be good.

Test suspension will have no metabolites and you will pass tests just fine.

So you're not tested off season? When is this? Longer acting steroids with longer detection times tend to be cheaper. So if you had a long off season it would work in your favour.

Here are some Detection times:

TESTOSTERONE SUSPENSION 1-3 DAYS
TESTOSTERONE PROPIONATE 2 WEEKS
STANOZOLOL (ORAL) 3 WEEKS
OXANDROLONE (ANAVAR) 3 WEEKS
TESTOSTERONE ENANTHATE 3 MONTHS
BOLDENONE UNDECYLENATE (EQUILOPSE) 4 - 5 MONTHS
OXYMETHOLONE (ANADROL) 2 MONTHS
METHANDIENONE (ORAL DIANABOL) 5 - 6 WEEKS

EDIT: you said pre-season is this summer, say if it's June then you have feb-may about 16weeks to have cycle, recovery (pct) and detection time off.

Since you need to be recovered fully for preseason, i imagine the training is tough from the start, maybe a serious of 2 on 2 off cycles would be your best option.

I'm going to throw out a suggestion, this thread interests me as i also train for sport before bodybuilding. But im just guessing the time available.

W1-2 Test prop 700mg/week
W1-2 Anavar 100mg ED

W3-4 Nolva 20mg ED

W5-6 Test Prop 700mg/week
W5-6 Anavar 100mg ED

W7-8 Nolva 20mg ED

W9-10 Test Prop 700mg/week
W9-10 Anavar 100mg ED

W11-14 Nolva 40/40/20/20

Basically my off season is only a month long, but I have about 2 months in between when I stop playing matches and when I start preseason,during which time the chances of me being tested are minimal.

I actually didn't realise certain gear could be out of your system within such short periods of time. Ideally if something like test suspension or test propionate would be effective for me,it'd be ideal,as they'd be out of my system and untestable in short amount of time.

Would they be of any benefit to me?BBB?

Haha sorry, I meant would products like test suspension and test propionate,which would be ideal for me in terms of testing,would be of benefit to me in terms of the training I do and for athletic performance,as opposed to just for aesthetic benefits?

Haha sorry, I meant would products like test suspension and test propionate,which would be ideal for me in terms of testing,would be of benefit to me in terms of the training I do and for athletic performance,as opposed to just for aesthetic benefits?

Yes dude, thats what steroids do.