Contagious Habits: How Obesity Spreads

[quote]Meni69 wrote:

[quote]behexen wrote:
I remember reading somewhere along time ago that our personality is made up mostly of the 3 closest people to us. Basically it said how we take our own personal thoughts and influences and combine that with the traits of the 3 peole we spend the most time with to form our own behaviors.

I’m not sure I agreed with it to much but I do notice how even dumb shit that some of my friends say and do has rubbed off on me from time to time.[/quote]

My mom use to tell me, if I want to see how I am, look at my friends.
[/quote]

Arent you a pimp or something. :slight_smile: Just fucking with you.

[quote]dday wrote:
From the perspective of a guy who once was a giant fatty I can see how these results came to be. When I didn’t care about what I ate, how I looked or how often I need to buy jeans, the way others ate and looked gave me an excuse.
For instance, seeing someone who was really fat gave me the excuse that “well they’re fat, it’s becoming the norm so F it, I don’t care” Or when eating out, someone orders a giant pile of crap food my thought was “well they’re eating like that I can too”.
Folks remember we’re the 1%ers when it comes to training and eating habbits, most of us don’t think like the normal person in that regard.[/quote]

exactly, a lot of people on the thread say bullocks
well these clowns who did the study, did a study. none of us checked the data out of the framingham study.
We are meticulous with what we eat, we exercise more than the average person, by far.
so we don’t think like the average person

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:

[quote]behexen wrote:
I remember reading somewhere along time ago that our personality is made up mostly of the 3 closest people to us. Basically it said how we take our own personal thoughts and influences and combine that with the traits of the 3 peole we spend the most time with to form our own behaviors.

I’m not sure I agreed with it to much but I do notice how even dumb shit that some of my friends say and do has rubbed off on me from time to time.[/quote]

[/quote]

Arent you a pimp or something. :slight_smile: Just fucking with you.[/quote]

I am an agent for exotic dancers. but I did borrow a 1983 lincoln continental so i am pimpin’ (til my car is fixed monday)

[quote]Meni69 wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Meni69 wrote:

[quote]behexen wrote:

[/quote]

Arent you a pimp or something. :slight_smile: Just fucking with you.[/quote]

I am an agent for exotic dancers. but I did borrow a 1983 lincoln continental so i am pimpin’ (til my car is fixed monday)
[/quote]

Its this just group thinking? Or just basically grouping in general? You never go to a bar and nobody is drinking alcohol.

But do you have to suit? Come on son.

So, does this prove that “opposites attract” is flawed?