Contaminated T?

I was recently prescribed 100mg of testosterone cypionate per week, but the pharmacy only had 200mg vials. During my first injection I thought I had messed something in the vial up because I couldn’t draw any liquid, so I used a different vial and injected 100mg from that as per my Rx.

I remembered my pharmacy telling me that once the vial was pierced I had to throw it away because this testosterone doesn’t have preservatives in it and would grow bacteria? Are they just blowing smoke up my ass so I don’t shoot up an extra dose a few days later?

They are Sandoz 200mg Cypionate vials. It says they have benzyl alcohol in them right on the label.

1ml vials. 200mg is confusing as this refers to 200mg/ml

[quote]KSman wrote:
1ml vials. 200mg is confusing as this refers to 200mg/ml[/quote]

alot of companies now are making 1 ml 200 mgs vials because they can charge insurance companies even more. You can only get about 3/4 of the vial out 1/4 of it has to be wasted because you can not get the needle in all the way to probably extract it all. They suck… Anything to make a buck…

My doctor said she thinks that the pharmacist told me this for legal reasons, to cover his ass so I don’t inject extra, which I do not plan on doing. However this wouldn’t make sense, because then he would have just given me 2x1cc vials instead of 4 to last me 4 weeks. So, I almost want to believe him but something seems fishy because one of the ingredients on the label is benzyl alcohol, a preservative.

I was given those small vials on my first refill by the CVS pharmacy… they said my insurance company would only cover those… so, I had the Dr. write me a new script that I took to Costco pharmacy and they refilled with the 10ML vial. Much better program (and it was HALF PRICE at Costco !)

So I have 3 of those small Sandoz vials like you, and it is the identical medication as the bigger vials. I’m certain your pharmacy was misinformed when they told you that.

[quote]jhoward1102 wrote:
I was given those small vials on my first refill by the CVS pharmacy… they said my insurance company would only cover those… so, I had the Dr. write me a new script that I took to Costco pharmacy and they refilled with the 10ML vial. Much better program (and it was HALF PRICE at Costco !)

So I have 3 of those small Sandoz vials like you, and it is the identical medication as the bigger vials. I’m certain your pharmacy was misinformed when they told you that.
[/quote]
Its all about the bennies…Insurance companies are going to start doing anything they can because of way health care system is going. They can do what ever they want because they are Big Pharma. I am Big pharma number one enemie because I get people off drugs when possible by modifing lifestlye, and nutritional intervention. Some drugs are needed thats for sure but alot of people are over medicates. The average person over age of 65 is on 5 different drugs.

[/quote]

Just curious - what is Costco’s policy for filling T? The last script I got from my doc was for 2 vials of the 10 ml cyp (3 months supply) to allow for the issue of not being able to get the last bit out of the vial, but CVS insisted on filling only one vial, which is exactly (actually a bit less) than what the # injections X cc/injection works out to be. This will leave me with less than enough cyp to get through the 3 month insurance period.

[quote]pcdude wrote:

[/quote]

Just curious - what is Costco’s policy for filling T? The last script I got from my doc was for 2 vials of the 10 ml cyp (3 months supply) to allow for the issue of not being able to get the last bit out of the vial, but CVS insisted on filling only one vial, which is exactly (actually a bit less) than what the # injections X cc/injection works out to be. This will leave me with less than enough cyp to get through the 3 month insurance period.
[/quote]

I made sure to NOT give Costco my insurance info…I just paid cash. Cvs pulled the same shit with me with my insurance and that is why I moved. I still haven’t met my deductible yet…so for three 1ML vials at cvs it was 56 bucks with insurance…but at Costco it was 62 bucks for a whole 10ML vial.

[quote]pcdude wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I made sure to NOT give Costco my insurance info…I just paid cash. Cvs pulled the same shit with me with my insurance and that is why I moved. I still haven’t met my deductible yet…so for three 1ML vials at cvs it was 56 bucks with insurance…but at Costco it was 62 bucks for a whole 10ML vial.

At coscos don’t you have to have a business account to get those discounts? If not that is an awesome price. I will let my people know that do not have insurance because they are getting charged 140 for 10 CC bottle. Is that watson brand?

At Sam’s you need a business membership to get 10ml T cyp for $42. Use to be that guys were reporting similar costs at Costco with a basic membership. Last time at Sam’s they switched from Watsons to a different brand.

If you to Sam’s with a business membership and present your insurance card, the cost is about twice as high.

Best place to be in that regard is an HSA with an attached debit card for payments, then it is tax sheltered money that you are spending.

[quote]pcdude wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I made sure to NOT give Costco my insurance info…I just paid cash. Cvs pulled the same shit with me with my insurance and that is why I moved. I still haven’t met my deductible yet…so for three 1ML vials at cvs it was 56 bucks with insurance…but at Costco it was 62 bucks for a whole 10ML vial.[/quote]

I just went to Costco yesterday to get my test cyp prescription filled (1 10ml, 100mg/ml bottle) and they said it was $54, as an executive member. With Walgreens’s membership program, I can get the same for $50. My old insurance (Kaiser) saved me an additional $5 on top of that (will call my new insurance, BCBS, to see what they will save me). I ended up not getting the script filled at Costco and will try other places - however, if it turns out that prescriptions count towards the cash back they give on the exec/business memberships, I may still get it from there.

Great info. Had no idea about such a program at Walgreen’s. http://www.walgreens.com/store/psc/psc_options.jsp

My only concern is that one usually uses 200mg/ml. 100mg/ml increases the amount of oil you inject and increases the costs of your TRT.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Great info. Had no idea about such a program at Walgreen’s. http://www.walgreens.com/store/psc/psc_options.jsp

My only concern is that one usually uses 200mg/ml. 100mg/ml increases the amount of oil you inject and increases the costs of your TRT.

[/quote]

Arg. :slight_smile: Next appt I’m asking my doc to switch the script over to 200mg/ml.

Another tidbit that I found: Some counties are part of NACo, or National Association of Counties and there is a prescription discount card available for scripts that are not covered by insurance. It’s possible that T may not be purchasable using this card, but it’s always worth looking into. Go to Page Not Found - 404 for more information.

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:
At coscos don’t you have to have a business account to get those discounts? If not that is an awesome price. I will let my people know that do not have insurance because they are getting charged 140 for 10 CC bottle. Is that watson brand?[/quote]

I just did a regular membership. Yes it was the Watson brand. My doc wrote my prescription out like this:

Depo-Testosterone
200MG / ML, 10 ML Vial
Inject 1 ML PER WEEK IM

They generic’d the depo to the watson brand. $63 bucks.

I have insurance… but I don’t use it at Costco or the insurance companies will change your prescription to what works for THEM not you… I specicially told Costco I had NO insurance.